[News] KDE Goes Luring Mac and Windows Users - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] KDE Goes Luring Mac and Windows Users - Linux ; KDE goes cross-platform with Windows, Mac OS X support ,----[ Quote ] | The open-source KDE desktop environment is making the jump across platforms | with broad support for Windows and Mac OS X. The core KDE desktop programs, | ...

  1. [News] KDE Goes Luring Mac and Windows Users

    KDE goes cross-platform with Windows, Mac OS X support

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The open-source KDE desktop environment is making the jump across platforms
    | with broad support for Windows and Mac OS X. The core KDE desktop programs,
    | the KOffice suite, and the Amarok music player are actively being ported.
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...x-support.html

    Firefox, KDE, OpenOffice.org/NeoOffice... sooner or later, the platform makes
    little or not difference, so a stable, high-performance, DRM-free and cheaper
    one which is all about freedom and requires no AV software will become the
    norm.

    Related:

    Goodbye Vista, KDE 4.0 Has Arrived!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There are only few people who know that if you look out of your 'Windows',
    | the world is much more vivid and beautiful. Apple is known for its good
    | looks, but it’s excessively expensive, while Vista is a big disappointment
    | (check Tech Cold War 2007!). Now, there is GNU/Linux which, in fact, is free
    | and offers much more options and freedom than Windows or Mac. One of the most
    | popular desktop environments on GNU/Linux platform has come out in a new
    | flavour - KDE 4.0.
    `----

    http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/24071/news.htm

    KDE 4 Brings Improvements Galore to the Linux Desktop

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The next generation of KDE, the popular Linux desktop environment, has
    | arrived. KDE 4.0 features a completely re-written core with new multimedia
    | libraries, better hardware abstraction and
    | desktop eye candy that puts Windows Vista to shame.
    `---- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...brings-im.html

  2. Re: [News] KDE Goes Luring Mac and Windows Users

    On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:33:59 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Goodbye Vista, KDE 4.0 Has Arrived!
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| There are only few people who know that if you look out of your 'Windows',
    >| the world is much more vivid and beautiful.

    About 4 people in fact.
    Well, at least we now know why Linux's desktop market share is so small.

    Talk about a contradiction.

    First he says "Goodbye Vista, KDE 4.0 Has Arrived".
    Then he goes on to say that only a few people actually take the time to
    care.

    Oh well, KDE 4.0 will be yet another flop, and that's assuming they can
    squash the massive number of bugs it currently has.

+ Reply to Thread