A Feline Example On Courage - Linux

This is a discussion on A Feline Example On Courage - Linux ; Fangs. Killer claws. Hisses, grrrs...and later, yelps. Who is not familiar with cat-dog combats? It's a "hair-raising" party of limbs and tails and yes, the loser sheds most of the fur- mostly, the cat. It was night time and I ...

  1. A Feline Example On Courage

    Fangs. Killer claws. Hisses, grrrs...and later, yelps. Who is not
    familiar with cat-dog combats? It's a "hair-raising" party of limbs
    and tails and yes, the loser sheds most of the fur- mostly, the cat.

    It was night time and I was in the living room reading a tear-jerker
    when I heard a throaty, prolonged and wavering wail. Instantly I
    dropped the book and rushed to the door with one thought in mind - my
    cat was under attack. The thought brought an ugly picture to my head.
    I feared an on-the-prowl Sparky or a hyperactive Caesar or worse, the
    Big Dogs on the Block (BDOB a.k.a. askal) was circling my Khufu in
    anticipation of tearing her apart.

    So you could just imagine the shock on my face when I caught Khufu
    chasing Sparky, a dog two times her size. A dog. My cat just chased a
    dog. I thought it only happens on TV.

    "You were supposed to be helpless," I scolded Khufu but actually I was
    torn between being proud of the cat and being afraid of it as it sat
    on its hind, licking its paws...Sparky completely forgotten.

    But then my memory bank had retrieved from its archives a plausible
    explanation about what had transpired in the scene of crime. Said dog
    seemed to have a phobia with cats for once upon a time it received a
    blow from a cat's paw on the head. So I thought my cat was just plain
    lucky. Sparky would avert from anything that meows.

    But then another weird night came and dogs were running for their
    tails. The militant cat had struck again.

    Dogs. Not one, but two. Dogs- definitely not puppies. One was Caesar
    and the other was a BDOB- both bigger than Sparky. I was impressed.

    Perhaps it would happen again, perhaps not. But I wouldn't want my
    feline friend to make it a hobby or she'll drive all the dogs away.

    Here's the norm: cats are to be chased by dogs. The poor cat must have
    gotten tired of running for her life that she decided to make a brave
    yet an unthinkable move to alter cat life in our dog-infested
    neighborhood.

    It seems she has gathered up her tattered pride and charge, come what
    may, to make a statement in the name of the feline race. The statement
    would be: We cats may be soft, but we are not fragile.

    How easy it is for us to run away from our fears or to give in to the
    unfairness of the bullies to avert the hassles and side effects of
    battle, having known not the possible victories we could
    achieve...dreams stay as mere dreams.

    But fear is fear. If only we could just throw it out of the window and
    have it locked out from our minds. But fear is a part of our
    existence. It is a psychological battle, a tug-of-war between yes and
    no. For me, it is not something we bulldoze in a day. I remember how
    my cat used to sacrifice her food to the dogs and be rooted indoors.
    It took her time to gain the courage to go against the norm we thought
    could never be changed.

    Have you ever experienced one of those rare moments when a thing or
    two just happen way beyond normal?
    You learn things from cats....

    Perhaps the passport to courage is to be sure of who we are, to
    believe, to act big no matter how small, like the cat that fought for
    its claim of territory and demand for respect with a personlity bigger
    than a dog.

    We all have our own dogs to chase to turn our "impossible" into a
    badge we can proudly wear. As for me, I'm not done with mine yet.

    http://www.cncarrental.cn/html/Humor...929/25500.html

  2. Re: A Feline Example On Courage

    Obviously you have met Roy Culley.

+ Reply to Thread