[News] New Linux and Free Software Events - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] New Linux and Free Software Events - Linux ; First technology seminar is held ,----[ Quote ] | The first of what organizers hope will be a long series of free technology | seminars was held Saturday at Coffee Fusion and Tea Company. | | Despite the cold temperature, ...

  1. [News] New Linux and Free Software Events

    First technology seminar is held

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The first of what organizers hope will be a long series of free technology
    | seminars was held Saturday at Coffee Fusion and Tea Company.
    |
    | Despite the cold temperature, some 40 area residents headed to the business
    | along West Fifth Street for a presentation on the merits of free, open source
    | software.
    `----

    http://www.reviewonline.com/News/art...rticleID=12035

    More Linux events on their way:

    Put the Linux.conf.au Open Day on your calendar

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Previous Open Days have showcased some pretty impressive homebrew tech
    | experiments and gadgets. Last year Australia got it's first hands on look at
    | the OLPC computer at Open Day, and I heard that Linus Torvalds was spotted
    | puttering around on an open source Segway - I don't think you can get any
    | more nerdy if you tried.
    `----

    http://www.lifehacker.com.au/tips/20...pen_day_o.html

    2008 Associate Members Meeting

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Come join the Free Software Foundation leadership and staff for a day of
    | presentations and conversations!
    `----

    http://www.archivum.info/info-fsf@gn.../msg00000.html

    There are many more on the way, including SCALE and a variety of Linux/FS
    events worldwide.

  2. Re: [News] New Linux and Free Software Events

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:21:40 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > First technology seminar is held

    And probably the last.

    > There are many more on the way, including SCALE and a variety of Linux/FS
    > events worldwide.

    That one I might be interested in.

  3. Re: [News] New Linux and Free Software Events

    Micoshaft Corporation's Fraudsters and Asstroturfer Moshe Goldfarb wrote on
    behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    > On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:21:40 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> First technology seminar is held

    > And probably the last.

    The last time anyone attending that will ever want to use windopws.
    Micoshaft asstroturfers are so afraid of this possibility.

    >> There are many more on the way, including SCALE and a variety of Linux/FS
    >> events worldwide.

    > That one I might be interested in.

    Sure, just erase windopws from your PCs and install Linux.
    All free with source code.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com
    http://www.linuxdevices.com