Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC) - Linux

This is a discussion on Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC) - Linux ; In article , Ramon F Herrera wrote: > Here's a hint for you, Erik. When you *pay* Roy as you pay for the > NYT, CNN, etc. then and only then you can make demands on him. When > you ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 37 of 37

  1. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    In article
    ,
    Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > Here's a hint for you, Erik. When you *pay* Roy as you pay for the
    > NYT, CNN, etc. then and only then you can make demands on him. When
    > you *elect* Roy just like we elected Bush, etc. then and only then you
    > can make demands on him.

    So you contention would be that as long as someone is not being paid and
    is not elected, purposeful lying is OK? Interesting ethical system.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  2. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Tim Smith wrote:

    >So you contention would be that as long as someone is not being paid and
    >is not elected, purposeful lying is OK?

    Has it been established that they are "purposeful lies" and not
    "errors"?

  3. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    "chrisv" wrote in message
    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >>So you contention would be that as long as someone is not being paid and
    >>is not elected, purposeful lying is OK?

    > Has it been established that they are "purposeful lies" and not
    > "errors"?

    Whenever Roy Schestowitz is concerned I certainly wouldn't rule out basic
    STUPIDITY.

    After all, the paid shill Schestowitz has claimed that a BIOS keyboard error
    is some sort of fault in Vista.

  4. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn.

  5. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 16:46:27 -0500, Cletus Spencer wrote:

    >"chrisv" wrote in message
    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>>So you contention would be that as long as someone is not being paid and
    >>>is not elected, purposeful lying is OK?

    >> Has it been established that they are "purposeful lies" and not
    >> "errors"?

    >Whenever Roy Schestowitz is concerned I certainly wouldn't rule out basic
    >STUPIDITY.

    >After all, the paid shill Schestowitz has claimed that a BIOS keyboard error
    >is some sort of fault in Vista.

  6. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] GatesFundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    On Jan 11, 9:00*am, chrisv wrote:
    > >Quack snotted:

    > >> Hey, Ramon, you might like to take a look at WHO is threatening people
    > >> here.

    > Didn't I tell you to fsck off, Quack?

    There is not a single person on Usenet who gives a **** about you.

  7. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    I thought Quack had degree in bull****....

    --
    Windows free for 10 years!
    Kubuntu Linux 7.10 64bit

  8. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] GatesFundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    On Jan 11, 12:18*am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > On Jan 10, 11:39 pm, Erik Funkenbusch
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Here's a hint for you Roy:

    > > If you're reporting the news, Ethically, you're not supposed to mix your
    > > own speculation with that "news", especially if you don't identify it as
    > > such.

    > Here's a hint for you, Erik. When you *pay* Roy as you pay for the
    > NYT, CNN, etc. then and only then you can make demands on him. When
    > you *elect* Roy just like we elected Bush, etc. then and only then you
    > can make demands on him.

    Hint for you. Your logic is stupid.

    > Why is it that you Windopes have such a hard time understanding the
    > nature of Usenet?

    Why is it that you lintards have such a hard time understanding
    honesty and ethics?

    > -Ramon

  9. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    < snip >

    > Why is it that you lintards have such a hard time understanding
    > honesty and ethics?

    With you as a prime example. Name stealing and that
    --
    You're not my type. For that matter, you're not even my species

  10. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    William Poaster espoused:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ chrisv on Friday 11 January 2008 14:00 : \____

    >>> Didn't I tell you to fsck off, Quack?

    >> What will he do for a living then? He has no degree and he's
    >> objectionable.

    > I thought Quack had degree in bull****....

    Nah, he failed - wasn't good enough...

  11. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:22:35 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    > William Poaster espoused:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ chrisv on Friday 11 January 2008 14:00 : \____

    >>> What will he do for a living then? He has no degree and he's
    >>> objectionable.

    >> I thought Quack had degree in bull****....
    >>

    > Nah, he failed - wasn't good enough...

    Why does an nmap show you and Roy Schestowitz posting from the same exact
    computer?

  12. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Erik Funkenbusch on Friday 11 January 2008 15:50 : \____

    >>> Don't be silly, Erik. This is COLA. If we believed uncritically
    >>> everything that was read here, we'd even believe /you/!

