Where Is The Source Code To Your COLA 'Stats' Script [Homer] - Linux

This is a discussion on Where Is The Source Code To Your COLA 'Stats' Script [Homer] - Linux ; So? Where is it and why are you too chicken to post it? I'll bet it's chock full of stolen code. In fact I'll wager you are using some code from the REAL stats program that gets posted here weekly. ...

  1. Where Is The Source Code To Your COLA 'Stats' Script [Homer]

    So?

    Where is it and why are you too chicken to post it?

    I'll bet it's chock full of stolen code.
    In fact I'll wager you are using some code from the REAL stats program that
    gets posted here weekly.

    [Homer] = Hypocrite.

  2. Re: Where Is The Source Code To Your COLA 'Stats' Script [Homer]

    Moshe Goldfarb :
    > So?
    >
    > Where is it and why are you too chicken to post it?
    >
    > I'll bet it's chock full of stolen code.
    > In fact I'll wager you are using some code from the REAL stats program that
    > gets posted here weekly.
    >
    > [Homer] = Hypocrite.

    Heh. Heheheh. If he wrote it he doesn't have to release it. If he
    releases it, it HAS to be open since it's a script.

    Do you need a script to post stats to usenet? I have one if you're
    running a Linux/Leafnode combo.

    --
    I'm totally DESPONDENT over the LIBYAN situation and the price of
    CHICKEN ...

    www.websterscafe.com

  3. Re: Where Is The Source Code To Your COLA 'Stats' Script [Homer]

    On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 00:54:58 GMT, Handover Phist wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb :
    >> So?
    >>
    >> Where is it and why are you too chicken to post it?
    >>
    >> I'll bet it's chock full of stolen code.
    >> In fact I'll wager you are using some code from the REAL stats program that
    >> gets posted here weekly.
    >>
    >> [Homer] = Hypocrite.

    > Heh. Heheheh. If he wrote it he doesn't have to release it. If he
    > releases it, it HAS to be open since it's a script.

    I know that.
    I just find it to be highly hypocritical that a person like [Homer] who is
    always screaming about open software, eliminating patents etc chooses to
    keep his own works secret.

    It's totally hypocritical.

    > Do you need a script to post stats to usenet? I have one if you're
    > running a Linux/Leafnode combo.

  4. Re: Where Is The Source Code To Your COLA 'Stats' Script [Homer]

    Moshe Goldfarb :
    > On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 00:54:58 GMT, Handover Phist wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb :
    >>> So?
    >>>
    >>> Where is it and why are you too chicken to post it?
    >>>
    >>> I'll bet it's chock full of stolen code.
    >>> In fact I'll wager you are using some code from the REAL stats program that
    >>> gets posted here weekly.
    >>>
    >>> [Homer] = Hypocrite.

    >> Heh. Heheheh. If he wrote it he doesn't have to release it. If he
    >> releases it, it HAS to be open since it's a script.

    > I know that.
    > I just find it to be highly hypocritical that a person like [Homer] who is
    > always screaming about open software, eliminating patents etc chooses to
    > keep his own works secret.
    >
    > It's totally hypocritical.

    Nope. If he released binary blobs it would be, but his stuff is his
    stuff, he doesn't *have* to give it to you or anyone else. Hell I have
    several scripts doing stuff on my systems I haven't made public. What, I
    *must* give away *everything* I do because I like Linux and the GPL?
    Screw that! My **** is still my ****.

    --
    There are more ways of killing a cat than choking her with cream.

    www.websterscafe.com

+ Reply to Thread