[News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayer Scam - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayer Scam - Linux ; Mark Kent wrote: > Trolling is a part of what they do, but it does not describe the fullness > of their actions, which go far deeper. The term "troll" is relatively > mild... > > Interestingly, having just done ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 70 of 70

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayerScam

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Trolling is a part of what they do, but it does not describe the fullness
    > of their actions, which go far deeper. The term "troll" is relatively
    > mild...
    >
    > Interestingly, having just done some research into troll definitions, it
    > could be that I'm showing my age somewhat, as here is a quote from the
    > anti-troll faq:
    >
    > http://www.hyphen olog ist.co.uk/kill file/anti_troll_faq.htm

    Hiyas HighPlainsRafaelToiletwaterLiarRetardNymshifterNet KKKop!

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayer Scam

    In article ,
    Mark Kent wrote:
    > Why don't you go to a group appropriate for the material you post? Oh,
    > and are you still stalking Roy in Digg?

    Are you still molesting children?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayerScam

    On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:26:21 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    > The worst bit was the DG actually lying about the capabilities of the
    > Silverlight/iPlayer to an MP.

    I'm a big fan of the parliamentary system -- but I suppose there will be
    no shouting matches over this

    -Thufir

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayer Scam

    Thufir espoused:
    > On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:26:21 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:
    >

    >> The worst bit was the DG actually lying about the capabilities of the
    >> Silverlight/iPlayer to an MP.

    > I'm a big fan of the parliamentary system -- but I suppose there will be
    > no shouting matches over this

    It's a really good question as to where this will go next. It might be
    that the MP's committee was enough pressure on the DG to force
    resolution of the issues; and there is some evidence that this is so.
    The newest recruit into the ex-Microsoft's Mr Huggers' department is an
    Apache programmer and free software person, so there is clearly an
    intent to clean things up a little. I suspect that this was the price
    for Mr Huggers to keep his job.

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayer Scam

    ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 19 January 2008 08:43 : \____

    > Thufir espoused:
    >> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:26:21 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:
    >>

    >>> The worst bit was the DG actually lying about the capabilities of the
    >>> Silverlight/iPlayer to an MP.

    >> I'm a big fan of the parliamentary system -- but I suppose there will be
    >> no shouting matches over this
    >>

    > It's a really good question as to where this will go next. It might be
    > that the MP's committee was enough pressure on the DG to force
    > resolution of the issues; and there is some evidence that this is so.
    > The newest recruit into the ex-Microsoft's Mr Huggers' department is an
    > Apache programmer and free software person, so there is clearly an
    > intent to clean things up a little. I suspect that this was the price
    > for Mr Huggers to keep his job.

    It's actually the Groklaw readership which caught this recruitment nugget and
    had it publicised. It's far from over. Expect some BBC grilling in Groklaw
    very shortly. The next SCO?

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | GNU is Not Universal (begin recursion)
    18:00:01 up 1 day, 3:40, 3 users, load average: 1.05, 1.18, 1.34

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayer Scam

    On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:01:41 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 19 January 2008 08:43 : \____
    >
    >> Thufir espoused:

    >>> I'm a big fan of the parliamentary system -- but I suppose there will be
    >>> no shouting matches over this
    >>>

    >> It's a really good question as to where this will go next. It might be
    >> that the MP's committee was enough pressure on the DG to force
    >> resolution of the issues; and there is some evidence that this is so.
    >> The newest recruit into the ex-Microsoft's Mr Huggers' department is an
    >> Apache programmer and free software person, so there is clearly an
    >> intent to clean things up a little. I suspect that this was the price
    >> for Mr Huggers to keep his job.

    > It's actually the Groklaw readership which caught this recruitment nugget and
    > had it publicised. It's far from over. Expect some BBC grilling in Groklaw
    > very shortly. The next SCO?

    Don't be idiotic.

    --
    Kier

  7. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayer Scam

    ____/ Kier on Saturday 19 January 2008 18:08 : \____

    > On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:01:41 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 19 January 2008 08:43 : \____
    >>
    >>> Thufir espoused:

    >>> It's a really good question as to where this will go next. It might be
    >>> that the MP's committee was enough pressure on the DG to force
    >>> resolution of the issues; and there is some evidence that this is so.
    >>> The newest recruit into the ex-Microsoft's Mr Huggers' department is an
    >>> Apache programmer and free software person, so there is clearly an
    >>> intent to clean things up a little. I suspect that this was the price
    >>> for Mr Huggers to keep his job.

    >> It's actually the Groklaw readership which caught this recruitment nugget
    >> and had it publicised. It's far from over. Expect some BBC grilling in
    >> Groklaw very shortly. The next SCO?

    > Don't be idiotic.

    I was joking. Bad humours, I'll admit...

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Unisys: open source software set to have a similar impact as the Internet
    18:20:01 up 1 day, 4:00, 3 users, load average: 0.60, 0.72, 0.99

  8. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayer Scam

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Kier on Saturday 19 January 2008 18:08 : \____
    >
    >> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:01:41 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 19 January 2008 08:43 : \____

    >>> It's actually the Groklaw readership which caught this recruitment nugget
    >>> and had it publicised. It's far from over. Expect some BBC grilling in
    >>> Groklaw very shortly. The next SCO?

    >> Don't be idiotic.

    > I was joking. Bad humours, I'll admit...

    Roy, please don't respond to Kier's trolling - when you do, I have to
    read it...

    If Kier were to learn to disagree without being abusive, and support his
    suppositions with evidence, then he might have something worth paying
    attention to. He's a long way from that.

  9. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayer Scam

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Kier on Saturday 19 January 2008 18:08 : \____
    >
    >> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:01:41 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 19 January 2008 08:43 : \____

    >>> It's actually the Groklaw readership which caught this recruitment nugget
    >>> and had it publicised. It's far from over. Expect some BBC grilling in
    >>> Groklaw very shortly. The next SCO?

    >> Don't be idiotic.

    > I was joking. Bad humours, I'll admit...

    Actually, the Register article you posted shows that you are likely to
    be correct. But please, stop responding to Kier's abuse...

  10. Re: [News] [Rival] MSBBC Busted by Parliament for the MS iPlayer Scam

    ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 20 January 2008 12:05 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Kier on Saturday 19 January 2008 18:08 : \____

    >>> Don't be idiotic.

    >> I was joking. Bad humours, I'll admit...
    >>

    > Actually, the Register article you posted shows that you are likely to
    > be correct. But please, stop responding to Kier's abuse...

    No, I don't need civil wars. Kier is still quite civil and combatting each
    other is just what the trolls want (Kier feeds the trolls very often, but he
    is not a troll *LOL*).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | {Hide sig} {Show sig} >{Close Application}<
    Tasks: 109 total, 1 running, 108 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4