Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

,----[ Quote ]
| We asked a simple question: what Microsoft product could have used a little
| more polish before release? The answer astounded us. We would just like to
| thank Bill Gates for his honesty and his openness.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-...-windows-sucks

Figures from Rex (yesterday):

Days * *Millions * * Average/day * * Rate/Day
30******20**************670k* *******************670k
100*****40**************400k* *******************290k
180*****60**************330k* *******************250k
300*****88**************290k* *******************230k
375*****100*************270k** ******************160k

Vista's 100m sales mark said to hide disappointing results

,----[ Quote ]
| Although Microsoft's opening keynote at the Consumer Electronics Show outed
| record-setting Windows Vista sales figures, supplemental information suggests
| the software's debut may have been underwhelming in a larger context.
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...g_results.html
http://tinyurl.com/3963ex

Windows Vista "Now Slower and with more Bugs!"

http://whati****tingmenow.blogspot.c...with-more.html

2007: Microsoft's worst year ever.

Related:

Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft says it remains happy with enterprise sales of Vista -- however,
| the software behemoth acknowledges that many businesses which have bought
| Vista licences are yet to deploy the software. *
`----

Will Windows Vista Succeed In 2008? Don't Count On It

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista has certainly been slow out of the gate. Sure, Microsoft is putting the
| operating system on newly shipped systems, but Vista sales didn’t benefit
| from the upgrade surge that previous OSes got upon release. A year after it
| began shipping, less than one percent of corporate desktops are running
| * * * * * * * * ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
| Vista. * *
| ^^^^^
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...indows_vi.html

Windows Vista kicked out of Olympics PCs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles...n.olympic.pcs/

| Financial Times Deutschland on Monday. *

| Lenovo.

`----

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/...SS&NewsID=9579

Interesting comment from CompUSA