Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance - Linux

This is a discussion on Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance - Linux ; http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4662096&EDATE= Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., Sept. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Today, Oracle announced a new world record price/performance result with the TPC-C benchmark running Oracle(R) Database 11g on ...

  1. Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance

    http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4662096&EDATE=

    Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for
    Price/Performance

    REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., Sept. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Today,
    Oracle announced a new world record price/performance result with the TPC-C
    benchmark running Oracle(R) Database 11g on Windows(1). With this result,
    Oracle now holds the top two record benchmark positions in the coveted Top
    Ten TPC-C price/performance category(2). Optimized for small, medium and
    growing businesses (SMBs), the combination of Oracle Database 11g and
    Windows on an HP ProLiant server provides an ideal platform to meet these
    companies' individual business needs. This benchmark result further
    demonstrates Oracle's commitment to providing customers of all sizes
    unmatched price/performance and scalability.

  2. Re: Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance

    Sgt. Wannacker wrote:

    http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4662096&EDATE=

    > Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record
    > for Price/Performance
    >
    > REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., Sept. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Today,
    > Oracle announced a new world record price/performance result with the
    > TPC-C benchmark running Oracle(R) Database 11g on Windows(1). With this
    > result, Oracle now holds the top two record benchmark positions in the
    > coveted Top Ten TPC-C price/performance category(2). Optimized for small,
    > medium and growing businesses (SMBs), the combination of Oracle Database
    > 11g and Windows on an HP ProLiant server provides an ideal platform to
    > meet these companies' individual business needs. This benchmark result
    > further demonstrates Oracle's commitment to providing customers of all
    > sizes unmatched price/performance and scalability.

    That must mean that Windows and Oracle on HP is cheaper than Windows and
    Oracle on another server. It's the only way your claim makes sense.

    I'd dump MySQL in a moment and put Oracle in it's place, but the cost
    difference is far too great to even try to bring it up in the boardroom.

    The cost of a Windows server nerver comes into my calculations in serious
    terms, but I have put it on the list before just to test the water. The
    column that includes an MS server and user licences is always much higher
    than the columns for UNIX/Linux/Solaris. So I know that the claim above is
    false.

    As for performance, for a more than average number of simmultanious users
    then I have no doubt at all that Oracle would beat MySQL. I know because I
    have a lot of experience with Oracle, not uptodate experience it's a few
    years now since it was the primary database for me, but I know where it's
    greatest strengths are. It's communications capabilities are a major
    contributor to Oracle's success. If I was given the contract for a bank or
    ladbrooks, Oracle would probably be the only database manager on my list.

  3. Re: Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance

    "BearItAll" wrote in message
    > Sgt. Wannacker wrote:
    >

    > http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4662096&EDATE=
    >>
    >> Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record
    >> for Price/Performance
    >>
    >> REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., Sept. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Today,
    >> Oracle announced a new world record price/performance result with the
    >> TPC-C benchmark running Oracle(R) Database 11g on Windows(1). With this
    >> result, Oracle now holds the top two record benchmark positions in the
    >> coveted Top Ten TPC-C price/performance category(2). Optimized for small,
    >> medium and growing businesses (SMBs), the combination of Oracle Database
    >> 11g and Windows on an HP ProLiant server provides an ideal platform to
    >> meet these companies' individual business needs. This benchmark result
    >> further demonstrates Oracle's commitment to providing customers of all
    >> sizes unmatched price/performance and scalability.
    >>

    > That must mean that Windows and Oracle on HP is cheaper than Windows and
    > Oracle on another server. It's the only way your claim makes sense.
    >
    > I'd dump MySQL in a moment and put Oracle in it's place, but the cost
    > difference is far too great to even try to bring it up in the boardroom.
    >
    > The cost of a Windows server nerver comes into my calculations in serious
    > terms, but I have put it on the list before just to test the water. The
    > column that includes an MS server and user licences is always much higher
    > than the columns for UNIX/Linux/Solaris. So I know that the claim above is
    > false.
    >
    > As for performance, for a more than average number of simmultanious users
    > then I have no doubt at all that Oracle would beat MySQL. I know because I
    > have a lot of experience with Oracle, not uptodate experience it's a few
    > years now since it was the primary database for me, but I know where it's
    > greatest strengths are. It's communications capabilities are a major
    > contributor to Oracle's success. If I was given the contract for a bank or
    > ladbrooks, Oracle would probably be the only database manager on my list.

    Oracle - The good news is that there are plenty of "knobs" to tune every
    conceivable parameter of the database.
    The bad news is that you have to use them all.

  4. Re: Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance

    "Sgt. Wannacker" schreef in bericht
    news:46e943c0$0$16400$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .

