[News] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Handle Executive Exodus Without Causing Panic - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Handle Executive Exodus Without Causing Panic - Linux ; Juniper Networks exec to succeed Microsoft Business Division President Raikes ,----[ Quote ] | Another reason I consider the Raikes announcement timing odd: Why announce | Raikes’ departure a day after acknowledging the defection of your mergers and | acquisitions ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Handle Executive Exodus Without Causing Panic

    Juniper Networks exec to succeed Microsoft Business Division President Raikes

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Another reason I consider the Raikes announcement timing odd: Why announce
    | Raikes’ departure a day after acknowledging the defection of your mergers and
    | acquisitions chief Bruce Jaffe? You could make the argument that Microsoft
    | wants to get all its defection/churn announcements out of the way at once.
    | But I’m not sure I’d look at things the same way, if I were one of the
    | company’s “image makers”….
    |
    | Microsoft also announced on January 10 that Bob Muglia, the Senior Vice
    | President in charge of Microsoft’s Server and Tools Business, is going to
    | move out of the Business Division and report directly to CEO Steve Ballmer.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1101

    Hey, WinTrolls. Not going too well, eh? How many top executives jumped ship in
    the past couple of days? I've lost count.

    Related:

    Microsoft loses top executive in China

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Li Gong is currently exploring other career opportunities," Microsoft said
    | in a statement to News.com.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | In a September 2005 Business Week interview, Ballmer touted Gong as
    | one of several key hires that Microsoft had made.
    |
    | Most recently, Gong has served as managing director of Windows LiveC
    | hina and as Vice President of Microsoft China R&D Group.
    |
    | Gong's name came up in the case over Kai-Fu Lee, the top Microsoft
    | executive whose hiring by Google sparked a multistate legal battle.
    `----

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6149735.html

    Microsoft losing acquisition playmaker

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In a previous life Jaffe was the CFO for Microsoft's MSN division, and also
    | had roles overseeing acquisitions related to Microsoft's consumer business,
    | groups like MSNBC and Microsoft Games. *
    `----

    Microsoft’s OEM chief defects to Lenovo

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | While so many of us Microsoft watchers were preoccupied with the hasty
    | departure of former Microsfot CIO Stuart Scott, the resignation of the
    | company’s OEM chief slipped right by most of us.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=999

    Microsoft Windows hardware leader takes a ‘vacation’

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Veteran Softies are dropping like flies lately. The latest Microsoft exec to
    | leave is Jawad Khaki, Corporate Vice President of the Windows Hardware
    | Ecosystem.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1002

    Danny Thorpe quits the Windows Live development team

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Danny Thorpe, one of the higher-profile hires Microsoft made to its Windows
    | Live team, has decided to leave for greener pastures.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=806

    Microsoft’s open source chief takes on Windows server marketing

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The change comes amid a long-building storm that exploded in May, when the
    | company said that Linux violates 235 Microsoft patents.
    `----

    http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...ws-server.html

    Microsoft says Zune executive will leave company

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Bryan Lee, corporate vice president at Microsoft's entertainment
    | and devices division, also played a key role in shaping the Xbox
    | game console business and the introduction of its Internet
    | Protocol television software.
    `----

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6155200.html

    Yet another Microsoft search exec calls it quits

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In March, Blake Irving, the Corporate VP in charge of the Windows
    | Live platform, announced his plans to leave Microsoft, effective
    | this summer. Payne announced his resignation from Microsoft shortly
    | after Irving made his announcement.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=407

    at least no chairs were thrown…

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A friend of mine was walked out of Microsoft today.
    |
    | I’m not talking about Stuart Scott, the now former Microsoft CIO who was
    | canned for “violating company policies.” No, another friend decided to leave
    | the MSN Live Search team and join Google Kirkland. *
    `----

    http://selberg.org/2007/11/06/at-lea...s-were-thrown/

    Another Microsoft Search reorg: Shum now leads engineering

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | That same month, Windows Live Platform VP Blake Irving resigned, as did Chris
    | Payne. the Corporate Vice President in charge of Windows Live Search.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=927

