Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC) - Linux

This is a discussion on Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC) - Linux ; In article , Roy Schestowitz wrote: > CES: OLPC, Microsoft build dual-boot Windows, Linux OS .... > http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/inde...S&NewsID=11786 Nothing in there backs your headline, which was "[News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC". Do you just ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

  1. Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    In article <1623395.IdjsyXEKWp@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > CES: OLPC, Microsoft build dual-boot Windows, Linux OS

    > http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/inde...S&NewsID=11786

    Nothing in there backs your headline, which was "[News] Gates Fundation
    [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC".

    Do you just assume no one will actually read the articles, so you can
    get away with misrepresenting them in the headline?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  2. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    ____/ Tim Smith on Friday 11 January 2008 01:18 : \____

    > In article <1623395.IdjsyXEKWp@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> CES: OLPC, Microsoft build dual-boot Windows, Linux OS

    >> http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/inde...S&NewsID=11786

    > Nothing in there backs your headline, which was "[News] Gates Fundation
    > [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC".
    >
    > Do you just assume no one will actually read the articles, so you can
    > get away with misrepresenting them in the headline?

    The one who is /modifying/ headlines to get past filter is /YOU/. The headline
    is correct. Bill Gates uses his accounting proxy, also known as the Gates
    Foundation (it's a funds for personal purposes like tax evasion, buying Bill a
    positive image in the press, buying media companies for bias, and increasing
    profits through oil companies that kill children, etc.), will try to kick in
    and 'save the day' for OLPC... with Windows. Never mind if Microsoft
    sabotaged 'older days' OLPC and potentially went as far as lawsuits by proxy.

    Microsoft is a criminal organisation. Its record from the past month alone
    makes this a correct and accurate assessment.

    How much does Microsoft pay you (directly or indirectly) to post your garbage.
    Mind you, if you stalking does not stop, I will contact the police.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows O/S: who ownZ you tod4y?
    Mem: 515500k total, 444400k used, 71100k free, 11632k buffers

  3. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    In article <13798718.cmI0e5KWjO@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > How much does Microsoft pay you (directly or indirectly) to post your garbage.
    > Mind you, if you stalking does not stop, I will contact the police.

    Hahahaha. I shouldn't read usenet while eating dinner. Laughing
    hysterically while eating is dangerous--you almost killed me with that
    last line.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  4. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 02:33:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Tim Smith on Friday 11 January 2008 01:18 : \____
    >
    >> In article <1623395.IdjsyXEKWp@schestowitz.com>,
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> CES: OLPC, Microsoft build dual-boot Windows, Linux OS

    >>> http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/inde...S&NewsID=11786

    >> Nothing in there backs your headline, which was "[News] Gates Fundation
    >> [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC".
    >>
    >> Do you just assume no one will actually read the articles, so you can
    >> get away with misrepresenting them in the headline?

    > The one who is /modifying/ headlines to get past filter is /YOU/. The headline
    > is correct. Bill Gates uses his accounting proxy, also known as the Gates
    > Foundation (it's a funds for personal purposes like tax evasion, buying Bill a
    > positive image in the press, buying media companies for bias, and increasing
    > profits through oil companies that kill children, etc.), will try to kick in
    > and 'save the day' for OLPC... with Windows. Never mind if Microsoft
    > sabotaged 'older days' OLPC and potentially went as far as lawsuits by proxy.
    >
    > Microsoft is a criminal organisation. Its record from the past month alone
    > makes this a correct and accurate assessment.
    >
    > How much does Microsoft pay you (directly or indirectly) to post your garbage.
    > Mind you, if you stalking does not stop, I will contact the police.

    Oh, Please STFU Roy.

    Are you really becoming that unhinged and that paranoid?

    "Oh, Mr Policeman, there's a man following me around on the internet
    pointing out to everyone that i'm lieing and being dishonest".

    Watch them laugh you out the door.

    For the record. *NOTHING* in the articles you referenced even includes a
    mention of the Gates Foundation OTHER THAN YOUR HEADLINE.

    What's more, Microsoft has today denied that they're doing any work with
    the OLPC project to create multi-boot systems, so even THAT part of the
    article is false, which makes your speculation about the motives of
    Microsoft for doing this thing they're not even doing completely bogus.

    http://www.betanews.com/article/No_d...oft/1199985722

    Here's a hint for you Roy:

    If you're reporting the news, Ethically, you're not supposed to mix your
    own speculation with that "news", especially if you don't identify it as
    such.

  5. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] GatesFundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    On Jan 10, 11:39 pm, Erik Funkenbusch
    wrote:
    > Here's a hint for you Roy:
    >
    > If you're reporting the news, Ethically, you're not supposed to mix your
    > own speculation with that "news", especially if you don't identify it as
    > such.

    Here's a hint for you, Erik. When you *pay* Roy as you pay for the
    NYT, CNN, etc. then and only then you can make demands on him. When
    you *elect* Roy just like we elected Bush, etc. then and only then you
    can make demands on him.

    Why is it that you Windopes have such a hard time understanding the
    nature of Usenet?

