For Disc Jockeys as Well as Desk Jockeys

,----[ Quote ]
| Tonium plans to make the Linux-based software on the Pacemaker public, so
| users can innovate and share their improvements with others, Mr. Sars said.
| One improvement the company is already planning is software to create the
| effects of scratching or touching and rocking a turntable.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/bu...ss&oref=slogin

Quote for the day:

"If the operating system is in fact a natural monopoly, then what could be
better than having an operating system that nobody owns?"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --James Love

Related:

Audio in Linux is awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
`----

http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

Commercial Sound And Music Software For Linux, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| As a result of this inquiry I decided to revisit the Linux soundapps site and
| check up on the commercial sound and music software for Linux. This article
| reveals and ponders some of the results from that visit.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1005835

Commercial Sound And Music Software For Linux, Part 2

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1005911