    Former Microsoft Search Chief Bill Bliss On Early Search Missteps

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Bill's biggest regret? Not bypassing middle management that wasn't
    | listening to him scream about the coming threat of Google and going
    | right up to Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer.
    `----

    http://searchengineland.com/070309-094930.php

    Microsoft Search Leader To Leave Company

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Microsoft Corp. vice president who led the company's push into
    | Internet search is leaving the software giant as the effort he
    | helped launch loses ground against lead competitor Google Inc.
    `----

    http://online.wsj.com/preview_login....s%26ru%3Dyahoo
    http://tinyurl.com/2jran7

    Microsoft Businesss Solutions Group's Burgum to resign

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft Corp.'s Business Solutions group senior vice president Doug
    | Burgum will resign, effective June 30, and leave the company to pursue
    | other opportunities, the company said on Tuesday.
    `----

    http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articl...mktNews&rpc=44
    http://tinyurl.com/h4coe

    Database head to leave daily duties at Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Paul Flessner, who leads Microsoft's data storage and platform
    | division, will step down from his daily duties after the new year.
    `----

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6131496.html

    XBLA's Ross Erickson leaves Microsoft, heads over to Sierra Online

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Of course, this follows XBLA General Manager Greg Canessa's
    | departure a couple weeks back. While having two of the most
    | senior Xbox Live Arcade execs jump ship in a two week time
    | span after a particularly long string of subpar Wednesdays
    | -- nothing, Ms. Pac-Man, Lumines add-on, nothing, Root Beer
    | Tapper, Paperboy, nothing -- might seem to imply certain
    | disaster, Ross insisted that he and Greg's decided to
    | leave under entirely different circumstances.
    `----

    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/20/xb...o-sierra-onli/
    http://tinyurl.com/25s6he

    XBLA main man jumps ship

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In somewhat surprising news, Greg Canessa, the big guy behind
    | Xbox Live Arcade, has left the Microsoft compound for PopCap Games.
    `----

    http://www.destructoid.com/xbla-main...ip-29716.phtml

    Microsoft Windows Live VP to resign

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Blake Irving, a Corporate Vice President in Microsoft's Windows
    | Live Platform group, is resigning his post, according to sources
    | close to the company.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=296

    Evangelist Gartenberg back to being analyst

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | After only three weeks at Microsoft as an "evangelist," Michael
    | Gartenberg is returning to his old job as vice president and
    | research director at JupiterResearch.
    `----

    http://news.com.com/2061-10805_3-616...0-20&subj=news

    Will Microsoft Survive the Next 10 Years?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I am not really an expert in this but when I read all the negative
    | headlines and articles I ask myself if Microsoft really will survive
    | the next 10 years.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | I am pretty sure that the Open Source Community, the new Ubuntu,
    | Google and of course Apple are those companies that are ready for
    | our century and they will get more and more people that know what
    | they really want.
    `----

    http://websquirrel.blogspot.com/2007...-10-years.html

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Google Tries to Handle Massive Exodus Without Causing Panic

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Juniper Networks exec to succeed Microsoft Business Division President
    > Raikes
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Another reason I consider the Raikes announcement timing odd: Why
    > announce
    > | Raikes' departure a day after acknowledging the defection of your
    > mergers and
    > | acquisitions chief Bruce Jaffe? You could make the argument that
    > Microsoft
    > | wants to get all its defection/churn announcements out of the way at
    > once.
    > | But I'm not sure I'd look at things the same way, if I were one of the
    > | company's "image makers"..
    > |
    > | Microsoft also announced on January 10 that Bob Muglia, the Senior Vice
    > | President in charge of Microsoft's Server and Tools Business, is going
    > | move out of the Business Division and report directly to CEO Steve
    > Ballmer.
    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1101
    >
    > Hey, WinTrolls. Not going too well, eh?

