Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD - Linux

This is a discussion on Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD - Linux ; Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see for details). She posted to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in several places, that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site: Roy's evidence? Someone ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

  1. Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see
    for details). She posted
    to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in several places,
    that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:

    Roy's evidence? Someone who write at olpcnews.com is a director of a
    division of IESC () that has done some projects
    with Intel (and, among others, the Peace Corp, Africare, and Helen
    Keller international).

    --
    --Tim Smith

  2. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    Tim Smith wrote:
    > Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see
    > for details). She
    > posted to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in
    > several places, that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:
    >

    > Roy's evidence? Someone who write at olpcnews.com is a director of a
    > division of IESC () that has done some projects
    > with Intel (and, among others, the Peace Corp, Africare, and Helen
    > Keller international).

    Nice.

    But don't count on the utter public destruction of Roy's idiocy being nearly
    enough to make him change. James Gosling (of Sun and Java fame) told me
    himself in an email that Rex Ballard was a liar that he [Gosling] had never
    heard of, yet even after I posted that devastating refutation of his lies,
    Rex didn't stop claiming his work was the basis for Java.

    The truth isn't nearly enough to keep nutcases like Roy Homer Rex from
    spewing their warped lies and misinterpretations of reality.

  3. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:40:41 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see
    > for details). She posted
    > to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in several places,
    > that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:
    >

    > Roy's evidence? Someone who write at olpcnews.com is a director of a
    > division of IESC () that has done some projects
    > with Intel (and, among others, the Peace Corp, Africare, and Helen
    > Keller international).

    I hope Roy has a good attorney.

  4. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:48:26 -0500, DFS wrote:

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >> Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see
    >> for details). She
    >> posted to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in
    >> several places, that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:
    >>

    >> Roy's evidence? Someone who write at olpcnews.com is a director of a
    >> division of IESC () that has done some projects
    >> with Intel (and, among others, the Peace Corp, Africare, and Helen
    >> Keller international).

    > Nice.
    >
    > But don't count on the utter public destruction of Roy's idiocy being nearly
    > enough to make him change. James Gosling (of Sun and Java fame) told me
    > himself in an email that Rex Ballard was a liar that he [Gosling] had never
    > heard of, yet even after I posted that devastating refutation of his lies,
    > Rex didn't stop claiming his work was the basis for Java.
    >
    > The truth isn't nearly enough to keep nutcases like Roy Homer Rex from
    > spewing their warped lies and misinterpretations of reality.

    Rex Ballard actually claims that his work is the basis for Java?
    I thought that was some kind of a joke.

  5. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:40:41 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see
    > for details). She posted
    > to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in several places,
    > that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:
    >

    > Roy's evidence? Someone who write at olpcnews.com is a director of a
    > division of IESC () that has done some projects
    > with Intel (and, among others, the Peace Corp, Africare, and Helen
    > Keller international).

    Also see this:

    http://www.olpcnews.com/commentary/o...cy_theory.html

  6. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    ____/ Tim Smith on Tuesday 15 January 2008 04:40 : \____

    > Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see
    > for details). She posted
    > to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in several places,
    > that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:
    >

    > Roy's evidence? Someone who write at olpcnews.com is a director of a
    > division of IESC () that has done some projects
    > with Intel (and, among others, the Peace Corp, Africare, and Helen
    > Keller international).

    At least 5 sources that I read said it was an Intel guy. Thanks for the
    correction, which obviously came after some original article (not mine) had
    the Net poisoned with disinformation.

    What's the matter with you, Timmy? Trying to portray this as some kind of war
    of OLPC /against/ me? Or Mary attacking me? Give me a break, shill. You're
    only trying to create civil wars (again!!).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Open syntax, Open API's, Open Source
    Cpu(s): 25.0%us, 4.1%sy, 1.0%ni, 65.8%id, 3.7%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st

  7. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see
    > for details). She posted
    > to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in several places,
    > that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:
    >

    > Roy's evidence? Someone who write at olpcnews.com is a director of a
    > division of IESC () that has done some projects
    > with Intel (and, among others, the Peace Corp, Africare, and Helen
    > Keller international).

    Why don't you provide the context?

    Written *that* way you did, I can only conclude that you are lying (again)
    and purposefully avoided anything which would make checking of your and
    Roys claims easily possible
    --
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid all together.

  8. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    ,----
    | So for CmdrTaco to insinuate that OLPC News is a front for anyone but
    | them, insults you, dear reader, and every OLPC News contributor,
    | commenter, and supporter personally. To do so with out of date and
    | inaccurate information offends SlashDot itself.
    `----

    That's Roy for you.

