[News] A Looks at KDE 4's Konqueror, OpenSUSE 11 (and SUSE Rejected Again) - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] A Looks at KDE 4's Konqueror, OpenSUSE 11 (and SUSE Rejected Again) - Linux ; Konqueror in KDE 4.0 RC2 ,----[ Quote ] | Konqueror has the distinction of being the default file manager as well as | the default web browser of KDE 3.xx. It supports basic file management on | local UNIX filesystems, ...

  1. [News] A Looks at KDE 4's Konqueror, OpenSUSE 11 (and SUSE Rejected Again)

    Konqueror in KDE 4.0 RC2

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Konqueror has the distinction of being the default file manager as well as
    | the default web browser of KDE 3.xx. It supports basic file management on
    | local UNIX filesystems, from simple cut/copy and paste operations to advanced
    | remote and local network file browsing. It has support for KIO slaves and has
    | the KParts object through which it can embed components like media player,
    | KWord etc. As a web browser it is HTML 4.01 compliant, supporting Java
    | applets, JavaScript, CSS 1, CSS 2.1, as well as Netscape plugins (for
    | example, Flash or RealVideo plugins).
    | Konqueror is a also universal viewing application, capable of embedding
    | read-only viewing components in itself to view documents without ever
    | launching another application.
    `----

    http://abhay-techzone.blogspot.com/2...de-40-rc2.html

    OpenSuSE 11 Alpha 0 Screenshots

    http://www.decriptor.com/?p=55

    why openSuse 10.3 isn't my Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For me it’s time to say goodbye to openSuse, this system is not for a normal
    | user who needs the things running without hassle. My demand on a system is
    | very clear: Plug and play. Whenever I need to open the terminal window the
    | developers are to dump to produce a perfect user experience. Ubuntu is
    | downloading at the moment and I will test it as soon as it is burned on
    | cd-rw...
    `----

    http://www.marvellous.de/index.php?o...386&Itemid=115

    Related:

    10 Things I Love about KDE 4 RC2+

    ,----[ Summary of points ]
    | 10. Oxygen Icons
    |
    | 9. Look and Feel
    |
    | 8. Konqueror improvements
    |
    | 7. Koffice2 is amazing
    |
    | 6. Doing away with the desktop-is-file-manager idea
    |
    | 5. Kickoff
    |
    | 4. Composite effects
    |
    | 3. Gwenview
    |
    | 2. Consistency
    |
    | 1. Guts, courage and balls
    `----

    http://www.linuxtechdaily.com/2008/0...out-kde-4-rc2/

  2. Re: openSuSE ..

    On 8 Jan, 14:53, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > For me it's time to say goodbye to openSuse, this system is not for a normal user who needs the things running without hassle ..

    I have found the openSuSE to be less than open in providing the
    information needed to fully tweak a system. I mean it's all there on
    the DVD you just have to find it.

    Ubuntu actually seems to be designed with the 'normal user' in mind
    and there is a lot more support online.

    I fear that NovoSOFTS strategy in relation to openSUSE is to make it a
    niche distro only interesting to the developers and tinkerers.

    Is it possible to use openSuSE in a commercial environment without
    paying per seat or per server or per processor licenses. I asked on
    the openSuSE forum but no one seems to want to provide that
    information. Or even mention the name of the dreaded GPL ...

    http://suseforums.net/

  3. Re: openSuSE ..

    Doug Mentohl writes:

    > On 8 Jan, 14:53, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> For me it's time to say goodbye to openSuse, this system is not for a normal user who needs the things running without hassle ..

    > I have found the openSuSE to be less than open in providing the
    > information needed to fully tweak a system. I mean it's all there on
    > the DVD you just have to find it.

    Way to go Einstein. And the rest of the 500 or so Linux distros are better how?

  4. Re: openSuSE ..

    "Hadron" schreef in bericht
    > Doug Mentohl writes:
    >
    >> On 8 Jan, 14:53, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> For me it's time to say goodbye to openSuse, this system is not for a
    >>> normal user who needs the things running without hassle ..

