Linux Apache Attacks - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux Apache Attacks - Linux ; See: http://groups.google.co.nz/group/com...s?hl=en&lnk=lr "Attack Against Linux Apache Servers Intensifying" especially: "Jackson says he is aware there is "proof-of-concept code" for a similar attack based on automated stolen-password and malware installation for Microsoft's Internet Information Server, but he hasn't seen it come ...

  1. Linux Apache Attacks

    See:
    http://groups.google.co.nz/group/com...s?hl=en&lnk=lr

    "Attack Against Linux Apache Servers Intensifying"

    especially:
    "Jackson says he is aware there is "proof-of-concept code" for a
    similar attack based on automated stolen-password and malware
    installation for Microsoft's Internet Information Server, but he
    hasn't seen it come into broad use the way the automated Linux Apache
    server attack is spreading."

    This has my fud-o-meter jumping around, but I cannot quite understand
    things. i particularly want to respond to what appears to be a piece
    of FUD dropped into nz.comp group on this.

    Perhaps there are some Linux Apache systems out there that are not
    properly updated.

  2. Re: Linux Apache Attacks

    peterwn wrote:

    > See:
    > http://groups.google.co.nz/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy

    topics?hl=en&lnk=lr

    > "Attack Against Linux Apache Servers Intensifying"
    >
    > especially:
    > "Jackson says he is aware there is "proof-of-concept code" for a
    > similar attack based on automated stolen-password and malware
    > installation for Microsoft's Internet Information Server, but he
    > hasn't seen it come into broad use the way the automated Linux Apache
    > server attack is spreading."
    >
    > This has my fud-o-meter jumping around, but I cannot quite understand
    > things. i particularly want to respond to what appears to be a piece
    > of FUD dropped into nz.comp group on this.
    >
    > Perhaps there are some Linux Apache systems out there that are not
    > properly updated.

    The moral of the story - don't use windummy PCs to administer
    Linux machines. Once your toy windummy machine is compromised
    all information held on that machine including passwords
    to banks, services, and ftp / admin access to your hosting
    companies are now being stolen to order and your web sites are now 0wned.

  3. Re: Linux Apache Attacks

    7 wrote:
    > peterwn wrote:
    >
    >> See:
    >> http://groups.google.co.nz/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy

    > topics?hl=en&lnk=lr
    >> "Attack Against Linux Apache Servers Intensifying"
    >>
    >> especially:
    >> "Jackson says he is aware there is "proof-of-concept code" for a
    >> similar attack based on automated stolen-password and malware
    >> installation for Microsoft's Internet Information Server, but he
    >> hasn't seen it come into broad use the way the automated Linux Apache
    >> server attack is spreading."
    >>
    >> This has my fud-o-meter jumping around, but I cannot quite understand
    >> things. i particularly want to respond to what appears to be a piece
    >> of FUD dropped into nz.comp group on this.
    >>
    >> Perhaps there are some Linux Apache systems out there that are not
    >> properly updated.

    > The moral of the story - don't use windummy PCs to administer
    > Linux machines. Once your toy windummy machine is compromised
    > all information held on that machine including passwords
    > to banks, services, and ftp / admin access to your hosting
    > companies are now being stolen to order and your web sites are now 0wned.

    If a Web site gets owned, it's due to the Web site not being properly
    secured in the first place dear, and it somehow goes over your head,
    because you are a dumbass home user, 7.

  4. Re: Linux Apache Attacks

    Micoshaft Corporation's Fraudulent Asstroturfer Cross Posting HO wrote on
    behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> peterwn wrote:
    >>
    >>> See:
    >>> http://groups.google.co.nz/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy

    >> topics?hl=en&lnk=lr
    >>> "Attack Against Linux Apache Servers Intensifying"
    >>>
    >>> especially:
    >>> "Jackson says he is aware there is "proof-of-concept code" for a
    >>> similar attack based on automated stolen-password and malware
    >>> installation for Microsoft's Internet Information Server, but he
    >>> hasn't seen it come into broad use the way the automated Linux Apache
    >>> server attack is spreading."
    >>>
    >>> This has my fud-o-meter jumping around, but I cannot quite understand
    >>> things. i particularly want to respond to what appears to be a piece
    >>> of FUD dropped into nz.comp group on this.
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps there are some Linux Apache systems out there that are not
    >>> properly updated.

    >> The moral of the story - don't use windummy PCs to administer
    >> Linux machines. Once your toy windummy machine is compromised
    >> all information held on that machine including passwords
    >> to banks, services, and ftp / admin access to your hosting
    >> companies are now being stolen to order and your web sites are now 0wned.

    > If a Web site gets owned, it's due to the Web site not being properly
    > secured in the first place dear, and it somehow goes over your head,
    > because you are a dumbass home user, 7.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

    You total dumb fsck!!
    Windopws toys OS has gone to your head.

