english grammar checker. - Linux

This is a discussion on english grammar checker. - Linux ; Hello, I am not a native english speaker. I would really appreciate to check some of my english texts (mainly plain text format, or latex format). Does any body know if it exists an english grammar checker. I tried some ...

  1. english grammar checker.

    Hello,

    I am not a native english speaker. I would really appreciate to check some of my
    english texts (mainly plain text format, or latex format). Does any body know if
    it exists an english grammar checker. I tried some of the programs given in[1]
    and also link grammar[2]. From what I can read, the latter seems the best but is
    heavy to use in a command line, since the sentences have to be provided line by
    line...

    any helps would be appreciated.

    Reference(s):
    [1] http://www.languagetool.org/links/
    [2] http://www.link.cs.cmu.edu/link/

    --
    F. Lagarde

  2. Re: english grammar checker.

    Check this out too:

    http://www.spellcheckanywhere.com/

    ""François" Lagarde" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am not a native english speaker. I would really appreciate to check some
    > of my
    > english texts (mainly plain text format, or latex format). Does any body
    > know if
    > it exists an english grammar checker. I tried some of the programs given
    > in[1]
    > and also link grammar[2]. From what I can read, the latter seems the best
    > but is
    > heavy to use in a command line, since the sentences have to be provided
    > line by
    > line...
    >
    > any helps would be appreciated.
    >
    > Reference(s):