Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom? - Linux ; [H]omer wrote: > Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > >> CD copying OK, DRM circumvention not OK > > No coincidence that this announcement comes at exactly the same time as > the "anti-hacking tools" ...

  1. Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

    [H]omer wrote:

    >> CD copying OK, DRM circumvention not OK

    > No coincidence that this announcement comes at exactly the same time as
    > the "anti-hacking tools" proposal. Clue: they're both part of the same
    > agenda. How long before the misconception that "supplying a PC without
    > Windows is illegal" becomes fact?
    >
    > Add MSLabour to the list, under MSBBC.

    IIRC, wasn't there talk about the BBC considering re-vamping the BBC TV
    licence fee (which is required only if you receive TV signals) into a
    BBC PC licence fee (which would require payment of the fee for mere
    ownership of a computer)?

  2. Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

    Darth Chaos espoused:
    > [H]omer wrote:
    >>
    >>> CD copying OK, DRM circumvention not OK

    >> No coincidence that this announcement comes at exactly the same time as
    >> the "anti-hacking tools" proposal. Clue: they're both part of the same
    >> agenda. How long before the misconception that "supplying a PC without
    >> Windows is illegal" becomes fact?
    >>
    >> Add MSLabour to the list, under MSBBC.
    >>

    > IIRC, wasn't there talk about the BBC considering re-vamping the BBC TV
    > licence fee (which is required only if you receive TV signals) into a
    > BBC PC licence fee (which would require payment of the fee for mere
    > ownership of a computer)?

    That was some time ago, although I don't know what happened to it. As
    the BBC's licence-fees are now mainly being used to line the pockets of
    Siemens, Microsoft and others, it's really time to abandon the whole
    thing. I'd like to see just how much licence-fee cash becomes profit
    for commercial entities.

    In the meantime, DRM circumvention "not okay" is utterly unpolicable,
    and about as sensible as an ID card. Obviously, the government is being
    massaged (again) by foreign commercial interests, as those of the people
    are clearly not important to this labour government.

    I wonder how many expensive dinners were involved in getting this
    abysmal proposal to this stage?

  3. Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

    ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 09:17 : \____

    > Darth Chaos espoused:

    >>> No coincidence that this announcement comes at exactly the same time as
    >>> the "anti-hacking tools" proposal. Clue: they're both part of the same
    >>> agenda. How long before the misconception that "supplying a PC without
    >>> Windows is illegal" becomes fact?
    >>>
    >>> Add MSLabour to the list, under MSBBC.
    >>>

    >> IIRC, wasn't there talk about the BBC considering re-vamping the BBC TV
    >> licence fee (which is required only if you receive TV signals) into a
    >> BBC PC licence fee (which would require payment of the fee for mere
    >> ownership of a computer)?

    > That was some time ago, although I don't know what happened to it. As
    > the BBC's licence-fees are now mainly being used to line the pockets of
    > Siemens, Microsoft and others, it's really time to abandon the whole
    > thing. I'd like to see just how much licence-fee cash becomes profit
    > for commercial entities.
    >
    > In the meantime, DRM circumvention "not okay" is utterly unpolicable,
    > and about as sensible as an ID card. Obviously, the government is being
    > massaged (again) by foreign commercial interests, as those of the people
    > are clearly not important to this labour government.
    >
    > I wonder how many expensive dinners were involved in getting this
    > abysmal proposal to this stage?

    More importantly, when or where is the next Bilderberg gathering? This is a
    disgusting state of affair that shows you just why you cannot separate
    technology from politics.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit
    Cpu(s): 25.0%us, 4.1%sy, 1.0%ni, 65.8%id, 3.7%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st

  4. Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 09:17 : \____
    >
    >> Darth Chaos espoused:

    >>> IIRC, wasn't there talk about the BBC considering re-vamping the BBC TV
    >>> licence fee (which is required only if you receive TV signals) into a
    >>> BBC PC licence fee (which would require payment of the fee for mere
    >>> ownership of a computer)?

    >> That was some time ago, although I don't know what happened to it. As
    >> the BBC's licence-fees are now mainly being used to line the pockets of
    >> Siemens, Microsoft and others, it's really time to abandon the whole
    >> thing. I'd like to see just how much licence-fee cash becomes profit
    >> for commercial entities.
    >>
    >> In the meantime, DRM circumvention "not okay" is utterly unpolicable,
    >> and about as sensible as an ID card. Obviously, the government is being
    >> massaged (again) by foreign commercial interests, as those of the people
    >> are clearly not important to this labour government.
    >>
    >> I wonder how many expensive dinners were involved in getting this
    >> abysmal proposal to this stage?

    > More importantly, when or where is the next Bilderberg gathering? This is a
    > disgusting state of affair that shows you just why you cannot separate
    > technology from politics.

    Having had a quick peek at http://www.bilderberg.org/, my first reaction
    was that it seemed a little over the top, but as you start to pick
    through, the site does appear to consist of evidence rather than theory,
    and where there is theory, it's backed by evidence. It's also hardly
    surprising that the site has been pulled so many times, I can see a lot
    of influential people being very embarassed by it.

    Local council corruption is the stuff of legend, of course. I suspect
    if we started to sort that out, there wouldn't be a town our county
    councillor with a seat remaining.