    Hey retarded Roy Schestowitz? Your spamming not going well eh? Your masters
    who pay you tell you to post absolutely anything regardless if it is
    accurate or not.

    Another day, another key Googler departs
    http://venturebeat.com/2007/10/23/an...ogler-departs/

    McCaffrey leaving Google
    http://www.siliconbeat.com/entries/2...ng_google.html

    AdMob Snares Google's Kevin Scott
    http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/10/16...s-kevin-scott/

    Google veterans leaving the nest in search of bigger jobs
    http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/12/28/business/vc.php

    Top Engineer Leaving Google for Astronomy Job

    Google Vet Hirsch Leaving For Startups
    http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/01/...-startups.html

    Michael Moritz Leaving Google Board of Directors
    http://www.searchenginejournal.com/m...irectors/4573/

    Another Google Executive Says "Farewell"
    http://mashable.com/2007/12/13/chris...leaves-google/

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Google Tries to Handle Massive Exodus Without Causing Panic

    Cletus Spencer wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >> Juniper Networks exec to succeed Microsoft Business Division President
    >> Raikes
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Another reason I consider the Raikes announcement timing odd: Why
    >> announce
    >> | Raikes' departure a day after acknowledging the defection of your
    >> mergers and
    >> | acquisitions chief Bruce Jaffe? You could make the argument that
    >> Microsoft
    >> | wants to get all its defection/churn announcements out of the way at
    >> once.
    >> | But I'm not sure I'd look at things the same way, if I were one of the
    >> | company's "image makers"..
    >> |
    >> | Microsoft also announced on January 10 that Bob Muglia, the Senior Vice
    >> | President in charge of Microsoft's Server and Tools Business, is going
    >> | move out of the Business Division and report directly to CEO Steve
    >> Ballmer.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1101
    >>
    >> Hey, WinTrolls. Not going too well, eh?

    > Hey retarded Roy Schestowitz? Your spamming not going well eh? Your
    > masters who pay you tell you to post absolutely anything regardless if it
    > is accurate or not.
    >

    > Another day, another key Googler departs
    > http://venturebeat.com/2007/10/23/an...ogler-departs/
    >
    > McCaffrey leaving Google

    http://www.siliconbeat.com/entries/2...ng_google.html

    > AdMob Snares Google's Kevin Scott

    http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/10/16...s-kevin-scott/

    > Google veterans leaving the nest in search of bigger jobs
    > http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/12/28/business/vc.php
    >
    > Top Engineer Leaving Google for Astronomy Job

    > Google Vet Hirsch Leaving For Startups

    http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/01/...-startups.html

    > Michael Moritz Leaving Google Board of Directors

    http://www.searchenginejournal.com/m...irectors/4573/

    > Another Google Executive Says "Farewell"
    > http://mashable.com/2007/12/13/chris...leaves-google/

    Hmmm... none of them moving to Microsoft.How many Microsoft employees have
    moved to Google... I've lost count.
    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Google Tries to Handle Massive Exodus Without Causing Panic

    "Jerry McBride" wrote in message
    > Cletus Spencer wrote:
    >

    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>> Juniper Networks exec to succeed Microsoft Business Division President
    >>> Raikes
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> announce
    >>> mergers and
    >>> Microsoft
    >>> once.

    >>> Vice
    >>> Ballmer.
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1101
    >>>
    >>> Hey, WinTrolls. Not going too well, eh?

    >> Hey retarded Roy Schestowitz? Your spamming not going well eh? Your
    >> masters who pay you tell you to post absolutely anything regardless if it
    >> is accurate or not.
    >>

    >> Another day, another key Googler departs
    >> http://venturebeat.com/2007/10/23/an...ogler-departs/
    >>
    >> McCaffrey leaving Google
    >>

    > http://www.siliconbeat.com/entries/2...ng_google.html
    >>
    >> AdMob Snares Google's Kevin Scott
    >>