    -Ramon

  6. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation[sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > How much does Microsoft pay you (directly or indirectly) to post your garbage.
    > Mind you, if you stalking does not stop, I will contact the police.

    FFS take your meds Shazzlewitz.

  7. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    SW writes:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    >> How much does Microsoft pay you (directly or indirectly) to post your garbage.
    >> Mind you, if you stalking does not stop, I will contact the police.

    > FFS take your meds Shazzlewitz.

    Is this the same Roy who once threatened to castrate someone who
    disagreed with him?

    FWIW I disagree with *anyone* who takes the COLA game out of
    court. Stalking, and personal harassment is simply not on which ever
    side of the fence (or whichever side others think you are on) you might
    be.

    Grow up people. Take it on the chin.

  8. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Erik Funkenbusch writes:

    > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 02:33:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Tim Smith on Friday 11 January 2008 01:18 : \____

    >>> Nothing in there backs your headline, which was "[News] Gates Fundation
    >>> [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC".
    >>>
    >>> Do you just assume no one will actually read the articles, so you can
    >>> get away with misrepresenting them in the headline?

    >> The one who is /modifying/ headlines to get past filter is /YOU/. The headline
    >> is correct. Bill Gates uses his accounting proxy, also known as the Gates
    >> Foundation (it's a funds for personal purposes like tax evasion, buying Bill a
    >> positive image in the press, buying media companies for bias, and increasing
    >> profits through oil companies that kill children, etc.), will try to kick in
    >> and 'save the day' for OLPC... with Windows. Never mind if Microsoft
    >> sabotaged 'older days' OLPC and potentially went as far as lawsuits by proxy.
    >>
    >> Microsoft is a criminal organisation. Its record from the past month alone
    >> makes this a correct and accurate assessment.
    >>
    >> How much does Microsoft pay you (directly or indirectly) to post your garbage.
    >> Mind you, if you stalking does not stop, I will contact the police.

    > Oh, Please STFU Roy.
    >
    > Are you really becoming that unhinged and that paranoid?

    The real advocates (I'm not even sure who they are even more) need to
    reign him in. He's losing it.

  9. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Ramon F Herrera writes:

    > On Jan 10, 11:39 pm, Erik Funkenbusch
    > wrote:
    >> Here's a hint for you Roy:
    >>
    >> If you're reporting the news, Ethically, you're not supposed to mix your
    >> own speculation with that "news", especially if you don't identify it as
    >> such.

    > Here's a hint for you, Erik. When you *pay* Roy as you pay for the
    > NYT, CNN, etc. then and only then you can make demands on him. When
    > you *elect* Roy just like we elected Bush, etc. then and only then you
    > can make demands on him.
    >
    > Why is it that you Windopes have such a hard time understanding the
    > nature of Usenet?
    >
    > -Ramon

    Hey, Ramon, you might like to take a look at WHO is threatening people
    here.

    When you have a clue, come back and throw your dice again on the COLA
    board.

    Hint : It's Roybot complaining about people having a "Free" chance to
    argue against his ridiculous crusade.

    Roy Schestowitz does more harm for Linux "advocacy" than Mark Kent. And
    that is saying something

  10. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:18:15 -0800 (PST), Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > On Jan 10, 11:39 pm, Erik Funkenbusch
    > wrote:
    >> Here's a hint for you Roy:
    >>
    >> If you're reporting the news, Ethically, you're not supposed to mix your
    >> own speculation with that "news", especially if you don't identify it as
    >> such.

    > Here's a hint for you, Erik. When you *pay* Roy as you pay for the
    > NYT, CNN, etc. then and only then you can make demands on him. When
    > you *elect* Roy just like we elected Bush, etc. then and only then you
    > can make demands on him.
    >
    > Why is it that you Windopes have such a hard time understanding the
    > nature of Usenet?

    I'm not asking him to do what he does. But damnit, if he's going to do it,
    he should at least *TRY* to be factual, ethical, and accurate. Otherwise,
    he's not an "advocate" of any kind, he's a nuisance.

    He's the one that calls what he spouts "news". He's the one that calls
    himself a journalist. If he wants to write opinion columns, fine by me.
    He can say whatever he wants, but disguising his speculation as "news" is
    nothing close to ethical.

  11. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Hadron wrote:

    > Ramon F Herrera writes:
    >
    >> On Jan 10, 11:39 pm, Erik Funkenbusch
    >> wrote:
    >>> Here's a hint for you Roy:
    >>>
    >>> If you're reporting the news, Ethically, you're not supposed to mix your
    >>> own speculation with that "news", especially if you don't identify it as
    >>> such.

    >> Here's a hint for you, Erik. When you *pay* Roy as you pay for the
    >> NYT, CNN, etc. then and only then you can make demands on him. When
    >> you *elect* Roy just like we elected Bush, etc. then and only then you
    >> can make demands on him.
    >>
    >> Why is it that you Windopes have such a hard time understanding the
    >> nature of Usenet?
    >>
    >> -Ramon

    > Hey, Ramon, you might like to take a look at WHO is threatening people
    > here.

