Re: [News] [Rival] Two Microsoft Puppets (IDC and BSA) Unleash Propaganda - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Two Microsoft Puppets (IDC and BSA) Unleash Propaganda - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Software pirates put sizeable dent in UK economy > > ,----[ Quote ] > | The Business Software Alliance (BSA) claimed today in its annual "Global > | Software Piracy Study" ? which was carried out ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Two Microsoft Puppets (IDC and BSA) Unleash Propaganda

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Software pirates put sizeable dent in UK economy
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The Business Software Alliance (BSA) claimed today in its annual "Global
    > | Software Piracy Study" ? which was carried out by analyst firm IDC ?
    > | that a reduction in counterfeit software by ten per cent over four years
    > | could add an extra 4.46bn to Blighty's economy.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200...ftware_piracy/
    >
    > Both are funded by Bill Gates and/or Microsoft (evidence below). Just more
    > lies and imaginary figures to pass new laws.

    BSA$ is a dishonest conspiracy. They can and should be promoting
    GNU/Linux and free software as a means to combating software theft
    in schools and colleges. They should not be allowed to enter
    schools and colleges until the reverse their policies on spreading
    the word of free software like http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com http://www.fsf.org

    They should also not represent any member (like Micoshaft Corporation
    for example) who hasn't spend $0.20 on a $699 product to protect it
    because it is they (the Micoshaft's of this world) that are promoting
    piracy and the BSA$ conspiracy is extending the pirate network
    through conspiring with unprotected software.

    Schools and governers need to see the dishonesty of the BSA$ conspiracy
    for what it is, and parents should be writing to schools to complain
    about the BSA$ if they show up without free software as a rememdy
    for software piracy in their portfolio.

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Two Microsoft Puppets (IDC and BSA) Unleash Propaganda

    ____/ 7 on Wednesday 23 January 2008 20:05 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Software pirates put sizeable dent in UK economy
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | The Business Software Alliance (BSA) claimed today in its annual "Global
    >> | Software Piracy Study" ? which was carried out by analyst firm IDC ?
    >> | that a reduction in counterfeit software by ten per cent over four years
    >> | could add an extra £4.46bn to Blighty's economy.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200...ftware_piracy/
    >>
    >> Both are funded by Bill Gates and/or Microsoft (evidence below). Just more
    >> lies and imaginary figures to pass new laws.

    > BSA$ is a dishonest conspiracy. They can and should be promoting
    > GNU/Linux and free software as a means to combating software theft
    > in schools and colleges. They should not be allowed to enter
    > schools and colleges until the reverse their policies on spreading
    > the word of free software like http://www.livecdlist.com
    > http://www.distrowatch.com http://www.fsf.org

    Don't give the BSA these addresses. They would DDOS these sites to protect
    their 'precious' careers of defending dying business models.

    Case of point:

    What about selling free software

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Gervase Markham, the Mozilla Foundation's licensing officer, in an
    | article in the Times Online, talks about being questioned by a
    | northern UK Trading License Officer about giving away software.
    |
    | The trading officer was concerned by a group that was burning the
    | free Mozilla Browser on CDs and selling it.
    `----

    http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/..._free_software

    Legality of Fedora in production environment

    ,----[ Quote ]

    `----

    http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedor.../msg00697.html

    > They should also not represent any member (like Micoshaft Corporation
    > for example) who hasn't spend $0.20 on a $699 product to protect it
    > because it is they (the Micoshaft's of this world) that are promoting
    > piracy and the BSA$ conspiracy is extending the pirate network
    > through conspiring with unprotected software.
    >
    > Schools and governers need to see the dishonesty of the BSA$ conspiracy
    > for what it is, and parents should be writing to schools to complain
    > about the BSA$ if they show up without free software as a rememdy
    > for software piracy in their portfolio.

    Open source (not just Free software) is already making the BSA more and more
    redundant by the day. They ought to just look ahead and consider a career
    change rather than resorting to such propaganda and attacks on Free software
    (see OP... those shills are working alongside Microsoft to intercept open
    source bills around the world).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "My signature is never intended to be offensive"
    Tasks: 140 total, 1 running, 139 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Two Microsoft Puppets (IDC and BSA) Unleash Propaganda

    On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 01:46:44 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> BSA$ is a dishonest conspiracy. They can and should be promoting
    >> GNU/Linux and free software as a means to combating software theft
    >> in schools and colleges. They should not be allowed to enter
    >> schools and colleges until the reverse their policies on spreading
    >> the word of free software like http://www.livecdlist.com
    >> http://www.distrowatch.com http://www.fsf.org

    > Don't give the BSA these addresses. They would DDOS these sites to protect
    > their 'precious' careers of defending dying business models.

    Thanks for the idea!
    BTW I've also emailed them, as well as Novell, Linspire and Microsoft the
    addresses of your various boycott sites as well as a digest (thanks Mark
    Kent!) of some of your more outrageous claims against them.

    It's all public information Roy, you've put it there yourself.

    Time to sit back, enjoy some pretzels and beer and watch the fun begin.

+ Reply to Thread