client server programming - Linux

This is a discussion on client server programming - Linux ; hi all I am writing chat application when new request comes to server it will fork and creates a child for that request and parent will wait for next request.Since there is only one accept call after first success it ...

  1. client server programming

    hi all
    I am writing chat application when new request comes to
    server it will fork and creates a child for that request and parent
    will wait for next request.Since there is only one accept call after
    first success it will return.How to do this for n number of requests.
    If possible plz explain with example

  2. Re: client server programming

    On Jan 27, 1:21 am, shiv wrote:

    > I am writing chat application when new request comes to
    > server it will fork and creates a child for that request and parent
    > will wait for next request.Since there is only one accept call after
    > first success it will return.How to do this for n number of requests.
    > If possible plz explain with example

    There are many chat applications whose source code is publically-
    available. Any of them would serve as excellent examples. If your
    question is just how to handle multiple clients, then *any* server
    whose source code is available will serve as a good example.

    Your question makes it sounds like you're trying to run before you
    know how to crawl. Have you written any software that handles more
    than one connection at a time yet? If not, start with a simple echo
    server.

    DS

  3. Re: client server programming

    shiv writes:

    > I am writing chat application when new request comes to
    > server it will fork and creates a child for that request and parent
    > will wait for next request.Since there is only one accept call after
    > first success it will return.How to do this for n number of requests.
    > If possible plz explain with example

    I'm sure your instructor will be able to give you some useful help.

+ Reply to Thread