    Idiot
    --
    Just out of curiosity does this actually mean something or have some
    of the few remaining bits of your brain just evaporated?

  12. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    >Ethically,

    Oh, goody. An ethics lesson from the FUDmeister.

    Guffaw.

  13. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    >Quack snotted:
    >>
    >> Hey, Ramon, you might like to take a look at WHO is threatening people
    >> here.

    Didn't I tell you to fsck off, Quack?

  14. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:44:04 -0500, Linonut wrote:

    >> Here's a hint for you Roy:
    >>
    >> If you're reporting the news, Ethically, you're not supposed to mix your
    >> own speculation with that "news", especially if you don't identify it as
    >> such.

    > Don't be silly, Erik. This is COLA. If we believed uncritically
    > everything that was read here, we'd even believe /you/!

    You don't see me claiming my comments are "news", do you? If he's not
    reporting the news, that makes his comments even more spam, don't you
    think?

  15. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:44:04 -0500, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >>> Here's a hint for you Roy:
    >>>
    >>> If you're reporting the news, Ethically, you're not supposed to mix your
    >>> own speculation with that "news", especially if you don't identify it as
    >>> such.

    >> Don't be silly, Erik. This is COLA. If we believed uncritically
    >> everything that was read here, we'd even believe /you/!

    > You don't see me claiming my comments are "news", do you?

    Why should he? Your "comments" are best described as "lies"

    > If he's not reporting the news, that makes his comments even more spam,
    > don't you think?

    You already mentioned one possibility: *IF*

    And no, the spamming here is done by the wintroll filth. Of which you are
    part
    --
    You're not my type. For that matter, you're not even my species

  16. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    ____/ Erik Funkenbusch on Friday 11 January 2008 15:50 : \____

    > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:44:04 -0500, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >>> Here's a hint for you Roy:
    >>>
    >>> If you're reporting the news, Ethically, you're not supposed to mix your
    >>> own speculation with that "news", especially if you don't identify it as
    >>> such.

    >> Don't be silly, Erik. This is COLA. If we believed uncritically
    >> everything that was read here, we'd even believe /you/!

    > You don't see me claiming my comments are "news", do you? If he's not
    > reporting the news, that makes his comments even more spam, don't you
    > think?

    Erik must have missed the news in one of the sources I cited before. The Gates
    Foundation was mentioned as a funder. If Erik and his supervisor at the Vole
    disagree with this, they ought to contact the publication (PC Advisor, IIRC).

    I look at the original subject line and it's correct. The accusation against me
    is incorrect because Microsoft wants not dual-boot, but WINDOWS-ONLY. That's
    based on this morning's news...

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Unisys: open source software set to have a similar impact as the Internet
    Swap: 1510068k total, 459420k used, 1050648k free, 62784k cached

  17. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    ____/ chrisv on Friday 11 January 2008 14:00 : \____

    >>Quack snotted:
    >>>
    >>> Hey, Ramon, you might like to take a look at WHO is threatening people
    >>> here.

    > Didn't I tell you to fsck off, Quack?

    What will he do for a living then? He has no degree and he's objectionable.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Unisys: open source software set to have a similar impact as the Internet
    Swap: 1510068k total, 459420k used, 1050648k free, 62784k cached

  18. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    * Erik Funkenbusch fired off this tart reply:

    > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:44:04 -0500, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >>> Here's a hint for you Roy:
    >>>
    >>> If you're reporting the news, Ethically, you're not supposed to mix your
    >>> own speculation with that "news", especially if you don't identify it as
    >>> such.

    >> Don't be silly, Erik. This is COLA. If we believed uncritically
    >> everything that was read here, we'd even believe /you/!

    > You don't see me claiming my comments are "news", do you? If he's not
    > reporting the news, that makes his comments even more spam, don't you
    > think?

    Not in the least. A newbie might make that mistake, for a few minutes,
    but we all know that they are articles collected by Roy with his
    agenda in mind, with hurried headlines that let you know what /he's/
    thinking the article might mean.

    --
    The increasing percentage of Vista isn't growth -- it's molting.

  19. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Linonut wrote:

    >* Erik Funkenbusch fired off this tart reply:

    >>> Don't be silly, Erik. This is COLA. If we believed uncritically
    >>> everything that was read here, we'd even believe /you/!

    >> You don't see me claiming my comments are "news", do you? If he's not
    >> reporting the news, that makes his comments even more spam, don't you
    >> think?

    >Not in the least. A newbie might make that mistake, for a few minutes,
    >but we all know that they are articles collected by Roy with his
    >agenda in mind, with hurried headlines that let you know what /he's/
    >thinking the article might mean.

    Nah... I think we should hold Roy to the same standards as, say,
    Walter Cronkite.

    (rolling eyes)

  20. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    In article ,
    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    > > Mind you, if you stalking does not stop, I will contact the police.

    > Oh, Please STFU Roy.
    >
    > Are you really becoming that unhinged and that paranoid?

    I think it is time to bring this up at the next CFR meeting. He's on to
    the Bilderbergers and the Freemasons, so probably soon will spot the CFR
    connection.

    --
    --Tim Smith

+ Reply to Thread