  5. Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

    ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 12:11 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 09:17 : \____
    >>
    >>> Darth Chaos espoused:

    >>> That was some time ago, although I don't know what happened to it. As
    >>> the BBC's licence-fees are now mainly being used to line the pockets of
    >>> Siemens, Microsoft and others, it's really time to abandon the whole
    >>> thing. I'd like to see just how much licence-fee cash becomes profit
    >>> for commercial entities.
    >>>
    >>> In the meantime, DRM circumvention "not okay" is utterly unpolicable,
    >>> and about as sensible as an ID card. Obviously, the government is being
    >>> massaged (again) by foreign commercial interests, as those of the people
    >>> are clearly not important to this labour government.
    >>>
    >>> I wonder how many expensive dinners were involved in getting this
    >>> abysmal proposal to this stage?

    >> More importantly, when or where is the next Bilderberg gathering? This is a
    >> disgusting state of affair that shows you just why you cannot separate
    >> technology from politics.
    >>

    > Having had a quick peek at http://www.bilderberg.org/, my first reaction
    > was that it seemed a little over the top, but as you start to pick
    > through, the site does appear to consist of evidence rather than theory,
    > and where there is theory, it's backed by evidence. It's also hardly
    > surprising that the site has been pulled so many times, I can see a lot
    > of influential people being very embarassed by it.
    >
    > Local council corruption is the stuff of legend, of course. I suspect
    > if we started to sort that out, there wouldn't be a town our county
    > councillor with a seat remaining.

    Have you seen the information and video in my personal blog (some of it is
    still in page 1)? I've been finding links to Microsoft and the 'Gateses'.
    Bill's wife attends these events, apparently.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    The folks on the Ubuntu CD cover need to apt-get shirt, not sudo fsck.
    Mem: 515500k total, 444112k used, 71388k free, 4224k buffers

  6. Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 12:11 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 09:17 : \____

    >>> More importantly, when or where is the next Bilderberg gathering? This is a
    >>> disgusting state of affair that shows you just why you cannot separate
    >>> technology from politics.
    >>>

    >> Having had a quick peek at http://www.bilderberg.org/, my first reaction
    >> was that it seemed a little over the top, but as you start to pick
    >> through, the site does appear to consist of evidence rather than theory,
    >> and where there is theory, it's backed by evidence. It's also hardly
    >> surprising that the site has been pulled so many times, I can see a lot
    >> of influential people being very embarassed by it.
    >>
    >> Local council corruption is the stuff of legend, of course. I suspect
    >> if we started to sort that out, there wouldn't be a town our county
    >> councillor with a seat remaining.

    > Have you seen the information and video in my personal blog (some of it is
    > still in page 1)? I've been finding links to Microsoft and the 'Gateses'.
    > Bill's wife attends these events, apparently.

    No, but I'll take a look. Very interesting!

  7. Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

    In article ,
    Mark Kent wrote:
    > Having had a quick peek at http://www.bilderberg.org/, my first reaction

    That's like taking a peek at boycottnovell.com to learn about Linux. As
    Wikipedia notes:

    Biblical Fundamentalist Tony Gosling registered the domain name
    bilderberg.org, and uses the web site to spread his theory that the
    group's alleged efforts towards a world government are a sign of a
    biblically-predicted apocalypse

    --
    --Tim Smith

  8. Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

    In article <2313552.gYgE845zQd@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Have you seen the information and video in my personal blog (some of it is
    > still in page 1)? I've been finding links to Microsoft and the 'Gateses'.
    > Bill's wife attends these events, apparently.

    She was a guest at the Bilderberg meeting in 2004.

    If you'd like to feed your paranoia:

    The only other Microsoft connection there seems to be Craig Mundie.
    Google's there, too.

    If you want to really worry, notice that Sony is a corporate member of
    the CFR, and they've got someone on the Trilateral Commission.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  9. Re: America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

    On Jan 9, 8:41 pm, Tim Smith wrote:
    > In article <2313552.gYgE845...@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    > > Have you seen the information and video in my personal blog (some of it is
    > > still in page 1)? I've been finding links to Microsoft and the 'Gateses'.
    > > Bill's wife attends these events, apparently.

    > She was a guest at the Bilderberg meeting in 2004.
    >
    > If you'd like to feed your paranoia:
    >

    > The only other Microsoft connection there seems to be Craig Mundie.
    > Google's there, too.
    >
    > If you want to really worry, notice that Sony is a corporate member of
    > the CFR, and they've got someone on the Trilateral Commission.
    >
    > --
    > --Tim Smith

    What I'm about to say is off-topic, but even the big corporate food
    companies are corporate CFR members, and the "food police" (Center for
    Science in the Public Interest) actually receives funding from the
    Rockefeller Foundation (one of the biggest financiers of the
    Bilderberg Group and the Trilateral Commission). They basically
    control all the horses in the race.

  10. Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

    In article ,
    Mark Kent wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > > Yes, and there's an army out there trying to hide the traces and
    > > call everyone who talks about Bilderberg a loon, a 'theorist', or
    > > whatever.

    > Oh, we know it goes on, just as we know about the Freemasons, local
    > council corruption, government corruption, business corruption and so
    > on...

    What about the Freemasons?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  11. Re: [News] America-style DMCA in the United Kingdom?

    * Tim Smith fired off this tart reply:

    > In article ,
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> > Yes, and there's an army out there trying to hide the traces and
    >> > call everyone who talks about Bilderberg a loon, a 'theorist', or
    >> > whatever.

    >> Oh, we know it goes on, just as we know about the Freemasons, local
    >> council corruption, government corruption, business corruption and so
    >> on...

    > What about the Freemasons?

    "Masonry opens doors!"

    (A little joke from a Monty Python skit).

    --
    The increasing percentage of Vista isn't growth -- it's molting.

+ Reply to Thread