Error: "PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 0000:00:03:0.Please try using pci=biosirq." - Linux

This is a discussion on Error: "PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 0000:00:03:0.Please try using pci=biosirq." - Linux ; Hi folks, I get this error when booting up: PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 0000:00:03:0. Please try using pci=biosirq. However when I use pci=biosirq, it doesn't help. The "Please try..." just goes away. Device 03 ...

  1. Error: "PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 0000:00:03:0.Please try using pci=biosirq."

    Hi folks,

    I get this error when booting up:

    PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 0000:00:03:0. Please
    try using pci=biosirq.

    However when I use pci=biosirq, it doesn't help. The "Please try..."
    just goes away.
    Device 03 is the video card.

    The PCI code finds the PCI BIOS however it complains of an error 81
    when fetching the IRQ table.
    I have removed everything PnP related from the kernel.

    Anybody know what might be wrong?

    Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: Error: "PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 0000:00:03:0. Please try using pci=biosirq."

    Is it just a PCI card? Or fits in a video slot?
    Card, try in a different slot.

    wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I get this error when booting up:
    >
    > PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 0000:00:03:0. Please
    > try using pci=biosirq.
    >
    > However when I use pci=biosirq, it doesn't help. The "Please try..."
    > just goes away.
    > Device 03 is the video card.
    >
    > The PCI code finds the PCI BIOS however it complains of an error 81
    > when fetching the IRQ table.
    > I have removed everything PnP related from the kernel.
    >
    > Anybody know what might be wrong?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

  3. Re: Error: "PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device

    On Jan 14, 10:39 pm, "Bill" wrote:
    > Is it just a PCI card? Or fits in a video slot?
    > Card, try in a different slot.

    It's in a laptop.

    I did find that using "irqpoll" helps, however there seem to be
    strange things going on.
    In particular, this is a video card, and it's apparent that many
    writes to video memory
    are not going to the right addresses. There's a lot of garbled junk on
    the framebuffer
    screen.

    Could the IRQ be responsible for that?

+ Reply to Thread