  9. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    In article ,
    Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    > Written *that* way you did, I can only conclude that you are lying (again)
    > and purposefully avoided anything which would make checking of your and
    > Roys claims easily possible

    People who know how to use a browser can easily find all the relevant
    into. That leaves you out. If you can demonstrate that you've finally
    figured out how to follow links, I can give you some. (Of course, when
    they show you are wrong, you'll just come back with your usual claim
    that the links didn't work...).

    --
    --Tim Smith

  10. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    >> Written *that* way you did, I can only conclude that you are lying
    >> (again) and purposefully avoided anything which would make checking of
    >> your and Roys claims easily possible

    > People who know how to use a browser can easily find all the relevant
    > into. That leaves you out. If you can demonstrate that you've finally
    > figured out how to follow links, I can give you some. (Of course, when
    > they show you are wrong, you'll just come back with your usual claim
    > that the links didn't work...).

    Translation: You have no links and made your claims up out of full cloth

    --
    I doubt, therefore I might be.

  11. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    In article ,
    Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    > > People who know how to use a browser can easily find all the relevant
    > > into. That leaves you out. If you can demonstrate that you've finally
    > > figured out how to follow links, I can give you some. (Of course, when
    > > they show you are wrong, you'll just come back with your usual claim
    > > that the links didn't work...).
    > >

    > Translation: You have no links and made your claims up out of full cloth

    Peter, almost every time I've given you a link for the last several
    months, you've claimed you can't follow it. If you want, though, you
    can yourself go to boycottnovell, select the OLPC articles, and see what
    Roy has said.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  12. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Peter Kohlmann wrote:
    >> > People who know how to use a browser can easily find all the relevant
    >> > into. That leaves you out. If you can demonstrate that you've finally
    >> > figured out how to follow links, I can give you some. (Of course, when
    >> > they show you are wrong, you'll just come back with your usual claim
    >> > that the links didn't work...).
    >> >

    >> Translation: You have no links and made your claims up out of full cloth

    > Peter, almost every time I've given you a link for the last several
    > months, you've claimed you can't follow it.

    Wrong. I have said so *one* time
    And it was a broken link. I told you I can't be arsed to stitch it manually,
    if you are unable to provide working links as everyone else is able to do

    So, just stop this bull**** about "several times". You are getting nearly as
    bad as Hadron Quark with your made up claims

    > If you want, though, you can yourself go to boycottnovell, select the OLPC
    > articles, and see what Roy has said.

    Good. Provide the link.

    No, I will not hunt for something you just /claim/ to exist. I assume that
    you are lying. Prove me wrong, this time

    --
    Get the new Windows XP. Now with eXtra Problems included

  13. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Tim Smith on Tuesday 15 January 2008 04:40 : \____
    >

    >> Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see
    >> for details). She posted
    >> to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in several places,
    >> that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:
    >>

    >> Roy's evidence? Someone who write at olpcnews.com is a director of a
    >> division of IESC () that has done some projects
    >> with Intel (and, among others, the Peace Corp, Africare, and Helen
    >> Keller international).

    > At least 5 sources that I read said it was an Intel guy. Thanks for the
    > correction, which obviously came after some original article (not mine) had
    > the Net poisoned with disinformation.
    >
    > What's the matter with you, Timmy? Trying to portray this as some kind of war
    > of OLPC /against/ me? Or Mary attacking me? Give me a break, shill. You're
    > only trying to create civil wars (again!!).

    Timmy requires perfection, Roy! You should know and understand that,
    after all, he's one of your best customers :-))

  14. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 16 January 2008 08:55 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Tim Smith on Tuesday 15 January 2008 04:40 : \____
    >>

    >>> Mary Lou Jepsen is one of the main people behind the OLPC (see
    >>> for details). She posted
    >>> to Slashdot to refute the FUD, which Roy is spreading in several places,
    >>> that olpcnews.com is an Intel shill site:
    >>>

    >>> Roy's evidence? Someone who write at olpcnews.com is a director of a
    >>> division of IESC () that has done some projects
    >>> with Intel (and, among others, the Peace Corp, Africare, and Helen
    >>> Keller international).

    >> At least 5 sources that I read said it was an Intel guy. Thanks for the
    >> correction, which obviously came after some original article (not mine) had
    >> the Net poisoned with disinformation.
    >>
    >> What's the matter with you, Timmy? Trying to portray this as some kind of
    >> war of OLPC /against/ me? Or Mary attacking me? Give me a break, shill.
    >> You're only trying to create civil wars (again!!).
    >>

    > Timmy requires perfection, Roy! You should know and understand that,
    > after all, he's one of your best customers :-))

    Well, he can require that from himself. He should stop policing me on the Web
    (which he still does all the time, including in Digg.com).

