____/ [H]omer on Friday 11 January 2008 12:48 : \____

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft has warned Google to steer clear of corporate search,
>> | declaring that the market is "our house"....
>> |
>> | "Those people are not going to be allowed to take food off our plate,
>> | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> | because that is what they are intending to do."
>> `----

> I'm confused. Isn't capitalism supposed to be all about Free Market
> Enterprise? Am I mistaken, or did Microsoft just demand their right
> to operate a monopoly? I think there can be no doubt from the above
> quote; that Microsoft think, talk and behave exactly like gangsters.

Just look a few weeks back...

Domino: The Netherlands

,----[ Quote ]
| It is hard to believe, but Heise reports that Microsoft was threatening the
| Dutch government to sue it before the European Court of Juctice which would
| be a competition case. *
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-31230...he-netherlands

Like a disgraceful abusive monopoly. Classic.

Going Dutch

,----[ Quote ]
| There is some good humour in the announcement too - from the Redmond based
| owner of much of the world’s Intellectual Monopoly:
|
| * * … he said the company [Microsoft] was worried about and opposed other
| * * aspects of the Dutch policy, especially the provision that agencies
| * * should prefer open source. *
|
| * * “We think it’s not in the best interest of the wider software market to
| * * single out one model for endorsement like this,” he said.
|
| HUH? What is the “wider software market” he is referring to? Oh, of course
| it’s theirs… What complete twaddle. Why can’t they just say ‘we don’t like it
| because we are going to lose business’. Or even better, make improved
| products that compete on a level playing field? Why spin their message with
| such meaningless drivel that it only exacerbates our bad opinion of them? * *
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2007/12/14/going-dutch/

That last sentence sez it all, don't it?

--
~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows Vistaster: Newly-coined Windows MEstake
Cpu(s): 25.1%us, 4.1%sy, 1.0%ni, 65.8%id, 3.7%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st