Killer lasers menace Linux Thinkpads

| The first thing is by far the most significant, a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 and R61
| laptop. They are not new, but the fact that the Linux models, all running
| Suse 10.1, will be out next week is huge news. Finally, you can get a
| corporate laptop with no downsides, and it doesn't have the Vista malware
| shoved down your throat. Way to go Lenovo.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...s-menace-linux

Ballnux can be replaced Linux, but the 'Ballmer tax' is still paid. Here's what
Gates *really* about Vista (sheesh! Maybe he had some wine before the
interview):

Gates grumbles about Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| The implication is fairly obvious. Bill thinks that Vista could have had more
| polish when it hit the shops. He can't say so now because that would
| undermine Vista's already flagging sales.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...-unhappy-vista

Related:

Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

,----[ Quote ]
| We asked a simple question: what Microsoft product could have used a little
| more polish before release? The answer astounded us. We would just like to
| thank Bill Gates for his honesty and his openness. *
`----

http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-...-windows-sucks

Rex Ballards's Windows Vista Report (Death of Sales, by the Numbers):

,----[ Quote ]
| Days Millions Average/day Rate/Day
| 30 20 670k 670k
| 100 40 400k 290k
| 180 60 330k 250k
| 300 88 290k 230k
| 375 100 270k 160k
`----

Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft says it remains happy with enterprise sales of Vista -- however,
| the software behemoth acknowledges that many businesses which have bought
| Vista licences are yet to deploy the software. *
`----

Will Windows Vista Succeed In 2008? Don't Count On It

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista has certainly been slow out of the gate. Sure, Microsoft is putting the
| operating system on newly shipped systems, but Vista sales didn’t benefit
| from the upgrade surge that previous OSes got upon release. A year after it
| began shipping, less than one percent of corporate desktops are running
| * * * * * * * * ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
| Vista. * *
| ^^^^^
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...indows_vi.html

Windows Vista kicked out of Olympics PCs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles...n.olympic.pcs/

`----