Time Machine added feature? - Linux

This is a discussion on Time Machine added feature? - Linux ; http://www.appletell.com/apple/comme...ime-machine-fe atures/> ----- If you have super-eagle eyes, and were watching the new HD stream of the Macworld 2008 keynote, you might have noticed that Steve Jobs showed a screenshot of Time Machine with a new button in the lower ...

  1. Time Machine added feature?

    -----
    If you have super-eagle eyes, and were watching the new HD
    stream of the Macworld 2008 keynote, you might have noticed
    that Steve Jobs showed a screenshot of Time Machine with a
    new button in the lower left-hand corner entitled, ≥Only Show
    Changes≤. Apparently, this new button will allow you to see
    only the changes that were made over the days of your
    backups, most likely hiding the other redundant information.
    This could be an upcoming feature in Mac OS X 10.5.2
    -----

    Excellent... I have noted that it would be good to see what had changed...
    not sure I want it to just show the changed items... maybe highlight them
    somehow, but either way it is good to see Apple heading this way... or at
    least thinking of heading this way.

    --
    "If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
    - Anatole France

  2. Re: Time Machine added feature?

    "Snit" stated in post
    C3BCF497.A3D69%CSMA@gallopinginsanity.com on 1/23/08 1:41 PM:

    > <http://www.appletell.com/apple/comme...ime-machine-fe
    > atures/>
    > -----
    > If you have super-eagle eyes, and were watching the new HD
    > stream of the Macworld 2008 keynote, you might have noticed
    > that Steve Jobs showed a screenshot of Time Machine with a
    > new button in the lower left-hand corner entitled, ≥Only Show
    > Changes≤. Apparently, this new button will allow you to see
    > only the changes that were made over the days of your
    > backups, most likely hiding the other redundant information.
    > This could be an upcoming feature in Mac OS X 10.5.2
    > -----
    >
    > Excellent... I have noted that it would be good to see what had changed...
    > not sure I want it to just show the changed items... maybe highlight them
    > somehow, but either way it is good to see Apple heading this way... or at
    > least thinking of heading this way.

    Posted this to the wrong group... meant for CSMA. Sorry folks... I
    apologize for the great stress I know it causes some of you to have.

    --
    When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how
    to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not

  3. Re: Time Machine added feature?

    Appil Corporation's Fradulent Asstroturfer Snit wrote on behalf of Appil
    Corporation:

    Isn't it true that a PC running Ubuntu, Compiz and Beryl is superior
    to appil crap? And much cheaper too.

    See www.youtube.com and search for compiz and beryl and see
    superior technology in action.

    All free with GPL'd code.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  4. Re: Time Machine added feature?

    Appil Corporation's Fraudulent Asstroturfer Snit wrote on behalf of Appil
    Corporation:

    > Posted this to the wrong group... meant for CSMA. Sorry folks... I
    > apologize for the great stress I know it causes some of you to have.

    *idiot!*

    Asstroturfing on behalf of Appil Corporation is fradulent and not
    acceptable in *any* newsgroup!!

  5. Re: Time Machine added feature?

    "7" stated in post
    SpOlj.82156$c_1.45455@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk on 1/23/08 2:34 PM:

    > Appil Corporation's Fradulent Asstroturfer Snit wrote on behalf of Appil
    > Corporation:
    >

    > Isn't it true that a PC running Ubuntu, Compiz and Beryl is superior
    > to appil crap? And much cheaper too.
    >
    > See www.youtube.com and search for compiz and beryl and see
    > superior technology in action.
    >
    > All free with GPL'd code.
    >
    > http://www.livecdlist.com
    > http://www.distrowatch.com

    I have seen them... they have a lot of eye candy but I am not convinced they
    add much in the way of usability.

    In any case, if you did not see my own follow up to this post - sorry for
    posting this into COLA. It was an error.

    --
    I am one of only .3% of people who have avoided becoming a statistic.

  6. Re: Time Machine added feature?

    "7" stated in post
    ysOlj.82161$c_1.20079@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk on 1/23/08 2:37 PM:

    > Appil Corporation's Fraudulent Asstroturfer Snit wrote on behalf of Appil
    > Corporation:
    >

    >> Posted this to the wrong group... meant for CSMA. Sorry folks... I
    >> apologize for the great stress I know it causes some of you to have.

