Article: Putting iWork to Work in a Small Biz - Linux

This is a discussion on Article: Putting iWork to Work in a Small Biz - Linux ; ----- We were actually PC people when we started for the first year or so. Then we had an incident -- you get what you pay for. We've tried all the major brands; we won't call people out individually, but ...

  1. Article: Putting iWork to Work in a Small Biz

    -----
    We were actually PC people when we started for the first year
    or so. Then we had an incident -- you get what you pay for.
    We've tried all the major brands; we won't call people out
    individually, but they all have failed us. So we finally
    threw our hands up and said whatever, we're going to buy a
    Mac. We started doing point-by-point comparisons of a Mac
    versus a comparable PC and we saw that they were the same
    price -- we'd always heard Macs were expensive.
    But folks like us, we're scientists, we can't figure this
    out. So there were all these features that are available in
    that software, but we just didn't have the time to get
    trained on it to use it
    First we tell people, hey, you're getting a Mac and you don't
    have a choice. At first they're like "OK ...," and then they
    love it and end up buying one for home.
    I came out showing people different things and they said,
    'That's just so cool.' Everyone has a few of those moments,
    and then they're pretty much sold.
    -----

    Interesting article about real people using real products... and how much
    more productive one can be with better tools... no mention of benchmarks.

    --
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
    --Albert Einstein

  2. Re: Article: Putting iWork to Work in a Small Biz

    "Snit" stated in post
    C3C12711.A46CB%CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com on 1/26/08 6:06 PM:

    > -----
    > We were actually PC people when we started for the first year
    > or so. Then we had an incident -- you get what you pay for.
    > We've tried all the major brands; we won't call people out
    > individually, but they all have failed us. So we finally
    > threw our hands up and said whatever, we're going to buy a
    > Mac. We started doing point-by-point comparisons of a Mac
    > versus a comparable PC and we saw that they were the same
    > price -- we'd always heard Macs were expensive.
    > But folks like us, we're scientists, we can't figure this
    > out. So there were all these features that are available in
    > that software, but we just didn't have the time to get
    > trained on it to use it
    > First we tell people, hey, you're getting a Mac and you don't
    > have a choice. At first they're like "OK ...," and then they
    > love it and end up buying one for home.
    > I came out showing people different things and they said,
    > 'That's just so cool.' Everyone has a few of those moments,
    > and then they're pretty much sold.
    > -----
    >
    > Interesting article about real people using real products... and how much
    > more productive one can be with better tools... no mention of benchmarks.

    Arg! I did it again. Meant for CMSA. Sincere apologies... and some
    embarrassment. Silly on my part.

    --
    Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid: humans are incredibly
    slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond

+ Reply to Thread