Nintendo had a good Christmas in the US - Linux

This is a discussion on Nintendo had a good Christmas in the US - Linux ; December US console sales, according to NPD: 2.47 million Nintendo DS 1.35 million Nintendo Wii 1.26 million MS Xbox360 1.10 million Sony PS2 1.06 million Sony PSP 0.80 million Sony PS3 Software sales: 1.47 million 360 Call of Duty 4 ...

  1. Nintendo had a good Christmas in the US

    December US console sales, according to NPD:

    2.47 million Nintendo DS
    1.35 million Nintendo Wii
    1.26 million MS Xbox360
    1.10 million Sony PS2
    1.06 million Sony PSP
    0.80 million Sony PS3

    Software sales:

    1.47 million 360 Call of Duty 4
    1.40 million Wii Super Mario Galaxy
    1.25 million PS2 Guitar Hero III
    1.08 million Wii Play
    0.89 million 360 Assassin's Creed
    0.74 million 360 Halo 3
    0.66 million NDS Brain Age 2
    0.66 million PS2 Madden 08
    0.62 million 360 Guitar Hero III
    0.61 million Wii Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games

    I'm currently playing Super Mario Galaxy. The gameplay is excellent, as
    is the sound and graphics, proving yet again that careful use of your
    resources is more important than throwing hardware at the problem--a
    lesson both MS and Sony should take to heart before doing their next
    consoles.

    The PS3 is kind of becoming Sony's Vista: it's their product they *want*
    the public to buy, but those pesky consumers want the prior product!

    --
    --Tim Smith

  2. Re: Nintendo had a good Christmas in the US

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:00:31 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > December US console sales, according to NPD:
    >
    > 2.47 million Nintendo DS
    > 1.35 million Nintendo Wii
    > 1.26 million MS Xbox360
    > 1.10 million Sony PS2
    > 1.06 million Sony PSP
    > 0.80 million Sony PS3
    >
    > Software sales:
    >
    > 1.47 million 360 Call of Duty 4
    > 1.40 million Wii Super Mario Galaxy
    > 1.25 million PS2 Guitar Hero III
    > 1.08 million Wii Play
    > 0.89 million 360 Assassin's Creed
    > 0.74 million 360 Halo 3
    > 0.66 million NDS Brain Age 2
    > 0.66 million PS2 Madden 08
    > 0.62 million 360 Guitar Hero III
    > 0.61 million Wii Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games
    >
    > I'm currently playing Super Mario Galaxy. The gameplay is excellent, as
    > is the sound and graphics, proving yet again that careful use of your
    > resources is more important than throwing hardware at the problem--a
    > lesson both MS and Sony should take to heart before doing their next
    > consoles.
    >
    > The PS3 is kind of becoming Sony's Vista: it's their product they *want*
    > the public to buy, but those pesky consumers want the prior product!

    Couple Linux, IBM and games together and you have all the makings of a
    failure.

  3. Re: Nintendo had a good Christmas in the US

    Micoshaft Corporation's fraudulent asstroturfer Moshe Goldfarb wrote on
    behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    > On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:00:31 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> December US console sales, according to NPD:
    >>
    >> 2.47 million Nintendo DS
    >> 1.35 million Nintendo Wii
    >> 1.26 million MS Xbox360
    >> 1.10 million Sony PS2
    >> 1.06 million Sony PSP
    >> 0.80 million Sony PS3
    >>
    >> Software sales:
    >>
    >> 1.47 million 360 Call of Duty 4
    >> 1.40 million Wii Super Mario Galaxy
    >> 1.25 million PS2 Guitar Hero III
    >> 1.08 million Wii Play
    >> 0.89 million 360 Assassin's Creed
    >> 0.74 million 360 Halo 3
    >> 0.66 million NDS Brain Age 2
    >> 0.66 million PS2 Madden 08
    >> 0.62 million 360 Guitar Hero III
    >> 0.61 million Wii Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games
    >>
    >> I'm currently playing Super Mario Galaxy. The gameplay is excellent, as
    >> is the sound and graphics, proving yet again that careful use of your
    >> resources is more important than throwing hardware at the problem--a
    >> lesson both MS and Sony should take to heart before doing their next
    >> consoles.
    >>
    >> The PS3 is kind of becoming Sony's Vista: it's their product they *want*
    >> the public to buy, but those pesky consumers want the prior product!

    > Couple Linux, IBM and games together and you have all the makings of a
    > failure.

    Micoshaft will fail inevitably I can see that.
    Particularly as they employ a lot of fraudulent asstroturfers.

  4. Re: Nintendo had a good Christmas in the US

    "[H]omer" writes:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
    >
    >> Micoshaft will fail inevitably I can see that.
    >> Particularly as they employ a lot of fraudulent asstroturfers.

    > Not to mention a lot of broken product ... some even fataly so.

    Like your spell checker?

  5. Re: Nintendo had a good Christmas in the US

    "7" schreef in bericht
    news:SVfkj.79636$c_1.54843@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    > Micoshaft Corporation's fraudulent asstroturfer Moshe Goldfarb wrote on
    > behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:00:31 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> December US console sales, according to NPD:
    >>>
    >>> 2.47 million Nintendo DS
    >>> 1.35 million Nintendo Wii
    >>> 1.26 million MS Xbox360
    >>> 1.10 million Sony PS2
    >>> 1.06 million Sony PSP
    >>> 0.80 million Sony PS3
    >>>
    >>> Software sales:
    >>>
    >>> 1.47 million 360 Call of Duty 4
    >>> 1.40 million Wii Super Mario Galaxy
    >>> 1.25 million PS2 Guitar Hero III
    >>> 1.08 million Wii Play
    >>> 0.89 million 360 Assassin's Creed
    >>> 0.74 million 360 Halo 3
    >>> 0.66 million NDS Brain Age 2
    >>> 0.66 million PS2 Madden 08
    >>> 0.62 million 360 Guitar Hero III
    >>> 0.61 million Wii Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games
    >>>
    >>> I'm currently playing Super Mario Galaxy. The gameplay is excellent, as
    >>> is the sound and graphics, proving yet again that careful use of your
    >>> resources is more important than throwing hardware at the problem--a
    >>> lesson both MS and Sony should take to heart before doing their next
    >>> consoles.
    >>>
    >>> The PS3 is kind of becoming Sony's Vista: it's their product they *want*
    >>> the public to buy, but those pesky consumers want the prior product!

    >> Couple Linux, IBM and games together and you have all the makings of a
    >> failure.

    > Micoshaft will fail inevitably I can see that.

    Ha, ha, you lying twit, let's rub it once more, huh!
    1.26 million MS Xbox360
    1.47 million 360 Call of Duty 4
    0.89 million 360 Assassin's Creed
    0.74 million 360 Halo 3
    0.62 million 360 Guitar Hero III

    0.80 million Sony (Lintards) PS3
    Software sales: ????? (too marginal to be counted)
    BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAH!!, "7" making himself look foolish once again!

    > Particularly as they employ a lot of fraudulent asstroturfers.

    So?

+ Reply to Thread