[News] Linux Powers More and More Photos - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Linux Powers More and More Photos - Linux ; Your wallet-sized photos are going digital ,----[ Quote ] | And now even your wallet-sized photos are going digital. EmTrace has created | the Widget One, a wallet-sized device that will gladly show photos and do all | sorts of ...

  1. [News] Linux Powers More and More Photos

    Your wallet-sized photos are going digital

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | And now even your wallet-sized photos are going digital. EmTrace has created
    | the Widget One, a wallet-sized device that will gladly show photos and do all
    | sorts of Linux-powered goodness.
    `----

    http://www.htlounge.net/articles/488...-going-digital

    Recent:

    Linux-based photoframe boasts WiFi, video support

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | AgfaPhoto is shipping a Linux-based digital photoframe developed by Sagem
    | Communications and powered by Freescale Semiconductor's i.MX31 system-on-chip
    | (SoC). The AgfaPhoto AF5080W is said to offer an 8-inch, 800x600 SVGA
    | display, WiFi, and playback of MP3 music and MPEG 1/2/4 video. *
    `----

    The Ultimate Wallet-Sized Photograph

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | EmTrace has created the Widget One, a wallet-sized device that will gladly
    | show photos and do all sorts of Linux-powered goodness.
    `----

    http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/336/C14155/

    Related:

    E-paper support for Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | One of the electrophoretic display controllers for which Linux support has
    | been posted (tarball) is a controller from E-Ink called Apollo. This
    | controller is interfaced to the host through 8-bit data and 6-bit control
    | over General Purpose IO (GPIO) interfaces. *
    `----

    http://www.computerworld.com.au/inde...pid;1968336438

    Linux-based eBook reader leverages lightweight browser

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The NetFront browser enables users to click through to linked reference
    | sites, such as Wikipedia, while they are reading. *
    `----

    Amazon's Kindle eBook Reader

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | But in the final analysis, the point of the thing is to be a better book. It
    | does this very well. Everything else is just icing on the cake, which is, in
    | this case, not a lie. *
    `----

    http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/36063

    Down with paper: A review of the Sony Reader

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Not only does the new Reader sport an SD card slot alongside the Pro Duo
    | slot, but it plays AAC and MP3 files; ATRAC doesn't even make an appearance
    | on the spec sheet. Oh, and did I mention that the Reader is Penguin-powered? *
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardw...der-review.ars

    Sharp intros RD-CX100 dictionary / e-book reader

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It may not boast quite the versatility of its souped-up
    | Linux-based "electronic dictionary," but if you're just looking for
    | some basic e-book reading capabilities along with your
    | multi-lingual dictionary, Sharp's new RD-CX100 looks like it
    | may fit the bill.
    `----

    http://digg.com/gadgets/Sharp_intros..._e_book_reader

    HP offers peek at next-gen gadgets

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | HP has unveiled some of the gadgets it is working on in its worldwide
    | laboratories.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | The e-book attracted most interest from delegates at the HP Mobility
    | Summit in Shanghai. It uses touch sensitive strips on the base of
    | the rectangular unit to select books and turn pages, runs a Linux
    | OS and has a USB port to install new titles.
    `----

    http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/21...chscreen-ebook

    Kindle sold out

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There is no telling if this is a consequence of consumer demand exceeding
    | Amazon's forecasts as to how many people would want this thing, or if Amazon
    | is taking a page out of Nintendo's book and creating a little product
    | scarcity to drum up business. All I know is I got mine in the mail today, and
    | I'm already in love. * *
    |
    | Flop? I think not.
    `----

    http://blog.blankbaby.com/blankbaby/...-sold-out.html

    Amazon.com Launches Wireless Reader

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Linux-based device weighs 10.3 ounces, can store 200 titles on its 250 MB
    | of onboard flash memory, and its battery can hold a charge for two days with
    | the wireless feature on and seven days with it off, Amazon said. The reader
    | is made by a Chinese OEM and can be purchased on Amazon.com for $399. *
    `----

    http://sony.broadcastnewsroom.com/ar....jsp?id=237306

  2. Re: [News] Linux Powers More and More Photos

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > Your wallet-sized photos are going digital
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| And now even your wallet-sized photos are going digital. EmTrace has created
    >| the Widget One, a wallet-sized device that will gladly show photos and do all
    >| sorts of Linux-powered goodness.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.htlounge.net/articles/488...-going-digital

    When do we get a light-powered one?