The Second Day of the KDE 4.0 Release Event

,----[ Quote ]
| The second day of the KDE 4.0 Release Event in Mountain View, California, was
| a very busy day. Reporters and users joined the hackers, peeking over their
| shoulders, asking questions and generally trying to figure us out. Talks were
| given - most notably the keynote by Aaron Seigo, but also covering KOffice,
| the KDE-Edu project, and multimedia. Read on for more details.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1200788475/

Good video:

KDE 4.0 Release Event Keynote - Aaron

,----[ Description ]
| Aaron Seigo gives the Keynote at the KDE 4.0 Release Event.
`----

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...00885420&hl=en

More talks here:

Release Event - Speech links

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.0 Release Event Keynote - Aaron Seigo
| KDE 4.0 Release Event - Haarvard Nord
| KDE 4.0 Release Event - Paul Adams
| KDE 4.0 Release Event - Linux MCE
| KDE 4.0 Release Event - Jeremy Whiting
| KDE 4.0 Release Event - Kyle Cunningham and Aron Stansvik
| KDE 4.0 Release Event - Jeff Mitchell
`----

http://wadejolson.wordpress.com/2008...-speech-links/

And things keep improving ahead of KDE 4.1.

Optimisation: KDE 4 With nVidia Video Cards

,----[ Quote ]
| KWin, the standard KDE window manager in KDE4.0, ships with the first version
| of built-in support for compositing, making it also to compositing manager.
| This allows KWin to provide advanced graphical effects, similar to Compiz,
| while also providing all the features from previous KDE releases
|
| [...]
|
| Smoothness of KWin rendering can be improved by setting the env.variable
| KWIN_NVIDIA_HACK to 1.
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2008/01/1...a-video-cards/

Related:

KDE 4 Brings Improvements Galore to the Linux Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| The next generation of KDE, the popular Linux desktop environment, has
| arrived. KDE 4.0 features a completely re-written core with new multimedia
| libraries, better hardware abstraction and
| desktop eye candy that puts Windows Vista to shame.
`---- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/20...brings-im.html

Goodbye Vista, KDE 4.0 Has Arrived!

,----[ Quote ]
| There are only few people who know that if you look out of your 'Windows',
| the world is much more vivid and beautiful. Apple is known for its good
| looks, but it’s excessively expensive, while Vista is a big disappointment
| (check Tech Cold War 2007!). Now, there is GNU/Linux which, in fact, is free
| and offers much more options and freedom than Windows or Mac. One of the most
| popular desktop environments on GNU/Linux platform has come out in a new
| flavour - KDE 4.0.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/24071/news.htm

KDE 4.1 Release Schedule, Coming In July

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is the KDE 4 release schedule for the next couple of months, as shared
| this morning at the KDE 4.0 release event keynote by Aaron Seigo. KDE 4.0.1
| will be released later this month with minor maintenance releases coming
| every month. KDE 4.1 is planned for release this July with much polishing
| since KDE 4.0.0. * *
|
| January - KDE 4.0.1
| February - KDE 4.0.2
| March - KDE 4.0.3