    >> You don't see me claiming my comments are "news", do you? If he's not
    >> reporting the news, that makes his comments even more spam, don't you
    >> think?

    > Erik must have missed the news in one of the sources I cited before. The Gates
    > Foundation was mentioned as a funder. If Erik and his supervisor at the Vole
    > disagree with this, they ought to contact the publication (PC Advisor, IIRC).
    >
    > I look at the original subject line and it's correct. The accusation against me
    > is incorrect because Microsoft wants not dual-boot, but WINDOWS-ONLY. That's
    > based on this morning's news...

    Roy - why are you expecting Erik to be honest? He's never shown any
    signs of being in any way reliable.

  13. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
    on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it.
    -- Linus Torvalds

  14. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Jim Richardson wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 03:34:31 -0500,
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:22:35 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:
    >>
    >>> William Poaster espoused:

    >>> Nah, he failed - wasn't good enough...

    >> Why does an nmap show you and Roy Schestowitz posting from the same exact
    >> computer?

    > It doesn't. nmap doesn't tell you where someone is posting from. You are
    > simply lying. Or perhaps woefully incompetant.

    The troll is probably both.

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed

  15. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    William Poaster espoused:
    > Jim Richardson wrote:

    >> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 03:34:31 -0500,
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> Why does an nmap show you and Roy Schestowitz posting from the same exact
    >>> computer?

    >> It doesn't. nmap doesn't tell you where someone is posting from. You are
    >> simply lying. Or perhaps woefully incompetant.

    > The troll is probably both.

    As I have more than one ISP, I don't know how you'd even decide which
    one to point to. The traffic is balanced at my side, so it can go out
    either way. Further, my leafnode posts via several news servers, just
    as it reads from several, and the lists are not the same.

  16. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 15 January 2008 09:17 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Erik Funkenbusch on Friday 11 January 2008 15:50 : \____

    >>> You don't see me claiming my comments are "news", do you? If he's not
    >>> reporting the news, that makes his comments even more spam, don't you
    >>> think?

    >> Erik must have missed the news in one of the sources I cited before. The
    >> Gates Foundation was mentioned as a funder. If Erik and his supervisor at
    >> the Vole disagree with this, they ought to contact the publication (PC
    >> Advisor, IIRC).
    >>
    >> I look at the original subject line and it's correct. The accusation against
    >> me is incorrect because Microsoft wants not dual-boot, but WINDOWS-ONLY.
    >> That's based on this morning's news...
    >>

    > Roy - why are you expecting Erik to be honest? He's never shown any
    > signs of being in any way reliable.

    Yes, but I don't read his posts unless he modifies subject lines or something.
    He's also shilling in other Web sites. He's a disgraceful person and he's
    probably rewarded by Microsoft one way or another. It's people like him who
    ruin society.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
    17:20:01 up 36 days, 6:08, 4 users, load average: 0.60, 0.93, 0.77

  17. Re: Another Schestowitz bogus headline (was Re: [News] Gates Fundation [sic] Tries to Push GNU/Linux Out of OLPC)

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 15 January 2008 09:17 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> ____/ Erik Funkenbusch on Friday 11 January 2008 15:50 : \____

    >>> Erik must have missed the news in one of the sources I cited before. The
    >>> Gates Foundation was mentioned as a funder. If Erik and his supervisor at
    >>> the Vole disagree with this, they ought to contact the publication (PC
    >>> Advisor, IIRC).
    >>>
    >>> I look at the original subject line and it's correct. The accusation against
    >>> me is incorrect because Microsoft wants not dual-boot, but WINDOWS-ONLY.
    >>> That's based on this morning's news...
    >>>

    >> Roy - why are you expecting Erik to be honest? He's never shown any
    >> signs of being in any way reliable.

    > Yes, but I don't read his posts unless he modifies subject lines or something.
    > He's also shilling in other Web sites. He's a disgraceful person and he's
    > probably rewarded by Microsoft one way or another. It's people like him who
    > ruin society.

    I'm sure he'll get his just reward.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2