[News] Fluxbuntu Gets Two Thumbs Up, Ubuntu Handles Win32 Gaming - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Fluxbuntu Gets Two Thumbs Up, Ubuntu Handles Win32 Gaming - Linux ; Come Fly with Fluxbuntu ,----[ Quote ] | Fluxbuntu is a must try Linux distribution which I feel has a very bright | future ahead. I think new to Linux users will be able to handle it well with | ...

  1. [News] Fluxbuntu Gets Two Thumbs Up, Ubuntu Handles Win32 Gaming

    Come Fly with Fluxbuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Fluxbuntu is a must try Linux distribution which I feel has a very bright
    | future ahead. I think new to Linux users will be able to handle it well with
    | minor trouble. But, it might take some time for them to get used to its
    | Fluxbox desktop. Meanwhile, advanced users will love it for its speed and
    | versatility.
    |
    | All in all, Fluxbuntu is very much like Ubuntu. Those who want to try Ubuntu
    | but can’t because of hardware limitations will definitely be fulfilled with
    | Fluxbuntu. Those who have higher-end machines but are into speed and
    | performance might want to consider using Fluxbuntu, as it is definitely
    | lightweight and can make anyone’s powerful computer fly.
    |
    | I totally agree on what is advertised about Fluxbuntu: Lightweight.
    | Productive. Agile. Efficient. Ubuntu.
    `----

    http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/01/...fluxbuntu.html

    And for all those who ask, "what about games?"

    How to Play Prince of Persia on Ubuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Prince of Persia is definitely one of my all-time favorite game. It's a
    | third-person action adventure video game published by Ubisoft. The Prince of
    | Persia trilogy is composed of the following: Prince of Persia: The Sands of
    | Time, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.
    `----

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-t...tu-76665.shtml

    Other than Microsoft's *deliberate* deviation from OpenGL, there's just this
    myth, FUD, lie about Linux being incompatible with gaming. It's just like that
    myth about Office being indispensable and OOorg being slow.

    Related:

    Does WINE + Linux support more Windows apps than Vista?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | WINE supports most of the applications which are made for Windows
    | 2.0 up to Windows XP. WINE has the ability to run different versions
    | of IE, run most of Adobe's products, run World of Warcraft, Half Life
    | 2, Microsoft Office 2003, XP, 2000 and 97, Visio, Quicken,
    |
    | * * * Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
    | * * * Need for Speed Carbon
    | * *
    | [...]
    |
    | What about drivers, hardware support, and upgrades?
    |
    | Want to upgrade you XP to Vista? no chance. might as well do a fresh
    | install and shell out $300.
    `----

    http://jagtalon.wordpress.com/2007/0...ps-than-vista/

    StreamMyGame launches Linux player ; Play PC games on your PS3

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | StreamMyGame.com announced today the release of its free Linux Player, an
    | application that enables you to play any PC game via a PlayStation 3 running
    | Linux.
    `----

    http://www.kdcstaffs.com/it/main_vie...part=Real-Time

    Top Ubuntu Linux Games

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | If you’ve switched to Ubuntu (as I have) or any other Linux distribution, you
    | may consider the following free (and in most cases open-source) games, as
    | they’ve been favorites of mine for some time now. *
    `----

    http://linuxgames07.blogspot.com/200...nux-games.html

  2. Re: Fluxbuntu Gets Two Thumbs Up, Ubuntu Handles Win32 Gaming

    On Jan 19, 11:46 am, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > Come Fly with Fluxbuntu
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Fluxbuntu is a must try Linux distribution which I feel has a very bright
    > | future ahead. I think new to Linux users will be able to handle it well with
    > | minor trouble. But, it might take some time for them to get used to its
    > | Fluxbox desktop. Meanwhile, advanced users will love it for its speed and
    > | versatility.
    > |
    > | All in all, Fluxbuntu is very much like Ubuntu. Those who want to try Ubuntu
    > | but can't because of hardware limitations will definitely be fulfilled with
    > | Fluxbuntu. Those who have higher-end machines but are into speed and
    > | performance might want to consider using Fluxbuntu, as it is definitely
    > | lightweight and can make anyone's powerful computer fly.
    > |
    > | I totally agree on what is advertised about Fluxbuntu: Lightweight.
    > | Productive. Agile. Efficient. Ubuntu.
    > `----
    >
    > http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/01/...fluxbuntu.html

    And for those who want Fluxbuntu with all the multimedia goodness,
    there's Linux Mint 4.0 Fluxbox Edition.

    http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

+ Reply to Thread