Ubuntu Gutsy will come with Compiz

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyway, in a Technical Board meeting yesterday it was decided that we will
| have Compiz enabled by default in Ubuntu 7.10, barring any obscene blowups
| before the beta.

Thanks to AMD/ATI's move.

Ubuntu comes knocking on Oracle's door

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu is best know for its desktop Linux distribution which Dell ships on
| its consumer Linux desktop PCs, but the group is seeing an increasing
| interest in its server version that was launched in 2005.
| Certification for third party applications such as Oracle's database is
| considered critical for the continued growth of Canonical's support services.
| Firms that seek professional support typically also require that their
| software and hardware are certified to run the Linux distribution.

Oracle's got a giant Red Hat fork coming, says spaceman

,----[ Quote ]
| Oracle's assault on Linux looks to take the shape of a fork in the near
| future, according to Canonical founder and Ubuntu chief Mark Shuttleworth.

Is Unbreakable a long-term Linux play?

,----[ Quote ]
| After initial cynicism I have been forced to rethink my opinion on a couple
| of occassions, notably Oracle's patent pledge, the naming of customers and
| the naming of partners, although I remain unconvinced that OEL is a long-term
| strategy for the company as opposed to an attempt to disrupt the market. *
| Linux is clearly a long-term commitment. Oracle Enterprise Linux? Not sure.

Ubuntu chief: Oracle Linux has 'tactical value'

,----[ Quote ]
| Oracle has the ability to support Linux, and doing so could
| have "tactical value" for the database company, the founder
| of Ubuntu Linux--and a potential Oracle partner--said Friday.

Shuttleworth: Oracle-Ubuntu partnership only a matter of time

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical Ltd. CEO Mark Shuttleworth said a partnership with
| Oracle is no longer a matter of if, but when.

Oracle's mixed messages on "compatibility" with Red Hat Enterprise Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| No offense, Oracle, but if it looks like a fork, smells like a fork, and acts
| like a fork, it's a fork, and "fully compatible" is simply not a credible
| guarantee. You can't change someone else's code and crown it "fully
| compatible."

Oracle claims no Linux ulterior motive

,----[ Quote ]