    The windopws viri writers have found the only weakness
    in the link of extremely powerful Apache security.
    Attack the windopws toy OS and their idiots and steal
    their passwords and just walk in.

    Neat and simple trick!!

    It means not a single government or military admin
    is safe from being attacked if they use windopws
    PCs to administer any secured systems.

    The methodology has gone out into the wild and has
    produced instant results.

    Windummies are sitting ducks and they are gonna get fscked
    if they are using toy windopws OS to administer
    ANY secured system ANYWHERE in the chain.

  5. Re: Linux Apache Attacks

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft Corporation's Fraudulent Asstroturfer Cross Posting HO wrote on
    > behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:

    >>> topics?hl=en&lnk=lr

    >>> The moral of the story - don't use windummy PCs to administer
    >>> Linux machines. Once your toy windummy machine is compromised
    >>> all information held on that machine including passwords
    >>> to banks, services, and ftp / admin access to your hosting
    >>> companies are now being stolen to order and your web sites are now 0wned.

    >> If a Web site gets owned, it's due to the Web site not being properly
    >> secured in the first place dear, and it somehow goes over your head,
    >> because you are a dumbass home user, 7.

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
    >
    > You total dumb fsck!!
    > Windopws toys OS has gone to your head.
    >
    > The windopws viri writers have found the only weakness
    > in the link of extremely powerful Apache security.
    > Attack the windopws toy OS and their idiots and steal
    > their passwords and just walk in.
    >
    > Neat and simple trick!!
    >
    > It means not a single government or military admin
    > is safe from being attacked if they use windopws
    > PCs to administer any secured systems.
    >
    > The methodology has gone out into the wild and has
    > produced instant results.
    >
    > Windummies are sitting ducks and they are gonna get fscked
    > if they are using toy windopws OS to administer
    > ANY secured system ANYWHERE in the chain.

    Is that the best you can do is BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA?

    All you need to do is show some kind of documented proof that if a Web
    server is not secured properly, that's not the number one reason that
    it's compromised.

    You show some kind of documented proof that if that the application
    running on any Web server is not secure, that it can't lead to the Web
    server being compromised.

    Dear, it doesn't matter what O/S is being used, as Web server platform.
    If those that are setting up the Web server and administering it don't
    know how to secure the Web server, then it doesn't matter what O/S is
    being used.

    What? Do you thing that a Web server just sets itself up and away you
    go? It takes Human Beings dear with some kind of expertise to do it
    properly, and those Hum am Beings may not have the expertise to do it
    properly. It doesn't matter what O/S is being used, as the Web server
    platform. And one doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.

    Gee, are you so messed-up in the head that logic is totally beyond you?

  6. Re: Linux Apache Attacks

    Cross Posting HO wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >> Micoshaft Corporation's Fraudulent Asstroturfer Cross Posting HO wrote on
    >> behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    >>> If a Web site gets owned, it's due to the Web site not being properly
    >>> secured in the first place dear, and it somehow goes over your head,
    >>> because you are a dumbass home user, 7.

    >> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
    >>
    >> You total dumb fsck!!
    >> Windopws toys OS has gone to your head.
    >>
    >> The windopws viri writers have found the only weakness
    >> in the link of extremely powerful Apache security.
    >> Attack the windopws toy OS and their idiots and steal
    >> their passwords and just walk in.
    >>
    >> Neat and simple trick!!
    >>
    >> It means not a single government or military admin
    >> is safe from being attacked if they use windopws
    >> PCs to administer any secured systems.
    >>
    >> The methodology has gone out into the wild and has
    >> produced instant results.
    >>
    >> Windummies are sitting ducks and they are gonna get fscked
    >> if they are using toy windopws OS to administer
    >> ANY secured system ANYWHERE in the chain.
    >>

    > Is that the best you can do is BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA?
    >
    > All you need to do is show some kind of documented proof that if a Web
    > server is not secured properly, that's not the number one reason that
    > it's compromised.

    You can't read? - they repaired everything thinking its apache servers
    but the hackers marched straight back in.

    All the while someone has been hoarding passwords for accounts
    administered from compromised TOY windummy PCs and anything
    else that were used to administer from those TOY windummy PCs.

    The windummies did not know what hit them!!!

    They blamed here and they blamed there but all
    the while, the hoard of compromised passwords have not been
    changed!!!

    What a fscking nightmare!

    > You show some kind of documented proof that if that the application
    > running on any Web server is not secure, that it can't lead to the Web
    > server being compromised.
    >
    > Dear, it doesn't matter what O/S is being used, as Web server platform.
    > If those that are setting up the Web server and administering it don't
    > know how to secure the Web server, then it doesn't matter what O/S is
    > being used.
    >
    > What? Do you thing that a Web server just sets itself up and away you
    > go? It takes Human Beings dear with some kind of expertise to do it
    > properly, and those Hum am Beings may not have the expertise to do it
    > properly. It doesn't matter what O/S is being used, as the Web server
    > platform. And one doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.
    >
    > Gee, are you so messed-up in the head that logic is totally beyond you?

