Open Source as a Driver for CRM Innovation

,----[ Quote ]
| With the success and wide deployment of RedHat, Apache, mySQL, etc., open
| source has become influential within the enterprise technology landscape,
| primarily in terms of infrastructure.
`----

http://www.destinationcrm.com/articl...ArticleID=7526

Quote for the day:

"Number two is move Netscape out of the win32 client area."

--Paul Maritz, senior vice president Microsoft

Last week:

CRM company dumps Microsoft, remakes itself with LAMP

,----[ Quote ]
| What Kolke and his team found was that with the low cost of a LAMP stack
| composed of CentOS, Apache, MySQL, and PHP, they were able to produce a range
| of hosted CRM solutions that wasn't possible on a Microsoft
| infrastructure. "Originally, we were intrigued by the pricing and
| distribution model [of open source] and then by the economics of developers
| in the community working on the code." The collaborative and cooperative
| nature of the open source community struck a pleasant chord with Kolke. "We
| were early users of the SOAP toolkit, and we had run into several walls with
| Microsoft where we had problems with it but couldn't get clear answers on
| when they were going to resolve the issues. We got the 'we know about it and
| we'll get to it' answer. With the open source community, we found a lot more
| support, and with having access to the code base we could contribute fixes.
| So the support was a lot more appealing for us, along with the rapid
| development cycle."
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/124920

Related:

SugarCRM CEO John Roberts: On-Demand Dynamics Are Changing

,----[ Quote ]
`----