Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Bullies Startups, Breaks the Law Again - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Bullies Startups, Breaks the Law Again - Linux ; * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo: > The hard side of Mister Softie > > ,----[ Quote ] >| Ah, Microsoft. Nothing gets the knickers of Silicon Valley startup guys more >| twisted than signs that the world?s ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Bullies Startups, Breaks the Law Again

    > The hard side of Mister Softie
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Ah, Microsoft. Nothing gets the knickers of Silicon Valley startup guys more
    >| twisted than signs that the world?s largest software company is over-reaching
    >| again. The latest outrage? Some of my friends at the Valley?s best-known
    >| social networks and Web 2.0 companies are privately grousing that emissaries
    >| from Redmond are trying to ?strong-arm? (their term) startups into giving
    >| special treatment to Messenger, Microsoft?s (MSFT) answer to AIM and other
    >| instant messaging programs.
    > `----
    >
    > http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...mister-softie/
    >
    > Didn't they stand trial for such abuse of the OEMs? Same old business (crime)
    > at Microsoft. More examples of bullying below.

    I remember reading in some book where Microsoft used the same treatment
    to get people to use Word instead of other word-processors, in the early
    days.

    I like this quote:

    "This is a great example of why Google is the leader in the Net
    ecosystem and Microsoft is not," an angry entrepreneur (who does
    not work for Google) told me. "Microsoft is the
    anti-data-portability company."

    --
    Microsoft -- the anti-data-portability company

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Bullies Startups, Breaks the Law Again

    ____/ Linonut on Sunday 20 January 2008 16:32 : \____

    >> The hard side of Mister Softie
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Ah, Microsoft. Nothing gets the knickers of Silicon Valley startup guys
    >>| more twisted than signs that the world?s largest software company is
    >>| over-reaching again. The latest outrage? Some of my friends at the Valley?s
    >>| best-known social networks and Web 2.0 companies are privately grousing
    >>| that emissaries from Redmond are trying to ?strong-arm? (their term)
    >>| startups into giving special treatment to Messenger, Microsoft?s (MSFT)
    >>| answer to AIM and other instant messaging programs.
    >> `----

    http://techland.blogs.fortune.cnn.co...mister-softie/

    >> Didn't they stand trial for such abuse of the OEMs? Same old business
    >> (crime) at Microsoft. More examples of bullying below.

    > I remember reading in some book where Microsoft used the same treatment
    > to get people to use Word instead of other word-processors, in the early
    > days.
    >
    > I like this quote:
    >
    > "This is a great example of why Google is the leader in the Net
    > ecosystem and Microsoft is not," an angry entrepreneur (who does
    > not work for Google) told me. "Microsoft is the
    > anti-data-portability company."

    Yes, it's their business strategy (I can fetch some embarrassing Gates quotes,
    as in Pearls of stupidity/vanity). Schmidt has explicitly advised against it
    in a seminar last year. Google cash in on goodwill, not handcuffs.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows: slippery when dry. You have been warned.
    Mem: 515500k total, 412088k used, 103412k free, 1432k buffers

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Bullies Startups, Breaks the Law Again

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:29:51 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Yes, it's their business strategy (I can fetch some embarrassing Gates quotes,
    > as in Pearls of stupidity/vanity). Schmidt has explicitly advised against it
    > in a seminar last year. Google cash in on goodwill, not handcuffs.

    Gates is laughing all the way to the bank while you, Roy Schestowitz, are
    languishing in college as a career student.
    Sponging off your parents is no way to go through life son.

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Bullies Startups, Breaks the Law Again

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:29:51 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    >> Yes, it's their business strategy (I can fetch some embarrassing Gates quotes,
    >> as in Pearls of stupidity/vanity). Schmidt has explicitly advised against it
    >> in a seminar last year. Google cash in on goodwill, not handcuffs.

    > Gates is laughing all the way to the bank while you, Roy Schestowitz, are
    > languishing in college as a career student.
    > Sponging off your parents is no way to go through life son.

    or "digging up quotes" from Bill Gates. Being a google jockey is
    unlikely to get one a decent job. Lets hope potential employers of Roy
    don't google up his threats to smash people up and chop their ****s off.

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Bullies Startups, Breaks the Law Again

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:41:33 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > or "digging up quotes" from Bill Gates. Being a google jockey is
    > unlikely to get one a decent job. Lets hope potential employers of Roy
    > don't google up his threats to smash people up and chop their ****s off.

    Did Roy Schestowitz really threaten people?
    It wouldn't surprise me because he does seem to be a bit off kilter.

+ Reply to Thread