    >> I have found the openSuSE to be less than open in providing the
    >> information needed to fully tweak a system. I mean it's all there on
    >> the DVD you just have to find it.

    > Way to go Einstein. And the rest of the 500 or so Linux distros are better
    > how?

    Some Linux distro's have very odd names. Some of these Linux zealots must be
    real weirdos!
    CHAINSAWLINUX
    Devil-Linux
    JAILBAIT
    Mastodon Linux
    Wellhung Linux
    Red Fag Linux
    Doper
    BUTT Linux
    Fag project
    SUX project
    ASSLinux Desktop
    nerdLinux
    dia:bolic
    FsckOSX
    GeekboX
    uClitonux
    FuxLinux
    Moronlinux
    STUD GNU/Linux
    WHINENUX
    NippleBleX

  5. Re: openSuSE ..

    Clogwog schreef:

    > Some Linux distro's have very odd names. Some of these Linux zealots
    > must be real weirdos!
    >
    > CHAINSAWLINUX, Devil-Linux, JAILBAIT, Mastodon Linux, Wellhung Linux,
    > Red Fag Linux, Doper, BUTT Linux, Fag project, SUX project, ASSLinux
    > Desktop, nerdLinux, dia:bolic, FsckOSX, GeekboX, uClitonux, FuxLinux,
    > Moronlinux, STUD GNU/Linux, WHINENUX, NippleBleX

    Clogwog is een idioot. U moet een beter beroep vinden.

    --
    HPT

  6. Re: openSuSE ..

    "高い平野のサンパー" schreef in bericht
    newsan.2008.01.12.03.37.26.229000@linuxmail.org...
    > Clogwog schreef:
    >>
    >> Some Linux distro's have very odd names. Some of these Linux zealots
    >> must be real weirdos!
    >>
    >> CHAINSAWLINUX, Devil-Linux, JAILBAIT, Mastodon Linux, Wellhung Linux,
    >> Red Fag Linux, Doper, BUTT Linux, Fag project, SUX project, ASSLinux
    >> Desktop, nerdLinux, dia:bolic, FsckOSX, GeekboX, uClitonux, FuxLinux,
    >> Moronlinux, STUD GNU/Linux, WHINENUX, NippleBleX

    > Clogwog is een idioot. U moet een beter beroep vinden.
    >
    > --
    > HPT

    https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...88561558523802
    "High Plains Thumper loves to suck on balls.
    October 18, 2007 5:48 PM"

  7. Re: openSuSE ..

    Clogwog schreef:

    > https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...88561558523802
    >
    > "High Plains Thumper loves to suck on balls. October 18, 2007
    > 5:48 PM"

    Dank u wel. Nu, ik weet het. U bent de anonieme schrijver.

    --
    HPT

  8. Re: openSuSE ..

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > Clogwog schreef:
    >>
    >> https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...88561558523802
    >>
    >> "High Plains Thumper loves to suck on balls. October 18, 2007
    >> 5:48 PM"

    > Dank u wel. Nu, ik weet het. U bent de anonieme schrijver.

    Ye gods. Surely even chrisv has plonked High Plains Hypocrite by now?

    The day he has a thought of himself is the day that one of Mark Kent's
    predictions come true.

  9. Re: openSuSE ..

    Hadron wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper writes:
    >> Clogwog schreef:
    >>>
    >>> https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...88561558523802
    >>>
    >>> "High Plains Thumper loves to suck on balls. October 18, 2007
    >>> 5:48 PM"

    >> Dank u wel. Nu, ik weet het. U bent de anonieme schrijver.

    > Ye gods. Surely even chrisv has plonked High Plains Hypocrite by now?
    >
    > The day he has a thought of himself is the day that one of Mark Kent's
    > predictions come true.

