ZDNet: Open source in its boom phase - Linux

This is a discussion on ZDNet: Open source in its boom phase - Linux ; http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1420 "That's where we are in open source right now. Everybody wants to get into the act. Everyone wants to say they're open source, even if they're not, because that's where the money is, or where they perceive the money's ...

  1. ZDNet: Open source in its boom phase

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1420

    "That's where we are in open source right now. Everybody wants to get
    into the act. Everyone wants to say they're open source, even if
    they're not, because that's where the money is, or where they perceive
    the money's going.

    Sitting on a park bench and shaking your fist at those crazy kids
    won't change anything. It's what gold rushes look like. Two years ago
    it was housing, and before that it was defense stocks. When I first
    started as a business reporter, in Houston in the 1970s, it was oil."

  2. Re: ZDNet: Open source in its boom phase

    "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" wrote in message
    news:1189711405.785301.59560@k79g2000hse.googlegro ups.com...

    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1420
    >
    > "That's where we are in open source right now. Everybody wants to get
    > into the act. Everyone wants to say they're open source, even if
    > they're not, because that's where the money is, or where they perceive
    > the money's going.
    >
    > Sitting on a park bench and shaking your fist at those crazy kids
    > won't change anything. It's what gold rushes look like. Two years ago
    > it was housing, and before that it was defense stocks. When I first
    > started as a business reporter, in Houston in the 1970s, it was oil."

    If someone writes it in their blog then it must be true!!!!

    Hey! Look over there ----->
    It's a blog claiming that Elvis is alive so it must be true.

  3. Re: ZDNet: Open source in its boom phase

    In article <1189711405.785301.59560@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.c om>, John
    Bailo, Texeme.Construct says...

    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1420
    >
    > "That's where we are in open source right now. Everybody wants to get
    > into the act. "

    ....on Windows boxes.

    --
    Conor

    I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.

  4. Re: ZDNet: Open source in its boom phase

    ____/ Barmy Bob. on Friday 14 September 2007 00:36 : \____

    border1.nntp.ams.giganews.com!border2.nntp.ams.gig anews.com!nntp.giganews.com!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
    > From: Barmy Bob.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Says who? Gary Stewart or Scott Nudds?

    > Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    > Subject: Re: ZDNet: Open source in its boom phase
    > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 00:36:55 +0100
    > In article <1189711405.785301.59560@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.c om>, John
    > Bailo, Texeme.Construct says...
    >>
    >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1420
    >>
    >> "That's where we are in open source right now. Everybody wants to get
    >> into the act. "

    > ...on Windows boxes.

    Says puppet.

    Linux Users Base More Than doubled Over Last One Year: Survey

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The number of Linux users has more than doubled over the last one year, says
    | a new survey by DesktopLinux.com. The survey also said Ubuntu remains their
    | Linux distribution of choice.
    `----

    http://www.sda-india.com/sda_india/p...19940,p,0.html

    Survey: Desktop Linux use grows

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatc...es/013576.html

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://www.ecommercetimes.com/rsstory/57300.html

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | http://debian.org
    01:20:01 up 3 days, 23:26, 3 users, load average: 1.27, 0.87, 1.37