[News] Nokia's Linux-based Internet Tablets Get KDE Option - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Nokia's Linux-based Internet Tablets Get KDE Option - Linux ; Unofficial KDE DEB packages released for Nokia Internet Tablets ,----[ Quote ] | Last year, an industrious hacker known as Penguinbait provided instructions | that described how to install the KDE desktop environment on Nokia Internet | Tablet devices. As ...

  1. [News] Nokia's Linux-based Internet Tablets Get KDE Option

    Unofficial KDE DEB packages released for Nokia Internet Tablets

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Last year, an industrious hacker known as Penguinbait provided instructions
    | that described how to install the KDE desktop environment on Nokia Internet
    | Tablet devices. As we noted at the time, the instructions required extensive
    | use of the command-line and were not really geared towards a mainstream
    | audience. Fortunately, the availability of recently released unofficial KDE
    | Maemo port packages vastly simplifies development.
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...ternet-tablets

    Related:

    KDE on the IT

    | KDE and all it's supporting programs have been compiled for the Internet
    | Tablet, and it works b-e-a-utifully. I've installed this sucker on my N770
    | and it purrs like a kitten, believe it or not
    `----

    http://geekpenguin.blogspot.com/2007/09/kde-on-it.html

    Run the Palm OS on your Nokia Internet Tablet

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Garnet VM Beta for Nokia Nseries was created by ACCESS, who is the
    | company that bought PalmSource. You can now run virtually all your favorite
    | Palm OS applications on the Nokia Internet Tablets and I can’t wait to try
    | out a few of my favorite apps. *
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=683

    30,000 Palm apps coming to Nokia webpads

  2. Re: [News] Nokia's Linux-based Internet Tablets Get KDE Option

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > Unofficial KDE DEB packages released for Nokia Internet Tablets
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Last year, an industrious hacker known as Penguinbait provided instructions
    >| that described how to install the KDE desktop environment on Nokia Internet
    >| Tablet devices. As we noted at the time, the instructions required extensive
    >| use of the command-line and were not really geared towards a mainstream
    >| audience. Fortunately, the availability of recently released unofficial KDE
    >| Maemo port packages vastly simplifies development.
    > `----
    >
    > http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...ternet-tablets

    Fun, but I still rather like matchbox...