Re: [News] Op-ed: Why Novell's Actions Are a Danger to GNU/Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Op-ed: Why Novell's Actions Are a Danger to GNU/Linux - Linux ; Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > ____/ 7 on Wednesday 12 September 2007 22:23 : \____ >> If companies really want free software, they can always join >> the party instead of trying to buy ...

  1. Re: [News] Op-ed: Why Novell's Actions Are a Danger to GNU/Linux

    > ____/ 7 on Wednesday 12 September 2007 22:23 : \____

    >> If companies really want free software, they can always join
    >> the party instead of trying to buy it. It is free.

    You expect to find redeeming qualities in an entities which have none.

    Corporations like Microsoft don't want to join the party, they want to
    tear it down and build their own temple in its place. They're
    expansionist globalist monopolisers, with a totalitarian agenda of
    domination. Free Software threatens that agenda, because it removes
    their /control/. The mere fact that it is free (and Free) is no
    inducement for them to adopt it, it only makes them want to destroy it.

    > What about the EC ruling (among others)? Microsoft continues to refuse to
    > embrace standards, which stifles Linux adoption in datacentres.

    And standards, as the foundation of all software, are the /most/
    dangerous threat to such monopolisers, and hence the most despised.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    03:09:27 up 35 days, 2:04, 3 users, load average: 0.19, 0.11, 0.09

  2. Re: [News] Op-ed: Why Novell's Actions Are a Danger to GNU/Linux

    ____/ [H]omer on Thursday 13 September 2007 03:11 : \____

    >> ____/ 7 on Wednesday 12 September 2007 22:23 : \____

    >>> If companies really want free software, they can always join
    >>> the party instead of trying to buy it. It is free.

    > You expect to find redeeming qualities in an entities which have none.
    >
    > Corporations like Microsoft don't want to join the party, they want to
    > tear it down and build their own temple in its place. They're
    > expansionist globalist monopolisers, with a totalitarian agenda of
    > domination. Free Software threatens that agenda, because it removes
    > their /control/. The mere fact that it is free (and Free) is no
    > inducement for them to adopt it, it only makes them want to destroy it.

    Indeed. They make it less appealing by adding cost to it and making is a
    second-class citizen with document 'translators' and some half-based
    Silverlight support which isn't really free. Among so many other things that
    could make up a whole thesis...

    >> What about the EC ruling (among others)? Microsoft continues to refuse to
    >> embrace standards, which stifles Linux adoption in datacentres.

    > And standards, as the foundation of all software, are the /most/
    > dangerous threat to such monopolisers, and hence the most despised.

    It's amazing how something like standards can be someone's worst enemy. It is
    Microsoft's strategy to avoid standards at all cost. Nice, ain't it? And they
    still wonder why they are disliked.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Code built upon another's is less prone to bugs
    07:00:01 up 3 days, 5:06, 3 users, load average: 0.31, 1.14, 1.26