    Hmmmm..... Interesting ...... I binned Hadron, but fortunately
    Google-Groups made known his iillicit reply. Ah, Hadron, the Tokyo
    Rose of advocacy. Calls me a hypocrite, yet fails to respond to
    Clogwog's foul reply. This is an example of:

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    45. Criticize Linux Advocates but ignore anti-Linux propagandist
    transgressions. Always criticize the behavior of Linux Advocates,
    but, ignore the same and even worse transgressions are being committed
    by your fellow Trespassers.
    --
    HPT

  10. Re: openSuSE ..

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper writes:
    >>> Clogwog schreef:

    https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...88561558523802

    >>> Dank u wel. Nu, ik weet het. U bent de anonieme schrijver.

    >> Ye gods. Surely even chrisv has plonked High Plains Hypocrite by now?
    >>
    >> The day he has a thought of himself is the day that one of Mark Kent's
    >> predictions come true.

    > Hmmmm..... Interesting ...... I binned Hadron, but fortunately
    > Google-Groups made known his iillicit reply. Ah, Hadron, the Tokyo
    > Rose of advocacy. Calls me a hypocrite, yet fails to respond to
    > Clogwog's foul reply. This is an example of:
    >
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
    >

    > 7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics
    >
    > 45. Criticize Linux Advocates but ignore anti-Linux propagandist
    > transgressions. Always criticize the behavior of Linux Advocates,
    > but, ignore the same and even worse transgressions are being committed
    > by your fellow Trespassers.

    Hadron Quack, The Trolls Friend.

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed

  11. Re: openSuSE ..

    On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 03:45:33 -0800 (PST), High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    > Hmmmm..... Interesting ...... I binned Hadron, but fortunately
    > Google-Groups made known his iillicit reply. Ah, Hadron, the Tokyo
    > Rose of advocacy.

    Yea, yea, you Linux fools are always claiming you've binned this one and
    that one and are only seeing posts 3rd party.
    Yea, well if you bin someone it means you are not interested in what they
    are saying.
    Yet, you never fail to respond to posts by these supposedly binned people
    even if it's third party.
    So why respond at all if you actually have the person binned?

    Hypocrites are what most of you Linux advocates are.

    BTW the Tokyo Rose comment *was* pretty funny
    Not true, but unique.

  12. Re: openSuSE ..

    William Poaster wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ye gods. Surely even chrisv has plonked High Plains
    >>> Hypocrite by now?
    >>>
    >>> The day he has a thought of himself is the day that one of
    >>> Mark Kent's predictions come true.

    >> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    >> 45. Criticize Linux Advocates but ignore anti-Linux
    >> propagandist transgressions.

    > Hadron Quack, The Trolls Friend.

    It certainly seems that way. The "Tokyo Rose" of advocacy.

    --
    HPT

  13. Forget openSuSE ..... Ubuntu, Ubuntu, Ubuntu!

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> Hmmmm..... Interesting ...... I binned Hadron, but
    >> fortunately Google-Groups made known his illicit reply. Ah,
    >> Hadron, the Tokyo Rose of advocacy.

    > Yea, yea, you Linux fools are always claiming you've binned
    > this one and that one and are only seeing posts 3rd party.

    Hmmmm..... Interesting baseless observation, all linux advocates
    are fools.

    > Yea, well if you bin someone it means you are not interested
    > in what they are saying. Yet, you never fail to respond to
    > posts by these supposedly binned people even if it's third
    > party. So why respond at all if you actually have the person
    > binned?

    Is this why you continuously nymshift? Ah, I see, you need to
    seek a response from us.

    > Hypocrites are what most of you Linux advocates are.

    Interesting generalisation, but it holds very little water.

    > BTW the Tokyo Rose comment *was* pretty funny

    His continuous taunts toward advocates are not much different
    that TR's taunts toward Allies during WW2. She claimed to be a
    friend of the Allies, but spoke contrarily.

    > Not true, but unique.

    Interesting, rhymes with Troll-speak.

