Processing files larger than 2.2GB. - Linux

This is a discussion on Processing files larger than 2.2GB. - Linux ; I always used the following functions to process files: fopen() fclose() fseek() ftell() fwrite() fread() fputc() fgetc() The limitation of (at least some of) these functions is the maximum filesize of 2^31 bytes. So, to solve this I use: fopen64() ...

  1. Processing files larger than 2.2GB.

    I always used the following functions to process files:

    fopen()
    fclose()
    fseek()
    ftell()
    fwrite()
    fread()
    fputc()
    fgetc()

    The limitation of (at least some of) these functions is the maximum
    filesize of 2^31 bytes.

    So, to solve this I use:

    fopen64()
    fseeko64()
    ftello64()

    But for the other functions I can't find theire largefile equivalents.
    Can I safely assume that they are compatibel?

    Unfortunately, I can't find manpages for fopen64(), fseeko64() and
    ftello64();
    Where can I find more information about this matter?

  2. Re: Processing files larger than 2.2GB.

    On a sunny day (Sat, 19 Jan 2008 02:37:11 -0800 (PST)) it happened
    teuniz@gmail.com wrote in
    <50c7ac32-dcf3-43b1-a39f-09a36e8eeecd@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com>:

    >I always used the following functions to process files:
    >
    >fopen()
    >fclose()
    >fseek()
    >ftell()
    >fwrite()
    >fread()
    >fputc()
    >fgetc()
    >
    >The limitation of (at least some of) these functions is the maximum
    >filesize of 2^31 bytes.
    >
    >So, to solve this I use:
    >
    >fopen64()
    >fseeko64()
    >ftello64()
    >
    >But for the other functions I can't find theire largefile equivalents.
    >Can I safely assume that they are compatibel?

    You should read libc.info, possibly on your system in
    /usr/share/info/libc.info

    It describes how the 32 bit interface is automatically replaced by the
    64 bit one if you compile with the correct flags, like
    -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

    It also describes all those libc functions in detail.

    >Unfortunately, I can't find manpages for fopen64(), fseeko64() and
    >ftello64();
    >Where can I find more information about this matter?

+ Reply to Thread