Just installed ubuntu 7.10 on XP machine, how do I configure to dualboot? - Linux

This is a discussion on Just installed ubuntu 7.10 on XP machine, how do I configure to dualboot? - Linux ; I thought, like previous linux installs I have done, it would prompt me to set up a dual boot menu. I installed it fine but there was no option and it boots straight into XP I installed ubuntu to a ...

  1. Just installed ubuntu 7.10 on XP machine, how do I configure to dualboot?

    I thought, like previous linux installs I have done, it would prompt me
    to set up a dual boot menu. I installed it fine but there was no option
    and it boots straight into XP

    I installed ubuntu to a free 15GB partition on the main drive, how can I
    manually set up XP so I can now boot from linux? Or set up one of the
    linux dual boot options? (I have to get into linux first though)

    thanks in advance

  2. Re: Just installed ubuntu 7.10 on XP machine, how do I configure todual boot?

    On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 22:55:00 +0000, GS wrote:

    > I installed ubuntu to a free 15GB partition on the main drive, how can I
    > manually set up XP so I can now boot from linux? Or set up one of the
    > linux dual boot options? (I have to get into linux first though)

    A better newsgroup for Ubuntu questions is alt.os.linux.ubuntu.

    --
    // This is my opinion.

  3. Re: Just installed ubuntu 7.10 on XP machine, how do I configureto dual boot?

    GS wrote:
    > I thought, like previous linux installs I have done, it would prompt me
    > to set up a dual boot menu. I installed it fine but there was no option
    > and it boots straight into XP
    >
    > I installed ubuntu to a free 15GB partition on the main drive, how can I
    > manually set up XP so I can now boot from linux? Or set up one of the
    > linux dual boot options? (I have to get into linux first though)
    >
    > thanks in advance

  4. Re: Just installed ubuntu 7.10 on XP machine, how do I configure to dual boot?

    On 2008-01-26, GS wrote:
    > I thought, like previous linux installs I have done, it would prompt me
    > to set up a dual boot menu. I installed it fine but there was no option
    > and it boots straight into XP
    >
    > I installed ubuntu to a free 15GB partition on the main drive, how can I
    > manually set up XP so I can now boot from linux? Or set up one of the
    > linux dual boot options? (I have to get into linux first though)
    >
    > thanks in advance

    Unless you mucked around with how the Ubuntu installer
    works by default, it should have setup a bootloader with
    your XP configuration already in it. This has been
    pretty much standard operating procedure for desktop
    distributions for ~ 10 years.

    --

    Metallica is not worth the ruination of someone |||
    who has pirated their music / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

+ Reply to Thread