China says suffers "massive" Internet spy damage

,----[ Quote ]
| China has suffered "massive" losses of state secrets through the Internet, a
| senior official said, as China faces reports that it has raided the computer
| networks of Western powers.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070912/...et_security_dc

China: Net spy damage has been 'massive'

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6207467.html

The war of Windows zombies and back doors. And more FUD to shut down sites,
encourage censorship, end P2P and torrents....

And there's also this, which was mentioned a couple of days ago:

Indian Police Urged to Tap Cybercafes to Fight Terrorism

,----[ Quote ]
| The keyloggers would be activated centrally as and when a suspect walks into
| a cyber cafe or when suspicious activity is noted, Mukhi said.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2007...pcworld/137107

Does the keylogger have a Linux version? Or is it another way to make Windows a
standard, just as in that case with the 'pirate' that cannot use Linux because
the DoJ has Windows-only spyware?

It's that type of rubbish that will only encourage closed systems in the long
run.

Related:

Convicted BitTorrent Admin Fights for his Right to Use Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Scott told TorrentFreak earlier: “I think that this whole situation is just
| one more way that they can impose their will onto me. It isn’t the fact that
| I have to be monitored that bothers me, it is the fact that I have
| restructure my life (different OS, different software on that OS) and that
| they would require (force) me to purchase software while I a currently
| unemployed and relatively unemployable with the 2 felonies that they gave
| me.”
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/convicted-bi...-linux-070908/

China Crafts Cyberweapons

,----[ Quote ]
| The Defense Department reports China is building cyberwarfare
| units and developing viruses.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...icle.html(News)

Microsoft operating system caches secret surveillance programs on China?

,----[ Quote ]
| Not long ago, Norton anti-virus software reported and eliminated two programs
| of Microsoft Windows systems, mistaking them for Trojan horse virus programs,
| which immediately led to a system collapse. Later Norton recognized that it
| had "misreported": the virus. *
`----

http://thingsthatpeoplewilldo.blogsp...em-caches.html

Vista a 'threat' to the national security of India

,----[ Quote ]
| As Mr Bombay Watcher says on his blog, Microsoft has a cosy partnership
| with the CIA, so perhaps the world should take care and caution when it
| comes time to upgrade. We're pretty certain Windows 3.1 would be a safe
| bet. He seems particularly worried about the national security of India,
| as it does, of course, have some conflicting interests with the US
| of A.
`----

Russian expert: Terrorists may try cyberattacks

,----[ Quote ]
| A Russian computer security expert predicts that terrorists could
| seek to target the country's critical infrastructure through
| electronic warfare, a strategy that could raise the stakes in
| how Russia handles computer crime.
`----

Homeland Security sees cyberthreats on the rise

,----[ Quote ]
| To test the nation's response to a cyberattack, the Department
| of Homeland Security plans to hold another major exercise,
| called Cyberstorm II, in March 2008, Garcia said. A first
| such exercise happened early last year.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-7355_3-6157...0-20&subj=news
http://tinyurl.com/2dpbmv

FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware

,----[ Quote ]
| There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we
| reported earlier this week, can be delivered over the Internet and implanted *
| in a suspect's computer remotely.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9747666-7.html

Back doors in Windows XP...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGlNTEQ0RzM

Mother of all spyware...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forge...ft-58752.shtml

Police eats your CPU cycles and disk space (even without the user having access
to changes)...

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista—Microsoft’s latest operating system—may prove to be most
| appropriately named, especially for those seeking evidence of how a
| computer was used.
`----

http://www.abanet.org/journal/ereport/jy13tkjasn.html

Will Microsoft Put The Colonel in the Kernel?

,----[ Quote ]
| "The kernel meets The Colonel in a just-published Microsoft patent
| application for an Advertising Services Architecture, which delivers targeted
| advertising as 'part of the OS.' *
`----

German government admits it is already conducting online searches

,----[ Quote ]
`----