Linux is great, but Open Office is TERRIBLE - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux is great, but Open Office is TERRIBLE - Linux ; Linux will NEVER dominate the Desktop without a decent office program...

  1. Linux is great, but Open Office is TERRIBLE

    Linux will NEVER dominate the Desktop without a decent office program

  2. Re: Linux is great, but Open Office is WONDERFUL

    Micoshaft Asstroturfer WasteWasteWaste@gmail.com wrote on behalf of
    Micoshaft Corporation:

    Linux will dominate the Desktop with a decent office program
    like Open Office http://www.openoffice.org

    Micoshaft's over priced competing bug ridden viri prone
    office product is not up to it any more.

    Users dependent on micoshaft resources are a threat to organisations
    as they bring in virises, daily security threats, and are
    responsible for most IT breakages within the office.

    Time to phase out micoshaft users and its dependency
    and focus on Linux like Ubuntu and Open Office.

    http://www.ubuntu.com
    http://www.openoffice.org
    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  3. Re: Linux is great, but Open Office is WONDERFUL

    ____/ 7 on Wednesday 09 January 2008 07:18 : \____

    > Micoshaft Asstroturfer WasteWasteWaste@gmail.com wrote on behalf of
    > Micoshaft Corporation:

    > Linux will dominate the Desktop with a decent office program
    > like Open Office http://www.openoffice.org
    >
    > Micoshaft's over priced competing bug ridden viri prone
    > office product is not up to it any more.
    >
    > Users dependent on micoshaft resources are a threat to organisations
    > as they bring in virises, daily security threats, and are
    > responsible for most IT breakages within the office.
    >
    > Time to phase out micoshaft users and its dependency
    > and focus on Linux like Ubuntu and Open Office.
    >
    > http://www.ubuntu.com
    > http://www.openoffice.org
    > http://www.livecdlist.com
    > http://www.distrowatch.com

    Yes, looking at the headers of the OP, it's clear that a troll is here to
    provoke again. FWIW, even Microsoft Office runs on Linux, thanks to WinE.
    Those who think that Office is indispensable (which it ain't) can still use
    it.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | INQredible Hacktivism
    Swap: 1510068k total, 673520k used, 836548k free, 59604k cached

  4. Re: Linux is great, but Open Office is WONDERFUL

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ 7 on Wednesday 09 January 2008 07:18 : \____
    >
    >> Micoshaft Asstroturfer WasteWasteWaste@gmail.com wrote on behalf of
    >> Micoshaft Corporation:

    >> Linux will dominate the Desktop with a decent office program
    >> like Open Office http://www.openoffice.org
    >>
    >> Micoshaft's over priced competing bug ridden viri prone
    >> office product is not up to it any more.
    >>
    >> Users dependent on micoshaft resources are a threat to organisations
    >> as they bring in virises, daily security threats, and are
    >> responsible for most IT breakages within the office.
    >>
    >> Time to phase out micoshaft users and its dependency
    >> and focus on Linux like Ubuntu and Open Office.
    >>
    >> http://www.ubuntu.com
    >> http://www.openoffice.org
    >> http://www.livecdlist.com
    >> http://www.distrowatch.com

    > Yes, looking at the headers of the OP, it's clear that a troll is here to
    > provoke again.

    Yes, it's a waste of space troll alright & posting
    through google probably. (I didn't see the OP)

    > FWIW, even Microsoft Office runs on Linux, thanks to WinE.
    > Those who think that Office is indispensable (which it ain't) can still
    > use it.

    Quite some time ago, in 2003, the state of Israel announced it was dumping
    M$ Office in favour of OpenOffice in all it's government departments. It
    began distributing Openoffice.org to its users in January 2004.
    Following this, the city of Austin (Texas) adopted OOo software. Governments
    in Germany, France, Brazil and China have also stated interest in going the
    open source route too.

    Seems they're all quite happy to use it, which makes the Wintrolls like
    Quack (who say it's crap) look like the M$ shills they are.

    --
    Windows free for 10 years!
    Kubuntu Linux 7.10 64bit

  5. Re: Linux is great, but Open Office is TERRIBLE

    WasteWasteWaste@gmail.com wrote:
    > Linux will NEVER dominate the Desktop without a decent office program

    I agree. Plus it will take lots of good games and other apps in many
    categories. Free isn't nearly enough: the breadth and quality of the
    software has to meet or beat Windows/commercial code to make people switch
    (and stay switched).

  6. Re: Linux is great, but Open Office is TERRIBLE

    * DFS fired off this tart reply:

    > WasteWasteWaste@gmail.com wrote:
    >> Linux will NEVER dominate the Desktop without a decent office program

    > I agree. Plus it will take lots of good games and other apps in many
    > categories. Free isn't nearly enough: the breadth and quality of the
    > software has to meet or beat Windows/commercial code to make people switch
    > (and stay switched).

    Nope. Right now, it would take near-perfect app compatibility to get
    most people to switch.

    The breadth and quality (if not quantity) of OSS code is already about
    90% there.

    --
    The increasing percentage of Vista isn't growth -- it's molting.

  7. Re: Linux is great, but Open Office is TERRIBLE

    On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 22:25:15 -0800, WasteWasteWaste@gmail.com wrote:

    > Linux will NEVER dominate the Desktop without a decent office program

    So, do you have any actual particular complaints, or are you simply a MS
    shill?

  8. Re: Linux is great, but Open Office is TERRIBLE

    Linonut wrote:
    > * DFS fired off this tart reply:
    >
    >> WasteWasteWaste@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> Linux will NEVER dominate the Desktop without a decent office
    >>> program

    >> I agree. Plus it will take lots of good games and other apps in many
    >> categories. Free isn't nearly enough: the breadth and quality of the
    >> software has to meet or beat Windows/commercial code to make people
    >> switch (and stay switched).

    > Nope. Right now, it would take near-perfect app compatibility to get
    > most people to switch.
    >
    > The breadth and quality (if not quantity) of OSS code is already about
    > 90% there.

    If you mean it's 90% of the way towards 10% there, I agree.

  9. Re: Linux is great, but Open Office is TERRIBLE

    * DFS fired off this tart reply:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> The breadth and quality (if not quantity) of OSS code is already about
    >> 90% there.

    > If you mean it's 90% of the way towards 10% there, I agree.

    I am extrememly amazed at just how much solid, good-looking, and
    reliable functionality you can get simply by downloading unencumbered
    OSS software.

    It makes me realize just how long it has been since I last ran Wine.

    --
    The increasing percentage of Vista isn't growth -- it's molting.

  10. Re: Linux is great, but Open Office is TERRIBLE

    On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 22:25:15 -0800, WasteWasteWaste@gmail.com wrote:

    > Linux will NEVER dominate the Desktop without a decent office program

    Yeah, I guess you're right...

    Linux will NEVER go far without a propietary, buggy, unreliable, and
    easily exploitable office suite like Word and Excel and all them...

  11. Re: Linux is great, but Open Office is TERRIBLE

    On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 22:25:15 -0800, WasteWasteWaste@gmail.com wrote:

    > Linux will NEVER dominate the Desktop without a decent office program

    If you don't like OpenOffice.org, then buy a copy of Crossover Office and
    run Microsoft Office and quit whining.

+ Reply to Thread