    If I don't want to proofread what I type, I'm not f***ing going to, certainly
    not for some stalker who is apparently a single man in his 50s.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | http://debian.org
    09:20:02 up 36 days, 22:08, 4 users, load average: 1.64, 1.51, 1.36

  15. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > Well, he can require that from himself. He should stop policing me on the Web
    > (which he still does all the time, including in Digg.com).
    >
    > If I don't want to proofread what I type, I'm not f***ing going to, certainly
    > not for some stalker who is apparently a single man in his 50s.

    "I do not want to proofread what I type"

    Thanks for that Roy.

    It pretty much sums you up. You couldn't even be arsed to prepare
    yourself for that webcast about XML standards and made a , predictably,
    right fool of yourself.

    Way to advocate Linux!

    "I do not want to proofread what I type"

    You're unravelling. Get a holiday. Maybe Holland? You could model for
    some more posters by Marti?

  16. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:25:05 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> Well, he can require that from himself. He should stop policing me on the Web
    >> (which he still does all the time, including in Digg.com).
    >>
    >> If I don't want to proofread what I type, I'm not f***ing going to, certainly
    >> not for some stalker who is apparently a single man in his 50s.

    > "I do not want to proofread what I type"
    >
    > Thanks for that Roy.
    >
    > It pretty much sums you up. You couldn't even be arsed to prepare
    > yourself for that webcast about XML standards and made a , predictably,
    > right fool of yourself.
    >
    > Way to advocate Linux!
    >
    > "I do not want to proofread what I type"
    >
    > You're unravelling. Get a holiday. Maybe Holland? You could model for
    > some more posters by Marti?

    Hysterical.
    Of course *he* doesn't proof read most of what he writes.
    It's generated by a well programmed script.
    And if it's not, by his own criteria, he MUST be getting paid to sit at a
    computer all day and post 1000's of articles per month to every corner of
    the Internet.
    Spamming has evidently become a full time occupation for Roy.

  17. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    In article <1656003.NOcAedWGij@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Well, he can require that from himself. He should stop policing me on the Web
    > (which he still does all the time, including in Digg.com).

    Roy, you've confused digg.com with your diary. If you don't want your
    writings to be read and commented on, then don't post them to a place
    that is DESIGNED TO ALLOW ANYONE TO READ AND COMMENT ON THEM. Geesh!

    > If I don't want to proofread what I type, I'm not f***ing going to, certainly
    > not for some stalker who is apparently a single man in his 50s.

    This is exactly the same as people who top-post on usenet. It makes
    their posts harder to read, and their excuse is that it takes too long
    to move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. So, to save themselves
    the 5 seconds it would take to follow social norms for usenet and move
    their cursor before starting, they are willing to slow down everyone who
    reads their post.

    If you don't care enough about your comments to bother making them
    legible, or don't care about your readers enough to spend 10 seconds
    checking a comment before submitting it, you are going to continue to
    get dugg down. Your choice.

    Speaking of stalking, you have been trying to figure out where I live
    (and doing your usual quality work, as you missed by almost 5000 miles),
    and now you seem to have tried to find my age (also wrong), sex (right),
    and current marital status (right). What's your name for this?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  18. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:05:59 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > Speaking of stalking, you have been trying to figure out where I live
    > (and doing your usual quality work, as you missed by almost 5000 miles),
    > and now you seem to have tried to find my age (also wrong), sex (right),
    > and current marital status (right). What's your name for this?

    Please email me Tim. My address is real.

  19. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    In article <1ve7mc2wiqili$.1hiq5br3nqqsv$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > > Speaking of stalking, you have been trying to figure out where I live
    > > (and doing your usual quality work, as you missed by almost 5000 miles),
    > > and now you seem to have tried to find my age (also wrong), sex (right),
    > > and current marital status (right). What's your name for this?

    > Please email me Tim. My address is real.

    I generally don't mail random people on the net. Could you give some
    hint as to what the purpose would be? For all I know, you are one of
    Roy's nyms!

    --
    --Tim Smith

  20. Re: Mary Lou Jepsen shoots down Schestowitz FUD

    On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:31:36 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <1ve7mc2wiqili$.1hiq5br3nqqsv$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>> Speaking of stalking, you have been trying to figure out where I live
    >>> (and doing your usual quality work, as you missed by almost 5000 miles),
    >>> and now you seem to have tried to find my age (also wrong), sex (right),
    >>> and current marital status (right). What's your name for this?

    >> Please email me Tim. My address is real.

    > I generally don't mail random people on the net. Could you give some
    > hint as to what the purpose would be? For all I know, you are one of
    > Roy's nyms!

    I suspect I might be having the same problem as you are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast