Don't save XP!! - Linux

This is a discussion on Don't save XP!! - Linux ; http://weblog.infoworld.com/editor/a...1/save_xp.html Infoworld is hosting a petition to save XP since it will be discontinued on June 16th, 2008. I think we as pro-Linux advocates should be vehemently against this since Vistal will drive droves of people towards Linux, *desktop* Linux. ...

  1. Don't save XP!!

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/editor/a...1/save_xp.html

    Infoworld is hosting a petition to save XP since it will be discontinued on June 16th, 2008. I think we as pro-Linux advocates should be vehemently against this since Vistal will drive droves of people towards Linux, *desktop* Linux. Vista is actually the best thing that could have happened to Linux is a LONG while. I'm betting that Microsoft is already working full speed to get the next version of Windows out the door since the uptake of Vista is both dismall and alienating their user base.

    Let XP die!!!!

  2. Re: Don't save XP!!

    On Jan 15, 12:06 pm, Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer
    wrote:
    > http://weblog.infoworld.com/editor/a...1/save_xp.html
    >
    > Infoworld is hosting a petition to save XP since it will be discontinued on June 16th, 2008. I think we as pro-Linux advocates should be vehemently against this since Vistal will drive droves of people towards Linux, *desktop* Linux. Vista is actually the best thing that could have happened to Linux is a LONG while. I'm betting that Microsoft is already working full speed to get the next version of Windows out the door since the uptake of Vista is both dismall and alienating their user base.
    >
    > Let XP die!!!!

    Petition or no petition, XP will not be discontinued on June 16 2008.
    This would be commercial suicide for M$.

  3. Re: Don't save XP!!

    There is some evidence that XP is half their current sales since
    so many refuse to use Vista.

    peterwn wrote:
    > On Jan 15, 12:06 pm, Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer
    > wrote:
    >> http://weblog.infoworld.com/editor/a...1/save_xp.html
    >>
    >> Infoworld is hosting a petition to save XP since it will be discontinued on June 16th, 2008. I think we as pro-Linux advocates should be vehemently against this since Vistal will drive droves of people towards Linux, *desktop* Linux. Vista is actually the best thing that could have happened to Linux is a LONG while. I'm betting that Microsoft is already working full speed to get the next version of Windows out the door since the uptake of Vista is both dismall and alienating their user base.
    >>
    >> Let XP die!!!!

    > Petition or no petition, XP will not be discontinued on June 16 2008.
    > This would be commercial suicide for M$.

+ Reply to Thread