Re: [News] Novell's "First-class Disaster" Bears Fruit... for Microsoft - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Novell's "First-class Disaster" Bears Fruit... for Microsoft - Linux ; Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > ,----[ Quite > | The 2,500-square-foot lab "will be home to a combined team of the best and > | brightest Microsoft and Novell engineers focused on making Windows ...

  1. Re: [News] Novell's "First-class Disaster" Bears Fruit... for Microsoft

    > ,----[ Quite
    > | The 2,500-square-foot lab "will be home to a combined team of the best and
    > | brightest Microsoft and Novell engineers focused on making Windows Server and
    > | Suse Linux Enterprise from Novell," the companies said in a statement.
    > `----

    So it begins.

    Yesterday: "Cross License Agreement"
    Today: "Combined Workforce"
    Tomorrow: "Microsoft buys Novell"

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    01:29:22 up 35 days, 24 min, 3 users, load average: 0.12, 0.05, 0.07

  2. Re: [News] Novell's "First-class Disaster" Bears Fruit... for Microsoft

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer

    wrote
    on Thu, 13 Sep 2007 01:31:09 +0100
    :

    >> ,----[ Quite
    >> | The 2,500-square-foot lab "will be home to a combined team of the best and
    >> | brightest Microsoft and Novell engineers focused on making Windows Server and
    >> | Suse Linux Enterprise from Novell," the companies said in a statement.
    >> `----

    > So it begins.
    >
    > Yesterday: "Cross License Agreement"
    > Today: "Combined Workforce"
    > Tomorrow: "Microsoft buys Novell"

    The Day After: Microsoft amasses a huge SQL server database
    of all Linux users and starts overloading the USPS and
    process servers with nuisance lawsuits (except for
    those known to use only those distributions which
    Microsoft has signed indemnification agreements
    with; the agreement stipulates that they turn over
    their customer list so that Microsoft can, erm,
    verify their legitimacy, yeah, that's gotta be it,
    right? As opposed to, say, selling Microsoft Office
    thereto...). Surprising the hell out of everybody, the
    DB farm actually stays up long enough to finish the job,
    though some of the entries get slightly mangled during
    Microsoft's new combined auto-translation/copyright
    repair capability, which tends to replace the words
    "windows", "vista", and "ultimate" with "Microsoft
    Windows Vista Ultimate Edition", but it gets confused
    whenever it sees the word "basic".

    An emergency contingent of Marines is called in to
    help sort through the flood of mails -- since they're
    back from Iraq by then and have nothing better to do,
    right? -- and additional trucks at taxpayer expense
    are purchased, which later have to be abandoned
    because they're contaminated with formaldehyde. Oops.
    Heck of a job, Brownie, or whoever your replacement
    was this week.

    Meanwhile, the courts, which are already rather clogged
    with lawsuits brought from the paycheck lenders, get
    inundated with responses, and additional Marines are
    dispatched over there so that we don't have to fight
    them over here. Wait...how exactly did that go again?

    The President makes an emergency proclamation that
    everyone using Linux and older versions of Microsoft
    Windows is guilty of being a terrorist, and everyone
    is either deported to Cuba or switches to Microsoft
    Windows Vista Ultimate Edition with Microsoft Windows
    Vista Ultimate Edition Visual Basic Edition, and we all
    live happily ever after.

    (Might as well have a fairy tale ending.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net -- insert random magic wand here
    People think that libraries are safe. They're wrong. They have ideas.
    (Also occasionally ectoplasmic slime and cute librarians.)

  3. Re: [News] Novell's "First-class Disaster" Bears Fruit... for Microsoft

    Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:

    > The President makes an emergency proclamation that
    > everyone using Linux and older versions of Microsoft
    > Windows is guilty of being a terrorist, and everyone
    > is either deported to Cuba or switches to Microsoft
    > Windows Vista Ultimate Edition with Microsoft Windows
    > Vista Ultimate Edition Visual Basic Edition, and we all
    > live happily ever after.
    >
    > (Might as well have a fairy tale ending.)

    You forgot about the cerebral implants and being forced to work in slave
    camps, packaging Microsoft Windows Vista Ultra Supremacist Edition for
    Workgroups, and having our income frozen and transferred automatically
    to our dark overlord Sweaty the Impaler, whilst being simultaneously
    tazered and maced as punishment for uttering blasphemies like "Linux"
    and "Freedom".

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    05:47:34 up 35 days, 4:42, 3 users, load average: 0.15, 0.14, 0.05

  4. Re: [News] Novell's "First-class Disaster" Bears Fruit... for Microsoft

    ____/ [H]omer on Thursday 13 September 2007 01:31 : \____

    >> ,----[ Quite
    >> | The 2,500-square-foot lab "will be home to a combined team of the best and
    >> | brightest Microsoft and Novell engineers focused on making Windows Server
    >> | and Suse Linux Enterprise from Novell," the companies said in a statement.
    >> `----

    > So it begins.
    >
    > Yesterday: "Cross License Agreement"
    > Today: "Combined Workforce"
    > Tomorrow: "Microsoft buys Novell"

    Remember that Novell owns "UNIX". Next SCO?

    Yesterday: XenSource supports Windows
    Last night: Microsoft signs partnership with XenSource
    Today: Microsoft uses Citrix to buy XenSource
    (because of the FTC and the GPL)

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"
    07:05:01 up 3 days, 5:11, 3 users, load average: 0.56, 0.72, 1.05

  5. Re: [News] Novell's "First-class Disaster" Bears Fruit... for Microsoft

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer

    wrote
    on Thu, 13 Sep 2007 05:48:51 +0100
    :
    > Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    >
    >> The President makes an emergency proclamation that
    >> everyone using Linux and older versions of Microsoft
    >> Windows is guilty of being a terrorist, and everyone
    >> is either deported to Cuba or switches to Microsoft
    >> Windows Vista Ultimate Edition with Microsoft Windows
    >> Vista Ultimate Edition Visual Basic Edition, and we all
    >> live happily ever after.
    >>
    >> (Might as well have a fairy tale ending.)

    > You forgot about the cerebral implants and being forced to work in slave
    > camps, packaging Microsoft Windows Vista Ultra Supremacist Edition for
    > Workgroups, and having our income frozen and transferred automatically
    > to our dark overlord Sweaty the Impaler, whilst being simultaneously
    > tazered and maced as punishment for uttering blasphemies like "Linux"
    > and "Freedom".

    I wanted a fairy tale, not a horror show. :-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature: Not a text file