    > http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/10/16...s-kevin-scott/
    >>
    >> Google veterans leaving the nest in search of bigger jobs
    >> http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/12/28/business/vc.php
    >>
    >> Top Engineer Leaving Google for Astronomy Job
    >>

    > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052301935.html
    >>
    >> Google Vet Hirsch Leaving For Startups
    >>

    > http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/01/...-startups.html
    >>
    >> Michael Moritz Leaving Google Board of Directors
    >>

    > http://www.searchenginejournal.com/m...irectors/4573/
    >>
    >> Another Google Executive Says "Farewell"
    >> http://mashable.com/2007/12/13/chris...leaves-google/
    >>

    > Hmmm... none of them moving to Microsoft.How many Microsoft employees have
    > moved to Google... I've lost count.

    A pathetic attempt to move the goal posts once again. The original topic was
    "executives leaving" - like an executive leaving ANY company is something
    new.

    Nice attempt to change the topic to execs leaving and going to work at a
    specific company from execs simply leaving. Why don't you move the goal
    posts some more and qualify it with "Male executives between the ages of 34
    and 38 with brown eyes who left a company"

    The fact is that Execs leave companies. It happens all of the time. Only
    scumbags and liars (like you and Roy Schestowitz) would take an ordinary
    event and attempt to blow it out of proportion.

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Micoshaft Tries to Handle Massive Exodus Without Causing Panic

    Micoshaft Asstroturfer Cletus Spencer flatly wrote on behalf of micoshaft
    corporation:

    > "Jerry McBride" wrote in message
    >> Cletus Spencer wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >>> Hey retarded Roy Schestowitz? Your spamming not going well eh? Your
    >>> masters who pay you tell you to post absolutely anything regardless if
    >>> it is accurate or not.
    >>>

    >>> Another day, another key Googler departs
    >>> http://venturebeat.com/2007/10/23

    another-day-another-key-googler-departs/

    >>> McCaffrey leaving Google
    >>>

    >> http://www.siliconbeat.com/entries/2004/12/19

    mccaffrey_leaving_google.html

    >>> AdMob Snares Google's Kevin Scott
    >>>

    >> http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/10/16

    exclusive-admob-snares-googles-kevin-scott/

    >>> Google veterans leaving the nest in search of bigger jobs
    >>> http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/12/28/business/vc.php
    >>>
    >>> Top Engineer Leaving Google for Astronomy Job
    >>>

    >> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...cle/2005/05/23

    AR2005052301935.html

    >>> Google Vet Hirsch Leaving For Startups
    >>>

    >> http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/01

    ny-google-vet-hirsch-leaving-for-startups.html

    >>> Michael Moritz Leaving Google Board of Directors
    >>>

    >> http://www.searchenginejournal.com

    michael-moritz-leaving-google-board-of-directors/4573/

    >>> Another Google Executive Says "Farewell"
    >>> http://mashable.com/2007/12/13/chris...leaves-google/
    >>>

    >> Hmmm... none of them moving to Microsoft.How many Microsoft employees
    >> have moved to Google... I've lost count.

    > A pathetic attempt to move the goal posts once again. The original topic
    > was "executives leaving" - like an executive leaving ANY company is
    > something new.
    >
    > Nice attempt to change the topic to execs leaving and going to work at a
    > specific company from execs simply leaving. Why don't you move the goal
    > posts some more and qualify it with "Male executives between the ages of
    > 34 and 38 with brown eyes who left a company"
    >
    > The fact is that Execs leave companies. It happens all of the time. Only
    > scumbags and liars (like you and Roy Schestowitz) would take an ordinary
    > event and attempt to blow it out of proportion.

    Looks like its Friday, and your day job is over, the weekend has
    arrived, and you have put on a new sock from last week.
    What a way to spend your life eh? - just spliffing and halucinating
    your way into irrelevance!

    And look Linux is now distributing 1 million+ desktops per month
    and 1 million new embedded Linux devices PER DAY.

    Do you really think asstroturfing for micoshaft and other
    corporations makes any difference to the uptake of Linux?

+ Reply to Thread