Re: The bogus argument: "My time isn't free" - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: The bogus argument: "My time isn't free" - Linux ; [H]omer espoused: > Verily I say unto thee, that Kelsey Bjarnason spake thusly: > >> I find it amusing he said "people who can afford it". Again, these >> guys just aren't smart enough to figure out the difference between ...

  1. Re: The bogus argument: "My time isn't free"

    [H]omer espoused:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Kelsey Bjarnason spake thusly:
    >
    >> I find it amusing he said "people who can afford it". Again, these
    >> guys just aren't smart enough to figure out the difference between
    >> being able to afford something and wanting to buy something for the
    >> simple sake of spending money.

    > The Trolls simply refuse to accept that there could be any legitimate
    > reason for not /wanting/ Windows or other proprietary software, and that
    > therefore we must be skinflints. They're brainwashed beyond reason.

    I have a problem with your last sentence, and I think that it should
    read like this:

    .... They're trying _to_ _brainwash_ people beyond reason.

    The trolls here do not believe the arguments they espouse, rather, they
    are replaying a corporate line for which they are being paid, either
    directly or indirectly, to do.

  2. Re: The bogus argument: "My time isn't free"

    Oh, some of them are certainly dumb enough to believe their own bull****
    --
    Yield to Temptation ... it may not pass your way again.
    -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"

  3. Re: The bogus argument: "My time isn't free"

    Peter Köhlmann espoused:
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> [H]omer espoused:
    >>> Verily I say unto thee, that Kelsey Bjarnason spake thusly:

    >>> The Trolls simply refuse to accept that there could be any legitimate
    >>> reason for not /wanting/ Windows or other proprietary software, and that
    >>> therefore we must be skinflints. They're brainwashed beyond reason.
    >>>

    >> I have a problem with your last sentence, and I think that it should
    >> read like this:
    >>
    >> ... They're trying _to_ _brainwash_ people beyond reason.
    >>
    >> The trolls here do not believe the arguments they espouse, rather, they
    >> are replaying a corporate line for which they are being paid, either
    >> directly or indirectly, to do.

    > Oh, some of them are certainly dumb enough to believe their own bull****

    I suppose if you were to say something often enough, maybe you would
    come to believe it. I think psychologists and/or psychiatrists call
    this process "auto-suggestion".