    > *idiot!*
    >
    > Asstroturfing on behalf of Appil Corporation is fradulent and not
    > acceptable in *any* newsgroup!!

    The horror!

    --
    Dear Aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all

  7. Re: Time Machine added feature?

    Appil Corporation's Fradulent Asstroturfer Snit wrote on behalf of Appil
    Corporation:

    > "7" stated in post
    > SpOlj.82156$c_1.45455@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk on 1/23/08 2:34 PM:
    >
    >> Appil Corporation's Fradulent Asstroturfer Snit wrote on behalf of Appil
    >> Corporation:
    >>

    >> Isn't it true that a PC running Ubuntu, Compiz and Beryl is superior
    >> to appil crap? And much cheaper too.
    >>
    >> See www.youtube.com and search for compiz and beryl and see
    >> superior technology in action.
    >>
    >> All free with GPL'd code.
    >>
    >> http://www.livecdlist.com
    >> http://www.distrowatch.com
    >>

    > I have seen them... they have a lot of eye candy but I am not convinced
    > they add much in the way of usability.

    Well I'm using it now and I can't do without it.
    Everyone who has seen it want it immediately.
    Only appil dumbos don't understand it.
    So what's new eh?

    > In any case, if you did not see my own follow up to this post - sorry for
    > posting this into COLA. It was an error.

    Liar!

  8. Re: Time Machine added feature?

    Snit wrote:

    > "7" stated in post
    > ysOlj.82161$c_1.20079@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk on 1/23/08 2:37 PM:
    >
    >> Appil Corporation's Fraudulent Asstroturfer Snit wrote on behalf of Appil
    >> Corporation:
    >>

    >>> Posted this to the wrong group... meant for CSMA. Sorry folks... I
    >>> apologize for the great stress I know it causes some of you to have.

    >> *idiot!*
    >>
    >> Asstroturfing on behalf of Appil Corporation is fradulent and not
    >> acceptable in *any* newsgroup!!
    >>

    > The horror!

    *idiot!*

  9. Re: Time Machine added feature?

    "7" stated in post
    FEPlj.82215$c_1.735@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk on 1/23/08 3:58 PM:

    > Appil Corporation's Fradulent Asstroturfer Snit wrote on behalf of Appil
    > Corporation:
    >
    >> "7" stated in post
    >> SpOlj.82156$c_1.45455@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk on 1/23/08 2:34 PM:
    >>
    >>> Appil Corporation's Fradulent Asstroturfer Snit wrote on behalf of Appil
    >>> Corporation:
    >>>

    >>> Isn't it true that a PC running Ubuntu, Compiz and Beryl is superior
    >>> to appil crap? And much cheaper too.
    >>>
    >>> See www.youtube.com and search for compiz and beryl and see
    >>> superior technology in action.
    >>>
    >>> All free with GPL'd code.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.livecdlist.com
    >>> http://www.distrowatch.com
    >>>

    >> I have seen them... they have a lot of eye candy but I am not convinced
    >> they add much in the way of usability.

    > Well I'm using it now and I can't do without it.
    > Everyone who has seen it want it immediately.
    > Only appil dumbos don't understand it.
    > So what's new eh?

    So describe the benefits. Really - I would love to hear.

    >> In any case, if you did not see my own follow up to this post - sorry for
    >> posting this into COLA. It was an error.

    > Liar!

    Sad how you assume people are liars - it says a lot about you.

    --
    BU__SH__

  10. Re: Time Machine added feature?

    "7" stated in post
    _EPlj.82216$c_1.10414@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk on 1/23/08 3:59 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "7" stated in post
    >> ysOlj.82161$c_1.20079@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk on 1/23/08 2:37 PM:
    >>
    >>> Appil Corporation's Fraudulent Asstroturfer Snit wrote on behalf of Appil
    >>> Corporation:

    >>> *idiot!*
    >>>
    >>> Asstroturfing on behalf of Appil Corporation is fradulent and not
    >>> acceptable in *any* newsgroup!!
    >>>

    >> The horror!

    > *idiot!*

    Please do not be so harsh against yourself.

    --
    What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic.