Re: Harsh Gentoo Reviewer Apologises - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Harsh Gentoo Reviewer Apologises - Linux ; Hadron wrote: > Jerry McBride writes: > >> Hadron wrote: >> >>> Jerry McBride writes: >>> >>> *snip* >>> >>> ps, must you include the "reply-to" and the "Mail-Copies-To" headers? >>> >>> You're the only one who does and it ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 44 of 44

  1. Re: Harsh Gentoo Reviewer Apologises

    Hadron wrote:

    > Jerry McBride writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Jerry McBride writes:
    >>>
    >>> *snip*
    >>>
    >>> ps, must you include the "reply-to" and the "Mail-Copies-To" headers?
    >>>
    >>> You're the only one who does and it prompts some news readers to email
    >>> copies which is unnecessary and something I personally don't like to
    >>> do. Your choice obviously, but it's a tad irritating to have to
    >>> strip/manually ignore those headers.

    >> Sorry... is this one better?

    > Yup.
    >

    >> Honestly, didn't know I had them turned on.

    > No big deal. I suspect I could have configured Gnus to ignore when
    > following up to a usenet post, but just thought I'd mention it.

    No problem... Actually, you did the right thing in requesting it be turned
    off.

    Cheers.

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  2. Re: Harsh Gentoo Reviewer Apologises

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    Let's remove the parenthetical remarks from your original post and see just
    how excited you are about Gentoo:

    "Well, I've switched from Debian to Gentoo long ago, and while it's quirky,
    annoying in spots when the upstream donor does a major change
    and runs into an occasional build problem, I've had no real show stoppers
    thus far."

    I'll have to cheer myself up after that testimonial...

  3. Re: Harsh Gentoo Reviewer Apologises

    * DFS fired off this tart reply:

    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >

    > Let's remove the parenthetical remarks from your original post and see just
    > how excited you are about Gentoo:
    >
    > "Well, I've switched from Debian to Gentoo long ago, and while it's quirky,
    > annoying in spots when the upstream donor does a major change
    > and runs into an occasional build problem, I've had no real show stoppers
    > thus far."
    >
    > I'll have to cheer myself up after that testimonial...

    Yeah, it sounds a bit like my experiences with Windows.

    --
    The increasing percentage of Vista isn't growth -- it's molting.

  4. Re: Harsh Gentoo Reviewer Apologises

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer

    wrote
    on Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:17:26 +0000
    <7rvj55-jaa.ln1@sky.matrix>:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that William Poaster spake thusly:
    >
    >> Obviously saying Debian=Ubuntu is *wrong*.
    >> Ubuntu is *derived* from Debian, it is *not* Debian.

    > Yes, that'd be like saying that Vista=WinME.
    >
    > Of *course* it isn't.
    >
    > WinME was nowhere near /that/ bad.

    Apparently, WinMe was crash-happy. Vista has delusions of godhood.

    :-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because it's there and it works.
    Windows. It's there, but does it work?