    Gee look over there ----> PIGs Flying!!

    BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

  7. Re: Linux Apache Attacks

    On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 02:09:49 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Cross Posting HO wrote:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>> Micoshaft Corporation's Fraudulent Asstroturfer Cross Posting HO wrote on
    >>> behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    >>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
    >>>
    >>> You total dumb fsck!!
    >>> Windopws toys OS has gone to your head.
    >>>
    >>> The windopws viri writers have found the only weakness
    >>> in the link of extremely powerful Apache security.
    >>> Attack the windopws toy OS and their idiots and steal
    >>> their passwords and just walk in.
    >>>
    >>> Neat and simple trick!!
    >>>
    >>> It means not a single government or military admin
    >>> is safe from being attacked if they use windopws
    >>> PCs to administer any secured systems.
    >>>
    >>> The methodology has gone out into the wild and has
    >>> produced instant results.
    >>>
    >>> Windummies are sitting ducks and they are gonna get fscked
    >>> if they are using toy windopws OS to administer
    >>> ANY secured system ANYWHERE in the chain.
    >>>

    >> Is that the best you can do is BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA?
    >>
    >> All you need to do is show some kind of documented proof that if a Web
    >> server is not secured properly, that's not the number one reason that
    >> it's compromised.

    > You can't read?

    We can read, 7.
    We just can't read most of what YOU write 7, because it is unintelligible.

  8. Re: Linux Apache Attacks

    7 wrote:
    > Cross Posting HO wrote:
    >
    >> 7 wrote:
    >>> Micoshaft Corporation's Fraudulent Asstroturfer Cross Posting HO wrote on
    >>> behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    >>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!
    >>>
    >>> You total dumb fsck!!
    >>> Windopws toys OS has gone to your head.
    >>>
    >>> The windopws viri writers have found the only weakness
    >>> in the link of extremely powerful Apache security.
    >>> Attack the windopws toy OS and their idiots and steal
    >>> their passwords and just walk in.
    >>>
    >>> Neat and simple trick!!
    >>>
    >>> It means not a single government or military admin
    >>> is safe from being attacked if they use windopws
    >>> PCs to administer any secured systems.
    >>>
    >>> The methodology has gone out into the wild and has
    >>> produced instant results.
    >>>
    >>> Windummies are sitting ducks and they are gonna get fscked
    >>> if they are using toy windopws OS to administer
    >>> ANY secured system ANYWHERE in the chain.
    >>>

    >> Is that the best you can do is BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA?
    >>
    >> All you need to do is show some kind of documented proof that if a Web
    >> server is not secured properly, that's not the number one reason that
    >> it's compromised.

    > You can't read? - they repaired everything thinking its apache servers
    > but the hackers marched straight back in.
    >
    > All the while someone has been hoarding passwords for accounts
    > administered from compromised TOY windummy PCs and anything
    > else that were used to administer from those TOY windummy PCs.
    >
    > The windummies did not know what hit them!!!
    >
    > They blamed here and they blamed there but all
    > the while, the hoard of compromised passwords have not been
    > changed!!!
    >
    > What a fscking nightmare!
    >

    >> You show some kind of documented proof that if that the application
    >> running on any Web server is not secure, that it can't lead to the Web
    >> server being compromised.
    >>
    >> Dear, it doesn't matter what O/S is being used, as Web server platform.
    >> If those that are setting up the Web server and administering it don't
    >> know how to secure the Web server, then it doesn't matter what O/S is
    >> being used.
    >>
    >> What? Do you thing that a Web server just sets itself up and away you
    >> go? It takes Human Beings dear with some kind of expertise to do it
    >> properly, and those Hum am Beings may not have the expertise to do it
    >> properly. It doesn't matter what O/S is being used, as the Web server
    >> platform. And one doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out.
    >>
    >> Gee, are you so messed-up in the head that logic is totally beyond you?

    > Gee look over there ----> PIGs Flying!!
    >
    > BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

    Perfect, it's just what I want to see, dear, a weak post from you and
    not a word out your mouth trying to be technical with a bunch of
    nonsense MS or otherwise slobber and drool out of you.

    You're such a super freak and not a perfect woman you make out to
    believe, dear. You have no business doing anything any computer period,
    nothing to do with a computer. It makes you crazy. Are you sniffing the
    plastic?

  9. Re: Linux Apache Attacks

    On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:52:21 -0500, Cross Posting HO wrote:

    > You're such a super freak and not a perfect woman you make out to
    > believe, dear. You have no business doing anything any computer period,
    > nothing to do with a computer. It makes you crazy. Are you sniffing the
    > plastic?

    In 7's case it's probably the glue that he is sniffing.

+ Reply to Thread