Re: SUNW capitulates to inevitable: MSFT Windows (of course they do!) - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: SUNW capitulates to inevitable: MSFT Windows (of course they do!) - Linux ; Hey 99, in one of his most brilliant moves to date Sun's ponytail-CEO Jonathan recently changed Sun's ticker to JAVA. http://blogs.sun.com/jonathan/entry/java_is_everywhere (The Rise of JAVA - The Retirement of SUNW) So your headline should read "JAVA capitulates to inevitable". :-) ...

  1. Re: SUNW capitulates to inevitable: MSFT Windows (of course they do!)

    Hey 99, in one of his most brilliant moves to date Sun's ponytail-CEO
    Jonathan recently changed Sun's ticker to JAVA.

    http://blogs.sun.com/jonathan/entry/java_is_everywhere
    (The Rise of JAVA - The Retirement of SUNW)

    So your headline should read "JAVA capitulates to inevitable". :-)

    regards,
    alexander.

    --
    "The revolution might take significantly longer than anticipated."

    -- The GNU Monk Harald Welte

  2. Re: SUNW capitulates to inevitable: MSFT Windows (of course they do!)

    ROFL! Kudos to Lyons. (Visit the link, don't miss the picture of Brown.)

    http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/2007/0...hievement.html

    ------
    FSF revoking MLP's Lifetime Achievement Award

    Much love to Dear Reader Derek for sending us this statement that Peter
    Brown of the Free Software Foundation sent out to freetard mailing lists
    this morning:

    "Obviously the community of freedom is deeply saddened and disappointed
    by Sun's decision to join Microsoft and sell un-free Windows software.
    In the recent past Sun has worked closely with the Free Software
    Foundation and the free community to help develop the specifications for
    the GPLv3. We've been hopeful that Sun would endorse the GPLv3 and adopt
    it for Sun products including Java and Solaris. Clearly now Sun has
    decided to move in a different direction and has declared itself to be
    an enemy of freedom. We think this is a wrong decision and one that will
    prove disastrous for Sun. To show our displeasure the Free Software
    Foundation has revoked the Lifetime Achievement Award which we had
    intended to present to Sun CEO Jonathan Schwartz during our Software
    Freedom Day festivities in Boston on 15 September 2007.

    "We urge all friends of software freedom to boycott Sun products
    including all applications that use the Java programming language. We
    furthermore urge members and friends to encourage their employers to
    remove all Sun equipment from their data centers and to replace that
    equipment with products that do not restrict freedom. Additionally, the
    Software Freedom Law Center has begun an investigation into certain
    allegations of malfeasance by Sun. If these are found to be true, SFLC
    and FSF will pursue remedies to these violations up to and including
    legal action to bring Sun into compliance. More information is available
    on our Web site, www.fsf.org. Thank you."
    ------

    regards,
    alexander.

    --
    "The revolution might take significantly longer than anticipated."

    -- The GNU Monk Harald Welte

+ Reply to Thread