The Review: Werewolf, Fedora’s Redeemer?

| Fedora 8 is a distribution to beat. Its great features and much improved
| stability simply rocks. It may not be a distro that I can say is ideal for
| Linux newbies, but it is almost there. So, to answer the question: Is
| Werewolf Fedora’s Redeemer? In my own opinion, it is. It somehow revived
| Fedora from its previous blunders. I’m sure Fedora faithfuls will never be
| tempted to look at Ubuntu again. Can Werewolf help put Fedora back on top? As
| of the moment, Fedora is still ranked #4 in Distrowatch. If Werewolf will
| fail to do so, at least it will serve as a catalyst for future releases to
| take Fedora back to where it truly belongs. I think the only direction Fedora
| is going right now is certainly upward.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/01/...-redeemer.html

Related:

For 2008 media will create Red Hat-Ubuntu war

,----[ Quote ]
| Here’s an easy prediction to make. In 2008 the media will gin up a “war”
| between Red Hat and Ubuntu for “control” of Linux.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1848

Red Hat gets all charged up in Asia

,----[ Quote ]
| The trend we're seeing is toward having different desktops for different
| users. Linux's flexibility means that we see it on a variety of devices like
| thin clients or the OLPC, for example. I'm expecting widespread deployment of
| Linux on the desktop fairly soon. *
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/softwa...2034857,00.htm

Red Hat Preps Desktop Blitz, Regional Events

,----[ Quote ]
| The VAR Guy hears. After focusing mainly on x86 servers in recent years, Red
| Hat will move both downstream and upstream while rallying partners at
| regional events later this year. *
`----

http://techiqmag.com/2007/03/22/red-...artner-events/

Van Wyk aims to transform Red Hat for future growth

,----[ Quote ]
| Coming up with that internal plan lies on the shoulders of 30-year IT veteran
| Nick Van Wyk. Van Wyk joined Red Hat last year from EMC, taking a newly
| created role as vice president of operations to optimize Red Hat's
| subscription model and create better business processes to support the
| company's channel. * *
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/...rss-linux-news

Red Hat, Research In Motion lead early tech gains

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat, Research In Motion lead early tech gains Red Hat Inc. shares rose 66
| cents, or 3.7%, to $19.60 after the open-source software developer on Tuesday
| reported a 65% increase in its second-quarter earning due to strong sales of
| its Linux operating system software. *
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Stor...yhoo&dist=yhoo

Tour of GNOME Online Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Here’s a tour of the pre-alpha demo release of GNOME Online Desktop included
| in Fedora 8.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/1...nline-desktop/

Red Hat Offers Global Desktop for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| With Red Hat launching a new Linux-based desktop operating system,
| called Global Desktop for Linux, one analyst is saying the software
| could be "huge" for Linux, particularly in developing countries that
| haven't gone the Microsoft Windows route. Red Hat's Global Desktop
| for Linux is a commercial spinoff of the One Laptop Per Child project.
`----

http://www.newsfactor.com/news/Red-H...d=0110001A6OI0

Red Hat small business desktops available in Australia early 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Mr Riveros, Red Hat's new Linux desktop release will be easy to
| implement by small businesses with no Linux expertise in house and will
| require less security knowledge than for Microsoft Windows. *
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/13943/53/

Dell beefs up Precision portable workstation line

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell is adding more power to its high-end line of mobile workstations with
| the debut of the Precision M6300, a 17" notebook geared at engineers,
| developers, video editors and others who need to tote around some serious
| silicon. *
|
| [...]
|
| RedHat Linux 5.1 will be available on the system in October.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09...ecision_m6300/

The Future of Linux: An Interview with Kim Brebach

,----[ Quote ]
| OSS: Even if Linux isn’t ready for home desktops just yet, can it hold up in
| a corporate office environment, especially given its greater security and
| cost effectiveness compared to Windows? *
|
| Kim: Linux can hold up anywhere, as long as there is some tech support,
| because it’s inherently more stable and secure than Windows.
`----

http://www.opensourcesociety.org/200...h-kim-brebach/

IT Week leader: Red Hat in a new ring

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat can no longer be aptly described as “the Linux company”. The firm
| might have made its name with a distribution of the operating system but its
| reach now extends far beyond those confines. *
`----

http://www.pcmag.co.uk/itweek/commen...r-red-hat-ring

Red Hat delays new software for PCs until January

,----[ Quote ]
| She said Red Hat was postponing the product's release again because it has
| yet to resolve problems getting the right to distribute software for playing
| music and viewing videos with the Linux software. *
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071211/bs_nm/redhat_dc_1

Dell's Latitude XT convertible laptop ready to ship

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20...nfoworld/93910