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    41. Use of Undefined Terminology. Use terms such as
    "indoctrinated" as a substitute for "educated" or "experienced"
    when referring to a Linux Advocate. Use "pedantic" in place of
    "correct", "precise", or "accurate" when referring to a Linux
    Advocate. Create and use personal definitions such as
    commercial quality" for impressive sounding terms to mislead the
    unwary. But never share your definitions for your inappropriate
    terminology. This is commonly known as Troll-speak.
    BTW, I like Ubuntu. Following are the automatic updates
    installed for past few days:

    Synaptic history log:

    Commit Log for Tue Jan 22 19:10:04 2008

    Upgraded the following packages:
    bind9-host (1:9.4.1-P1-3) to 1:9.4.1-P1-3ubuntu1
    dnsutils (1:9.4.1-P1-3) to 1:9.4.1-P1-3ubuntu1
    ghostscript (8.61.dfsg.1~svn8187-0ubuntu3.2) to
    8.61.dfsg.1~svn8187-0ubuntu3.3
    ghostscript-x (8.61.dfsg.1~svn8187-0ubuntu3.2) to
    8.61.dfsg.1~svn8187-0ubuntu3.3
    gs-common (8.61.dfsg.1~svn8187-0ubuntu3.2) to
    8.61.dfsg.1~svn8187-0ubuntu3.3
    gs-esp (8.61.dfsg.1~svn8187-0ubuntu3.2) to
    8.61.dfsg.1~svn8187-0ubuntu3.3
    gs-esp-x (8.61.dfsg.1~svn8187-0ubuntu3.2) to
    8.61.dfsg.1~svn8187-0ubuntu3.3
    libbind9-30 (1:9.4.1-P1-3) to 1:9.4.1-P1-3ubuntu1
    libdns32 (1:9.4.1-P1-3) to 1:9.4.1-P1-3ubuntu1
    libgs8 (8.61.dfsg.1~svn8187-0ubuntu3.2) to
    8.61.dfsg.1~svn8187-0ubuntu3.3
    libisc32 (1:9.4.1-P1-3) to 1:9.4.1-P1-3ubuntu1
    libisccc30 (1:9.4.1-P1-3) to 1:9.4.1-P1-3ubuntu1
    libisccfg30 (1:9.4.1-P1-3) to 1:9.4.1-P1-3ubuntu1
    liblwres30 (1:9.4.1-P1-3) to 1:9.4.1-P1-3ubuntu1

    Commit Log for Sat Jan 19 13:26:46 2008

    Upgraded the following packages:
    xserver-xorg-core (2:1.3.0.0.dfsg-12ubuntu8.2) to
    2:1.3.0.0.dfsg-12ubuntu8.3

    Commit Log for Fri Jan 18 17:49:10 2008

    Upgraded the following packages:
    avahi-daemon (0.6.20-2ubuntu3.1) to 0.6.20-2ubuntu3.2
    libavahi-client3 (0.6.20-2ubuntu3.1) to 0.6.20-2ubuntu3.2
    libavahi-common-data (0.6.20-2ubuntu3.1) to 0.6.20-2ubuntu3.2
    libavahi-common3 (0.6.20-2ubuntu3.1) to 0.6.20-2ubuntu3.2
    libavahi-compat-libdnssd1 (0.6.20-2ubuntu3.1) to 0.6.20-2ubuntu3.2
    libavahi-core5 (0.6.20-2ubuntu3.1) to 0.6.20-2ubuntu3.2
    libavahi-glib1 (0.6.20-2ubuntu3.1) to 0.6.20-2ubuntu3.2
    libavahi-qt3-1 (0.6.20-2ubuntu3.1) to 0.6.20-2ubuntu3.2
    libxfont1 (1:1.3.0-0ubuntu1) to 1:1.3.0-0ubuntu1.1
    xserver-xorg-core (2:1.3.0.0.dfsg-12ubuntu8) to
    2:1.3.0.0.dfsg-12ubuntu8.2
    "Running light without overbyte." Dr. Dobbs Journal of Computer
    Orthodontistry

    --
    HPT

  14. Re: Forget openSuSE ..... Ubuntu, Ubuntu, Ubuntu!

    On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 02:29:24 -0700, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    And you were doing so well.
    I had high hopes for you, too bad.
    Oh well, I suppose the morning dose of Koolaid has kicked in.

+ Reply to Thread