Windows Small Business Server at risk from critical flaw

| Microsoft said Wednesday that another one of its operating system products is
| vulnerable to a critical vulnerability, first patched two weeks ago.

Is hijacked of a server worse than data corruption (Windows Home Server)?
Microsoft still proves that it's bad for business.

Days ago:

Microsoft confirms Office for Mac 2008 snafu

,----[ Quote ]
| Office for Mac 2008 incorrectly assigns ownership of some files, Microsoft
| Corp. has confirmed, creating a potential security problem for businesses
| installing the new application suite.

Ten Common Security Myths

,----[ Quote ]
| While browsing and in discussion with friends, I have come across many
| misconceptions regarding security. Some of them are planted by the marketing
| division of software companies, some are the result of fanboyism and some are
| due to plain ignorance. The following are some of the most common: Â*
| Myths regarding the OS:
| Â* Â* * Windows is insecure because of its popularity...
| [...]

Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft Metrics

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a small subset of all the vulnerabilities, because the
| vulnerabilities that are found through the QA process and the vulnerabilities
| that are found by the security folks they engage as contractors to perform
| penetration testing are fixed in service packs and major updates. For
| Microsoft this makes sense because these fixes get the benefit of a full test
| pass which is much more robust for a service pack or major release than it is
| for a security update.

Skeletons in Microsoft’s Patch Day closet

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the first time I’ve seen Microsoft prominently admit to silently
| fixing vulnerabilities in its bulletins — a controversial practice that
| effectively reduces the number of publicly documented bug fixes (for those
| keeping count) and affects patch management/deployment decisions.

Beware of undisclosed Microsoft patches

,----[ Quote ]
| Forget for a moment whether Microsoft is throwing off patch counts
| that Microsoft brass use to compare its security record with those
| of its competitors. What do you think of Redmond’s silent patching
| practice?

Microsoft is Counting Bugs Again

,----[ Quote ]
| Sorry, but Microsoft's self-evaluating security counting isn't really a
| good accounting.
| [...]
| The point: Don't count on security flaw counting. The real flaw is
| the counting.

Microsoft is the world's biggest cause of zombie remailers

,----[ Quote ]
| In China, it would take about one and one-half years wages (for the
| average Chinese) to buy a legitimate copy of Windows Vista. If you
| could find it here.
| Microsoft is the biggest cause of zombie remailers in the world,
| because they make noises, but do not do anything to address the
| real digital inequities in the world.

Excuse me sir: there's a rootkit in your master boot record

,----[ Quote ]
| Every version of Windows, including Vista, is vulnerable to the rootkit.

Linux vs. Windows: Which is Most Secure?

Linux Security: A Big Edge Over Windows

The problems with Vista laid bare - What might have been

Why Windows is less secure than Linux

Linux more secure than Windows, national survey shows

Microsoft Windows: Insecure by Design

If Only We Knew Then What We Know Now About Windows XP

Why Windows is a security nightmare.