Dutch company sells media player -- with a worm

,----[ Quote ]
| A batch of digital media players sold by a Dutch importer over the holidays
| appear to have been infected with a nasty stocking stuffer -- a worm.
| One user reportedly discovered the worm, Worm.Win32.Fujack.aa, after opening
| the Victory LT-200, a 512 M-Byte USB media player sold by Victory Nederland,
| wrote Roel Schouwenberg, a senior research engineer, for Kaspersky Lab, on a
| company blog.

Hackers turn Cleveland into malware server

,----[ Quote ]
| Tens of thousands of websites belonging to Fortune 500 corporations, state
| government agencies and schools have been infected with malicious code that
| attempts to engage in click fraud and steal online game credentials from
| people who visit the destinations, security researches say.

Bad engineering could only become acceptable in a world with with predatory

Hackers debut malware loaded USB ruse

,----[ Quote ]
| Malware purveyors deliberately left USB sticks loaded with a Trojan
| in a London car park in a bid to trick users into getting infected.

Security Experts Warn of a Worm Creeping into PCs Via USB Ports

,----[ Quote ]
| Security Experts at MicroWorld Technologies has warned of increased
| occurrences of a Worm with Trojan potentials, which has been
| infecting Enterprise systems and home PCs for the past two weeks.

Spyware infection prompts McDonalds MP3 recall

,----[ Quote ]
| Users who connected the McDonalds-branded MP3 player to their
| Windows PC were exposed to spyware code programmed to transmit
| their web passwords and other sensitive information to hackers.

Small Number of Video iPods Shipped With Windows Virus

,----[ Quote ]
| We recently discovered that a small number - less
| than 1% - of the Video iPods available for purchase
| after September 12, 2006, left our contract manufacturer
| carrying the Windows RavMonE.exe virus. This known
| virus affects only Windows computers...

Apple blames Windows for iPod virus

,----[ Quote ]
| "As you might imagine, we are upset at Windows for not being more hardy
| against such viruses, and even more upset with ourselves for not
| catching it," they wrote.

How can I get valuable documents off a virus-infected flash drive?

,----[ Quote ]