[News] Live CDs End GNU/Linux FUD - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Live CDs End GNU/Linux FUD - Linux ; Top 10 Linux FUD Patterns, Part 2 ,----[ Quote ] | Nothing, however, beats seeing it in action! Remember what I said about first | impressions? Live CDs are very useful weapons against FUD. They allow | potential users to ...

  1. [News] Live CDs End GNU/Linux FUD

    Top 10 Linux FUD Patterns, Part 2

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Nothing, however, beats seeing it in action! Remember what I said about first
    | impressions? Live CDs are very useful weapons against FUD. They allow
    | potential users to test drive the OS, to try before “buying”. This helps
    | prove to some that Linux has come a long way in terms of automatic hardware
    | detection and other features that make it user friendly. It’s also much
    | easier than going to the extent of configuring a dual-boot system. The
    | downside is, they can be a bit slow under certain conditions. If a friend has
    | a Linux system already installed, it may be better to try that out instead.
    `----

    http://linuxfud.wordpress.com/2008/0...tterns-part-2/

    Stereotypes?

    http://www.lynux.com/

    Related:

    Secure web browsing through Live Linux distros

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Banking isn't the be-all and end-all: there's many other reasons you'd
    | want a secure system, separate from what's on the hard disk, besides
    | Internet banking. Traveller's can't necessarily trust the integrity of
    | a computer in an Internet cafe.
    `----

  2. Re: [News] Live CDs End GNU/Linux FUD

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:19:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    A live CD is the last thing a Linux advocate would want to put in the hands
    of a potential Linux convert.
    Why?

    Linux, if you hate it now, wait until you actually try it.
    Linux is the operating system that definitely leaves the audience wanting
    less.
    Less of Linux that is.

    Better to have the user install Linux and then find out all his Windows
    data is destroyed and that it's dang near impossible to remove Linux and
    get back to Windows again there by trapping him into sticking with Linux.

  3. Re: [News] Live CDs End GNU/Linux FUD

    Micoshaft Corporation's fraudulent Asstroturfer Moshe Goldfarb wrote on
    behalf of micoshaft corporation:

    > On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:19:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    A live CD is the first thing a Linux advocate would want to put in the
    hands of a potential Linux convert.

    Why?

    Linux, if you never seen it by now, wait until you actually try it.
    Linux is the operating system that definitely leaves the audience wanting
    more. Less of windummy os and more of Linux that is.

    Better to have the user install Linux and then find out all his Windows
    data is still useable in Open Office and the like
    and that it's dang near impossible to do with windopws.
    Get Linux and throw out Windows again instead of being stuck there by
    viri, spy and malware crap trapping him into sticking with windopws
    instead of moving on to Linux.

  4. Re: [News] Live CDs End GNU/Linux FUD

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:19:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    > A live CD is the last thing a Linux advocate would want to put in the
    > hands of a potential Linux convert.
    > Why?
    >
    > Linux, if you hate it now, wait until you actually try it.
    > Linux is the operating system that definitely leaves the audience wanting
    > less.
    > Less of Linux that is.
    >
    > Better to have the user install Linux and then find out all his Windows
    > data is destroyed and that it's dang near impossible to remove Linux and
    > get back to Windows again there by trapping him into sticking with Linux.

    Actually, you're a 180 degrees wrong. The fact that a Live Linux CD can,
    essentially, install itself (with drivers and competitive applications)
    within minutes, is an eye popper in the Windows world. What a Live Linux CD
    does is cleanly slice through the M$ FUD. You no longer have to tell people
    how well Linux works, you can *show* them how well it works -- without risk
    to their Windows installation or having to repartion their hard drive. It's
    a huge sale's tool.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  5. Re: [News] Live CDs End GNU/Linux FUD

    On 2008-01-20, RonB wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:19:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >> A live CD is the last thing a Linux advocate would want to put in the
    >> hands of a potential Linux convert.
    >> Why?
    >>
    >> Linux, if you hate it now, wait until you actually try it.
    >> Linux is the operating system that definitely leaves the audience wanting
    >> less.
    >> Less of Linux that is.
    >>
    >> Better to have the user install Linux and then find out all his Windows
    >> data is destroyed and that it's dang near impossible to remove Linux and
    >> get back to Windows again there by trapping him into sticking with Linux.

    It is also a RISK FREE trial.

    The end user doesn't have to great lengths to figure out how
    to install Linux on their system without disturbing their
    windows installation and all of their windows files. They
    don't have to worry about installing anything.

    It's a very low effort way to determine just how much of
    their current hardware is supported.

    Linux may or may not be right for them. We fear nothing from a
    user learning this for themselves. We aren't here to force anyone
    into anything (unlike Microsoft Lemmings).

    > Actually, you're a 180 degrees wrong. The fact that a Live Linux CD can,
    > essentially, install itself (with drivers and competitive applications)
    > within minutes, is an eye popper in the Windows world. What a Live Linux CD
    > does is cleanly slice through the M$ FUD. You no longer have to tell people
    > how well Linux works, you can *show* them how well it works -- without risk
    > to their Windows installation or having to repartion their hard drive. It's
    > a huge sale's tool.

    Be free to choose.

    --
    Apple: because TRANS.TBL is an mp3 file. It really is! |||
    / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

+ Reply to Thread