[News] [Rival] Microsoft: Next Version of Windows Not Before 2011!!! - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Microsoft: Next Version of Windows Not Before 2011!!! - Linux ; Microsoft : Windows 7 still in planning stage and will take approximately 3 years to develop. ,----[ Quote ] | January 26th, 2008. Looks like Microsoft is NOT planning to release Windows 7 | in 2009. Microsoft's official response, by ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft: Next Version of Windows Not Before 2011!!!

    Microsoft : Windows 7 still in planning stage and will take approximately 3
    years to develop.

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | January 26th, 2008. Looks like Microsoft is NOT planning to release Windows 7
    | in 2009. Microsoft's official response, by an email dated 26th January, 2008,
    | to WinVistaClub states that Windows 7 is still in the planning stage and will
    | take approximately 3 years to develop.
    `----

    http://www.winvistaclub.com/i7.html

    The 2009 gossip and 'leaked' mockups were vapourware. That was so shallow.

    Related:

    http://www.thinknext.net/archives/2124

    Impossible thing #1: Developing efficient, well engineered free software like
    Debian GNU/Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | So, not only does free software represent a vast amount of effort, but it is
    | apparently very well-engineered and efficient effort leading to an even
    | higher use value than equivalent proprietary products! Not only can free
    | software manage large, complex projects, but it appears to do it better than
    | proprietary methods. * *
    `----

    http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...ike_gnu_debian

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft: Next Version of Windows Not Before 2011!!!

    On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:08:37 +0000, [H]omer wrote:

    >> Microsoft : Windows 7 still in planning stage and will take
    >> approximately 3 years to develop.

    > Is that human years or dog years?
    >
    > More Vapourware/Teaseware to keep investors quiet, and pump up stock.
    >
    > Anyway, Microsoft already /have/ their next version of Windows
    > ... it's called SUSE.

    My prediction: *IF* it gets released, I say 5 years.
    I suspect we are going to see a quasi Linux/Windows release, like you say,
    based upon SuSE.

    It's not going to be exclusive Linux nor exclusive Windows but a
    combination of the two.

    I'll bet they have 2 separate development teams working right now.
    One on the next version of Windows and the other on the Linux/Windows
    version.

    Then again, maybe I have had too much Chianti to drink ..

+ Reply to Thread