IPhone's UK sales disappoint

| The paper says that between Apple, O2 and the Warehouse, only about 190,000
| handsets were sold in the first two months against a target of 200,000.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...les-disappoint

Maybe Apple engineers should have just with Linux (they were going to).

Quote:

"Linux is a very complete and sophisticated operating system. And there is a
lot of work being done to improve it in and of itself, particularly to make it
easier to use and easier for people to set up on their personal computers."

--Paul Maritz, top executive at Microsoft

Recent:

A Linux-powered iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| The most interesting part on Wired magazine's revelation was during iPhone’s
| software development. On a very tight deadline to finish the iPhone right on
| time, Apple software engineers looked carefully at Linux, since it had
| * * * ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| already been rewritten for use on mobile phones. But, Linux on iPhone was
| denied by Steve Jobs for the reason that he do not want to utilize someone
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| else’s software. Just imagine the endless possibilities had Steve agreed. It
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| would have been a big break for Linux, and iPhone could have been a much more
| powerful and smarter mobile device. It would have been a jaw-dropping
| combination of beauty and brains. * * * *
|
| Since Linux powered iPhone is now far from reality, I have here some photos
| of make-believe iPhone running with a GNOME desktop and with a Firefox web
| browser. *
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/01/...ed-iphone.html

Four billion embedded systems shipped in '06

Microsoft cans key conference

,----[ Quote ]
| SOFTWARE giant Microsoft has decided that it does not love its popular Mobile
| and Embedded DevCon any more and has pulled the plug.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...key-conference

Related:

Closed iPhone opens road for Linux phones

,----[ Summary ]
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/yager/ar...tml?source=rss