Linux market share - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux market share - Linux ; On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:54:56 -0700, Snit wrote: > "Rick" stated in post > 13pqik4f3291l96@news.supernews.com on 1/27/08 8:22 PM: > >> And it is relevant. You brought it. Again. YOUR WORDS ABOVE : "You do >> not know Linux ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: Linux market share

    On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:54:56 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > 13pqik4f3291l96@news.supernews.com on 1/27/08 8:22 PM:
    >
    >> And it is relevant. You brought it. Again. YOUR WORDS ABOVE : "You do
    >> not know Linux well enough..."

    > Your claimed experience is completely irrelevant. If you really knew
    > Linux you would not make the mistakes you have made, even recently:

    I know Linux far better than you.

    > ----------

    (snit lies snipped)

    --
    Rick

  2. Re: Linux market share

    Rick writes:

    > On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:54:56 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> 13pqik4f3291l96@news.supernews.com on 1/27/08 8:22 PM:
    >>
    >>> And it is relevant. You brought it. Again. YOUR WORDS ABOVE : "You do
    >>> not know Linux well enough..."

    >> Your claimed experience is completely irrelevant. If you really knew
    >> Linux you would not make the mistakes you have made, even recently:

    > I know Linux far better than you.

    Jesus H.

    It's like that scene in Dumb and Dumber where Harry and Lloyd are
    singing either side of the Gangster with the ulcer.

  3. Re: Linux market share

    "Hadron" stated in post
    fnkgq1$4pu$1@registered.motzarella.org on 1/28/08 5:11 AM:

    > Rick writes:
    >
    >> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:54:56 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> 13pqik4f3291l96@news.supernews.com on 1/27/08 8:22 PM:

    >>> Your claimed experience is completely irrelevant. If you really knew
    >>> Linux you would not make the mistakes you have made, even recently:

    >> I know Linux far better than you.

    > Jesus H.
    >
    > It's like that scene in Dumb and Dumber where Harry and Lloyd are
    > singing either side of the Gangster with the ulcer.

    Gee, Rick has, one suspects, direct experience with Linux but only very
    superficial experience with me... of course he knows Linux better than he
    knows me.

    Why does he think this is a bragging right of some sort?

    --
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

  4. Re: Linux market share

    "Rick" stated in post 13prh85ctk2jub3@news.supernews.com
    on 1/28/08 5:05 AM:

    > On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:54:56 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> 13pqik4f3291l96@news.supernews.com on 1/27/08 8:22 PM:
    >>
    >>> And it is relevant. You brought it. Again. YOUR WORDS ABOVE : "You do
    >>> not know Linux well enough..."

    >> Your claimed experience is completely irrelevant. If you really knew
    >> Linux you would not make the mistakes you have made, even recently:

    > I know Linux far better than you.

    Perhaps, but you barely know me at all.

    --
    Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
    walnut paneling and an all leather interior.

  5. Re: Linux market share

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu espoused:

    >> --
    >> Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly
    >> slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond
    >> imagination. --Albert Einstein

    > Snit-- a lot of your posts seem to me to be trying to provoke Linux-OS/
    > X flame wars. Is that what you're trying to do? Also, once you let a
    > subject out, you can't control where the topic will go in others'
    > hands---people don't have to stay on the topic you started.

    Snit's back again, after a considerable amount of time off. He's not
    here to discuss, rather, he's here to promote Apple. This is, of
    course, anti-charter, there is a perfectly good Apple advocacy group,
    however, he has constant flame-wars there, because if his, err, style.

    > BTW I can't believe the Einstein quote. Einstein died before
    > computers were very big on the scene, and the statement in any case
    > does not sound like him at all.

    I fully agree. Einstein would be more likely to be bemoaning their lack
    of mystery, and perhaps their complete failure to (at that time) help in
    any meaningful way in solving any of the physics questions of the time.
    Turing was the king of the computer, then.

  6. Re: Linux market share

    On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:06:52 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    Did you say something Mark Kent?
    I must have fallen asleep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2