Re: Linux Banned At My School - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Linux Banned At My School - Linux ; On 2005-11-01, Rich wrote: > The powers that be have banned Linux useage at my high school and also at > the college because they claim it is responsible for the hacking virus > that we get all the time. ...

  1. Re: Linux Banned At My School

    On 2005-11-01, Rich wrote:
    > The powers that be have banned Linux useage at my high school and also at
    > the college because they claim it is responsible for the hacking virus
    > that we get all the time.

    Does the hacking virus infect those linux computers?

    Or does it infect Windows computers?

    If it infects Windows computers, then banning Windows would be more
    logical. However, if it infects Linux computers, then banning Linux
    is more logical.

    > I like Linux and while others think it sucks, I don't.
    > Can I do anything to get Linux back on the apporved list?

    Is there anyone at school (teachers etc) who is actually interested in
    computers? I would talk to them first.

  2. Re: Linux Banned At My School

    On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:24:22 -0600, Ignoramus29173 wrote:

    > On 2005-11-01, Rich wrote:
    >> The powers that be have banned Linux useage at my high school and also
    >> at the college because they claim it is responsible for the hacking
    >> virus that we get all the time.

    > Does the hacking virus infect those linux computers?
    >
    > Or does it infect Windows computers?
    >
    > If it infects Windows computers, then banning Windows would be more
    > logical. However, if it infects Linux computers, then banning Linux is
    > more logical.
    >
    >> I like Linux and while others think it sucks, I don't. Can I do
    >> anything to get Linux back on the apporved list?

    > Is there anyone at school (teachers etc) who is actually interested in
    > computers? I would talk to them first.

    Woa, that post you just responded to is 3 years old!

    Anyways, most likely the people in charge of such decisions, well,
    decided themselves out of said jobs... being that they were clearly not
    suited for the position.

    --
    PGP Key: 0xBD652112

+ Reply to Thread