    > http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4662096&EDATE=
    >
    > Oracle(R) Database

    **** off, you dense wintroll!
    *plonk*

  5. Re: Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance

    "chrisv" wrote in message
    news:20070913171336.4AA26700008D@mwinf6106.orange. nl...
    > "Sgt. Wannacker" schreef in bericht
    > news:46e943c0$0$16400$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
    >>
    >> http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4662096&EDATE=
    >>
    >> Oracle(R) Database

    > **** off, you dense wintroll!
    > *plonk*

    What a brilliant come back. You really addressed the facts and out did
    yourself this time.

  6. Re: Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance

    some idiot forging chrisv wrote:

    >"Sgt. Wannacker" schreef in bericht
    >news:46e943c0$0$16400$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
    >>
    >> http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4662096&EDATE=
    >>
    >> Oracle(R) Database

    >**** off, you dense wintroll!
    >*plonk*

    Ignore the forger.

  7. Re: Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance

    SgtMajor Gansevoort wrote:

    >What a

    *plonk*

  8. Re: Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance

    chrisv wrote:

    > some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >
    >>"Sgt. Wannacker" schreef in bericht
    >>news:46e943c0$0$16400$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .

    http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4662096&EDATE=

    >>> Oracle(R) Database

    >>**** off, you dense wintroll!
    >>*plonk*

    > Ignore the forger.

    Chris, you need to do something about this because the forger is giving You
    a bad reputation. Particularly if others like myself only have 'Simple
    headers' displayed, because then you and he look like the same poster.

    I know it seems like giving in to him, but would a slight name change cause
    much of a problem for you?

  9. Re: Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance

    BearItAll writes:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Sgt. Wannacker" schreef in bericht
    >>>news:46e943c0$0$16400$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
    >>>>

    > http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4662096&EDATE=

    >>>**** off, you dense wintroll!
    >>>*plonk*

    >> Ignore the forger.

    > Chris, you need to do something about this because the forger is giving You
    > a bad reputation. Particularly if others like myself only have 'Simple
    > headers' displayed, because then you and he look like the same poster.

    You are joking? Al chrisv ever does is swear profanities and type
    "*plonk*. Only a little behind Willy Boaster in the boring stakes.

    And how can you forge a false identity? Do get a grip.

    > I know it seems like giving in to him, but would a slight name change cause
    > much of a problem for you?

    Yes, because the forger would never think to change his too.

    --
    Error 152. Windows95 no encontrado. ¿(A)legrarse, (B)ailar, (F)iesta?

  10. Re: Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance

    BearItAll wrote:

    >chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >> Ignore the forger.

    >Chris, you need to do something about this because the forger is giving You
    >a bad reputation. Particularly if others like myself only have 'Simple
    >headers' displayed, because then you and he look like the same poster.

    I don't see how. If the post looks like it was made by an idiot, it's
    a forgery. 8) Personally, while I'd prefer the forgeries cease, I
    think they are mostly harmless and sometimes humorous.

    >I know it seems like giving in to him, but would a slight name change cause
    >much of a problem for you?

    How would that help? Forgers can change names too...

  11. Re: Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance

    "BearItAll" wrote in message
    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Sgt. Wannacker" schreef in bericht
    >>>news:46e943c0$0$16400$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
    >>>>

    > http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4662096&EDATE=

    >>>**** off, you dense wintroll!
    >>>*plonk*

    >> Ignore the forger.

    > Chris, you need to do something about this because the forger is giving
    > You
    > a bad reputation. Particularly if others like myself only have 'Simple
    > headers' displayed, because then you and he look like the same poster.
    >

    > I know it seems like giving in to him, but would a slight name change
    > cause
    > much of a problem for you?

    Just because you are so stupid that you wouldn't figure out how to change
    you name doesn't mean everyone else is.

    Hint for you. The real chrisv could change his name to
    "asdfljasdpoiulasd;fljwperasdfljkasf" and the forger is just one copy and
    paste away from duplicating it.

    Sit down and think about it for a few hours. I'm sure that eventually even
    you will figure it out.

  12. Re: Oracle(R) Database 11g Running on HP with Windows Sets New World Record for Price/Performance

    "SgtMajor Gansevoort" schreef in bericht
    news:46ea90ff$0$16362$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .

    > "BearItAll" wrote in message
    >> chrisv wrote:

    >> http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4662096&EDATE=

    >>> Ignore the forger.

    >> Chris, you need to do something about this because the forger is giving
    >> You
    >> a bad reputation. Particularly if others like myself only have 'Simple
    >> headers' displayed, because then you and he look like the same poster.
    >>

    >> I know it seems like giving in to him, but would a slight name change
    >> cause
    >> much of a problem for you?

    > Just because you are so stupid that you wouldn't figure out how to change
    > you name doesn't mean everyone else is.
    >
    > Hint for you. The real chrisv could change his name to
    > "asdfljasdpoiulasd;fljwperasdfljkasf" and the forger is just one copy and
    > paste away from duplicating it.
    >
    > Sit down and think about it for a few hours. I'm sure that eventually even
    > you will figure it out.

    *PLONKERDIPLONK*

+ Reply to Thread